CBS launches I Love Lucy Store

tropicjeff

I remember back in the 1970s when I was a Lucy fan and had to send in a picture of Lucy and Desi to a t-shirt mailorder joint to make a fan t-shirt. Years later there were drips and drabs of Lucy items. And now it looks like the official CBS version?  WEHT Kathy's Closet?!   http://www.licensing.biz/news/read/cbs-consumer-products-launches-first-i-love-lucy-online-store/041162

Cathy sold her Store to someone else several years ago now; I think it's still open under the same name, though.  I know this because she had some of my chronology (3 things a day) in the early years of the 'work'; she was a very generous woman; as well as giving me use of her webman, Glen Charlow, to set it up.  He's very nice, as well.  He worked very hard to get the darn thing set up.  Last time I looked, that must be cuppla years ago, as well, it was still running on the home page.  I'll have to go back there and look.  Has anyone here tried to log on to the Closet lately? 

Just went over there, and it's still in business:  here's Cathy Kelley's background, still up on the home page:

Lucystore.com is proud to be known as the “first I Love Lucy store on the planet.”

Lucystore.com began as “Cathy’s Closet” in 1992.  Back then, owner Cathy Kelley sold only a handful of Lucy products... a few magnets, tee-shirts, and a couple of ties.  Out of her sheer love of Lucy, Cathy was able to grow her business to include hundreds of Lucy items.  The following quote came directly from Lucie Arnaz: "The only closet with more authentic Lucy items than Cathy's was my mother's!"  

Cathy’s Closet was well-known in the Lucy fan world.  It was chosen as the store for Lucie Arnaz's CD, and was interviewed by numerous newspapers, news shows, and radio stations.  From the LA times, to a Dallas CBS news show, to a Canadian newspaper and more, Cathy's Closet was written about and Cathy was interviewed as the founder of America's First, and Favorite, I Love Lucy Store - your one-stop Lucy shop. 

Cathy’s Closet was also mentioned in the “50th anniversary TV Guide” which featured Lucy, written about in the "Official 50th Anniversary I Love Lucy Book", and seen on the CBS “I Love Lucy” television special when Dick Van Dyke introduced several Lucy collectibles carried at lucystore.com.  In the TV Guide, lucystore.com was written about as a place to buy wonderful Lucy merchandise, and in the Official 50th Anniversary I Love Lucy Book there is a picture of Cathy with the caption "Cathy's Closet, opened in 1992 by owner and manager Cathy Kelley, is the first full-service I Love Lucy store on the planet. Cathy, a loyal friend of the Arnaz family, now sells hundreds of licensed I Love Lucy items. You can find her at www.lucystore.com."  

In 2012, Cathy decided to sell her beloved business to Everything Imagination, LLC, a small family-run business that owns several theme-based websites.  Today we carry more than 1500 Lucy products and are still the largest I Love Lucy store online.  We remain passionate about Lucy, strive to bring you the best Lucy products available, and continue the tradition of excellent customer service that Cathy started in 1992.

For more information about lucystore.com please contact us at:

23 Old Windsor Rd., Unit E
Bloomfield, CT   06002
888-221-9941

To learn more about Everything Imagination, LLC, please visit www.everything-imagination.com

I remember back in the 1970s when I was a Lucy fan and had to send in a picture of Lucy and Desi to a t-shirt mailorder joint to make a fan t-shirt. Years later there were drips and drabs of Lucy items. And now it looks like the official CBS version?  WEHT Kathy's Closet?!   http://www.licensing.biz/news/read/cbs-consumer-products-launches-first-i-love-lucy-online-store/041162

I'm surprised CBS took this long to get into this.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived