Rod Taylor dies at 84

Brock

CNN reports actor Rod Taylor has died at 84. Loved him in The Birds and he was great in his double header with Doris Day. I was hoping we'd see more of him again after his unlikely comeback in Inglourious Basterds. :(

In the words of Tippi Hedren: "Nooooooo...! Noooo...!"

CNN reports actor Rod Taylor has died at 84. Loved him in The Birds and he was great in his double header with Doris Day. I was hoping we'd see more of him again after his unlikely comeback in Inglourious Basterds. :(

In the words of Tippi Hedren: "Nooooooo...! Noooo...!"

I didn't even notice him in Inglorious Basterds, of course it was a lousy bootleg copy of the film.

Lucy used to tell this funny story of watching movies on her big screen in the den and always getting upset at all the sex shown, i think Thunderball brought on her rant.  So she yells to stop the movie, which her kids had already seen anyway and asked for a western and on comes Rod Taylor in one and then he's making love to this woman and Lucy got up and went to bed in exasperation. :D

I was thinking as I tried to fall asleep last night that he was also memorable in "Separate Tables" and "The Catered Affair." Didn't realise until this morning's obituaries, however, that he was the voice of Pongo in 101 Dalmatians. Groovy!!

I was thinking as I tried to fall asleep last night that he was also memorable in "Separate Tables" and "The Catered Affair." Didn't realise until this morning's obituaries, however, that he was the voice of Pongo in 101 Dalmatians. Groovy!!

Oh boy, great, i have Separate Tables in my collection so i'll put it on today, always loved him as an actor and he was quite the babe too!t  In his day of course.

:lucyshock: !!

It came out when you were nine -- you were its key demo. lol

I started going to the movies at around fifteen i think so it was off the screens by then, LOL!  Remember, Patty Duke in Please don't just stand there, or was that her hit record which was also my first.  Point is i was never big on Disney fare, even now.  I think i saw the Glen Close one though.

You didn't see a movie in theaters till you were fifteen? What was the first movie?

I just said that, i called it Please, don't just stand there but that was the hit song from the movie, the film was called BILLIE and it was boring as hell, but it was my first yes.  Don't forget, this was 1965, and kids only went to the movies alone if it was a cartoon type movie.  I loved Patty from her tv show and when she gave Lucy all those troubles later on, she faded from my radar, LOL!  I'd say the other movies i saw back then were James Bond movies and even Elvis Presley crap movies, LOL!

Sorry, I was a little confused by the post. Is Billie the one where she's the teenage lesbian or whatever?

Nah, i dun't thin she was Lebenese.  LOL!  I also don't think Patty would have played a Lesbian back in '65.  Si i googled a description of the movie which i haven't seen in about fifty years.  It says she plays a track star, a tomboyish character who eventually gets pregnant so . . . 

Archived