The Nanny: Complete Series on DVD April 21st

Mister Hepburn

I only like the first 3 seasons (which I Have on dvd already) The later ones when Fran isn't really the "nanny" anymore aren't really my favorites. I mean there are pretty funny moments and episode gems here and there, most of which are in season 6 but I'm not wild about season 4 and 5, and the latter half of 6. I'll only get the complete series if there are new special features and commentaries and knowing Shout!, there should be plenty. There are only a couple interviews and commentaries on season 1. And on S3, they changed the music in every episode. In one, Fran and Val move into an apartment full of gay men and every time Fran opened the door, The Trolley Song would play but they replaced it with royalty free disco music. Then at the end when Max gives Fran a Judy Garland CD, it makes zero sense. One of my favorite moments of season 4, which is a pretty sad moment is when Fran almost elopes with Max's brother and as she's leaving, she leaves a card on his desk and the Beegees Don't Throw It All Away is playing. Then as she runs to catch up to the ship, Don't Rain on My Parade plays. But Fran misses the ship and the cop asks her if she needs to get on it but she decides not to. It's a bittersweet moment but still funny at the end.

In Season 5's The Wedding there are several musical montages of different clips from the first 5 seasons, with Pick a Little Talk a Little, For Once In my Life, and The William Tell Overture. Then in season 6, with the newlywed couple stranded on the desert island, Strangers In the Night plays then That's the Story of Love, as Fran nurses a sick Max back to health. That's probably the only things I liked about the later years, the musical montages.

Hopefully with this dvd set, all the original songs will be in-tact.

One of the later ones, when she's pregnant. It is on YouTube. It's called Fran Fine and Lucy Ricardo or something. I only watched the show for all the celebs. Never thought it was that funny. Remember the great Steve and Edie cameo?

Thanks for that, i only watched it for the frequent Lucy references.

I only like the first 3 seasons (which I Have on dvd already) The later ones when Fran isn't really the "nanny" anymore aren't really my favorites. I mean there are pretty funny moments and episode gems here and there, most of which are in season 6 but I'm not wild about season 4 and 5, and the latter half of 6. I'll only get the complete series if there are new special features and commentaries and knowing Shout!, there should be plenty. There are only a couple interviews and commentaries on season 1. And on S3, they changed the music in every episode. In one, Fran and Val move into an apartment full of gay men and every time Fran opened the door, The Trolley Song would play but they replaced it with royalty free disco music. Then at the end when Max gives Fran a Judy Garland CD, it makes zero sense. One of my favorite moments of season 4, which is a pretty sad moment is when Fran almost elopes with Max's brother and as she's leaving, she leaves a card on his desk and the Beegees Don't Throw It All Away is playing. Then as she runs to catch up to the ship, Don't Rain on My Parade plays. But Fran misses the ship and the cop asks her if she needs to get on it but she decides not to. It's a bittersweet moment but still funny at the end.

In Season 5's The Wedding there are several musical montages of different clips from the first 5 seasons, with Pick a Little Talk a Little, For Once In my Life, and The William Tell Overture. Then in season 6, with the newlywed couple stranded on the desert island, Strangers In the Night plays then That's the Story of Love, as Fran nurses a sick Max back to health. That's probably the only things I liked about the later years, the musical montages.

Hopefully with this dvd set, all the original songs will be in-tact.

What did you do?  Memorize the whole series?  LOL!

Archived