Doc Severinsen to appear on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Shane91

AMAZING NEWS!  The great Doc Severinsen known of course as Johnny Carson's bandleader and sometime sidekick on The Tonight Show will appear on Jimmy Fallon, apparently sitting in with "The Roots"  during the upcoming week in Los Angeles.  This is by far the most wonderful news I have heard in a long time,  how about that!!!

AMAZING NEWS!  The great Doc Severinsen known of course as Johnny Carson's bandleader and sometime sidekick on The Tonight Show will appear on Jimmy Fallon, apparently sitting in with "The Roots"  during the upcoming week in Los Angeles.  This is by far the most wonderful news I have heard in a long time,  how about that!!!

Coolness! Wonder where they'll be taping since Johnny's old studio was at NBC and NBC ain't there anymore! :peachonthebeach:  Probably at NBC Universal....wonder if anyone's using Chelsea Handler's old soundstage?? Nahh nevermind....audience too small. Hmmmmmm.......Oh, duh! Most likely the one they built for Conan! :HALKING:

It sure doesn't get much more exciting than this huh?  Tell me when Tommy Newsom guests on the show too.

What do you mean NBC isn't there anymore? The NBC Studio on Olive in Burbank?

nope....live right by there and it's been gone for some time now. It's now The Burbank Studios.

NBC's move to Universal City
220px-The_Burbank_Studios_office_buildin

Administrative building in 2015

In October 2007, the network announced that it planned to move most of its operations from Burbank to a new complex across the street from Universal Studios in Universal City.[4] It would retain offices at the Burbank site until May, 2013, though the studio complex was sold to Catalina/Worthe Real Estate Group in 2008 with NBC-Universal leasing space until 2013. The former Technicolor building on the Universal lot serves as the new home to NBC's West Coast Operations.[5] KNBC 4 and NBC News, along with KVEA Telemundo 52, began broadcasting from Universal Studios on February 2, 2014.

In preparation for the move, The Ellen DeGeneres Show moved to the nearby Warner Bros. Studios in 2008, and when Conan O'Brien assumed hosting duties, The Tonight Show moved to an all-digital studio on the Universal Studios lot in 2009. The Jay Leno Show continued to broadcast from the NBC Burbank studios as Leno's Tonight Show had, though from Studio 11. From March 1, 2010 to February 6, 2014, the The Tonight Show taped at Studio 11.

The Tonight Show moved back to New York City in 2014 when Jimmy Fallon replaced the departing Leno, marking the end of a 42-year era in which the show had taped from Southern California.[6]

The Burbank facility was one of the few television-specific studio facilities in Hollywood that offered tours to the general public until they ceased July 6, 2012.[7]

On March 13, 2014, Lawrence O'Donnell announced that his MSNBC broadcast that night would be the last nationally televised show to be broadcast live from NBC's Burbank lot, as they were moving to Universal Studios.

nope....live right by there and it's been gone for some time now. It's now The Burbank Studios.

NBC's move to Universal City
220px-The_Burbank_Studios_office_buildin

Administrative building in 2015

In October 2007, the network announced that it planned to move most of its operations from Burbank to a new complex across the street from Universal Studios in Universal City.[4] It would retain offices at the Burbank site until May, 2013, though the studio complex was sold to Catalina/Worthe Real Estate Group in 2008 with NBC-Universal leasing space until 2013. The former Technicolor building on the Universal lot serves as the new home to NBC's West Coast Operations.[5] KNBC 4 and NBC News, along with KVEA Telemundo 52, began broadcasting from Universal Studios on February 2, 2014.

In preparation for the move, The Ellen DeGeneres Show moved to the nearby Warner Bros. Studios in 2008, and when Conan O'Brien assumed hosting duties, The Tonight Show moved to an all-digital studio on the Universal Studios lot in 2009. The Jay Leno Show continued to broadcast from the NBC Burbank studios as Leno's Tonight Show had, though from Studio 11. From March 1, 2010 to February 6, 2014, the The Tonight Show taped at Studio 11.

The Tonight Show moved back to New York City in 2014 when Jimmy Fallon replaced the departing Leno, marking the end of a 42-year era in which the show had taped from Southern California.[6]

The Burbank facility was one of the few television-specific studio facilities in Hollywood that offered tours to the general public until they ceased July 6, 2012.[7]

On March 13, 2014, Lawrence O'Donnell announced that his MSNBC broadcast that night would be the last nationally televised show to be broadcast live from NBC's Burbank lot, as they were moving to Universal Studios.

Thanks for the great history lesson, had no idea about any of that either, oh i had heard bits and pieces like when Ellen told us she was moving and when Conan took over the Tonight show for his short run and then Fallon moving the show to New York.  Where exactly is Universal? 

Thanks for the great history lesson, had no idea about any of that either, oh i had heard bits and pieces like when Ellen told us she was moving and when Conan took over the Tonight show for his short run and then Fallon moving the show to New York.  Where exactly is Universal? 

Sort of between Burbank and Studio City, right off the 101 Freeway.  Considering how big and "spread out" LA is, these 3 studio "towns" are all relatively close -- within approx 5 miles, give or take -- to each other! :peachonthebeach:

Hey, was just teasing you, lighten up yourself, LOL!  Had no idea the great Tommy Newsom had passed on, sorry.

Let's just be grateful Doc is still with us, and we will be able to see him play with "The Roots"

Sort of between Burbank and Studio City, right off the 101 Freeway.  Considering how big and "spread out" LA is, these 3 studio "towns" are all relatively close -- within approx 5 miles, give or take -- to each other! :peachonthebeach:

Well, some are easier than others.  Like we here know Desilu was next to Paramount and is now part of that studio.  General Service Studios, where I Love Lucy started is a couple of blocks away and is now called RED.  Desilu's Culver City studio is now Sony and the backlot where Andy Griffith was filmed, called Forty Acres is no more.  I have no idea where Disney or Universal are although you say they're close by.  I know Twentieth Century Fox was near Sunset and part of it is now Century City, not far from Lucy's home, right?  And Columbia, now Sony is only at that Culver City space or do they have something bigger elsewhere?  Where was Screen Gems?  The Chaplin studios, United Artists?

Disney is not very far from the old NBC. It is also in Burbank on Buena Vista. Sort of down the street and around the corner from the old NBC.

Warner Brothers is on the same street from the old NBC, just up from it. In all those 3 places are only about 5 mins between them. There is another section to Warner Brothers called The Ranch but I was never on it and I’m not actually sure where it is. I only worked on the main lot.

CBS Television City is on Fairfax directly next door to the famous Farmer’s Market.

The other CBS soundstage facility is out in Studio City which is as you drive out into the valley. From where I lived right near WB I think it took me about 20 mins to get out to it.

Fox is on Pico in Century City. Century City was essentially built on Fox’s old backlot. From Burbank it took me about an hour to get there. It’s not far off Santa Monica Blvd.

Disney is not very far from the old NBC. It is also in Burbank on Buena Vista. Sort of down the street and around the corner from the old NBC.

Warner Brothers is on the same street from the old NBC, just up from it. In all those 3 places are only about 5 mins between them. There is another section to Warner Brothers called The Ranch but I was never on it and I’m not actually sure where it is. I only worked on the main lot.

CBS Television City is on Fairfax directly next door to the famous Farmer’s Market.

The other CBS soundstage facility is out in Studio City which is as you drive out into the valley. From where I lived right near WB I think it took me about 20 mins to get out to it.

Fox is on Pico in Century City. Century City was essentially built on Fox’s old backlot. From Burbank it took me about an hour to get there. It’s not far off Santa Monica Blvd.

Thanks for all that luv, you worked THERE how long?

Disney Studios is actually sort of "divided" with the old Disney lot on one side of Riverside on Buena Vista and ABC Studios on the other (John Ritter's last sitcom 8 Simple Rules and Reba's short-lived Malibu Country were shot there).

The Ranch is in Burbank too on Hollywood Way: It's famous "Blondie Street" -- still used extensively today mostly for exteriors for the familiar "homes" (facades) for shows like The Middle (ABC); The Mentalist (CBS) -- is where you can find the very recognizable houses of the classic sitcom characters in Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, The Partridge Family, Hazel, Donna Reed, Gidget, Dennis the Menace and Father Knows Best, to name but a few; The Waltons Virginia ranch house is also on The Ranch's backlot.

The fountain the Friends cast romped in (opening credits) is at The Ranch too.

You lived near WB?? Gee we were practically neighbors! You didn't happen to reside here did you?? :lucyhorror:

10854923_10100307026378556_4283157530700

Archived