That Face

Luvsbway

I've been noticing this in pictures lately.  Lucy has a distinctive "sexy face".  The look is a combination of slightly parted lips and intense eyes.  These elements she does in other pictures but when combined they are truly alluring.

Sexy Face examples.

4457.JPG

d04.jpg

eyes2.jpg

l513.jpg

necj.jpg

4447.jpg

47171.jpg

Thanks. It’s something I’ve been picking up on recently. There is another thing she does in relation to this but you can’t really capture it in a picture. I notice it in certain movies. Saw it the other night while watching Two Smart People. It’s in the first scene she’s in. It’s always done while staring intently at another actor. It’s almost like she pushes her tongue against the back of the front of her top row of teeth. It’s very subtle but somehow adds to that intense look. This is usually coupled with what I call her “breathy voice”. It’s low and soft and doesn’t have too much range in it. It’s most noticeable in movies in the 40s as by this time I think she had a better grip on the range in her voice and could get this low breathy sound and also hit the higher register when doing comedy.

I thought that maybe she lost the ability to use the breathy voice as the voice dropped through the 60s but I notice it in Yours, Mine and Ours. When her and Frank are in the closet at the new house talking about the wedding night she uses it. Just listen to her talk about the champagne. Then in a moment later she brings her voice back up again to ask about the doctor.

Thanks. It’s something I’ve been picking up on recently. There is another thing she does in relation to this but you can’t really capture it in a picture. I notice it in certain movies. Saw it the other night while watching Two Smart People. It’s in the first scene she’s in. It’s always done while staring intently at another actor. It’s almost like she pushes her tongue against the back of the front of her top row of teeth. It’s very subtle but somehow adds to that intense look. This is usually coupled with what I call her “breathy voice”. It’s low and soft and doesn’t have too much range in it. It’s most noticeable in movies in the 40s as by this time I think she had a better grip on the range in her voice and could get this low breathy sound and also hit the higher register when doing comedy.

I thought that maybe she lost the ability to use the breathy voice as the voice dropped through the 60s but I notice it in Yours, Mine and Ours. When her and Frank are in the closet at the new house talking about the wedding night she uses it. Just listen to her talk about the champagne. Then in a moment later she brings her voice back up again to ask about the doctor.

Oh yes, she not only LOOKED incredibly sexy in Yours mine and whozitz but also had the perfect voice, all sexy and sweet.  Not bad for a woman of almost sixty playing one about to give birth.

Archived