Vote Fore LUCY: Home Media Awards

tjw

I LOVE LUCY: ULTIMATE SEASON ONE Blu-ray release has been nominated for the 2014-15 HOME MEDIA AWARDS...

Would appreciate your voting for the release!

http://www.homemediamagazine.com/awards-vote

Many thanks...

tjw

All right, i voted for Lucy and named her the best of in two other spaces.  But some of these are pretty obscure, voted for some as i had no idea what they were.

"The Lucy Show: Season One" won one of  these five years or so ago... Plus Gregg's original DVD releases of a couple of "I Love Lucy" seasons won -- but that was back in the day when DVDs were all new and wonderful and everyone was clamoring for them.  I'm afraid the home video business has plateau'd, and not everyone is even still interested... Younger viewers seem to be transitioning into on-line viewing, streaming, etc. Younger people do not seem to want to own physical items anymore, be they video discs, music discs, books or anything... Which I do not understand AT ALL.  I like having information and yes, videos and music, AVAILABLE on the internet for instant access, but I do not want that to replace having those things  also available as tangible items...

Oops! I think I have strayed way off topic! Sorry... Thanks to any and all who have voted for the I LOVE LUCY Blu-rays...

• Like 1

"The Lucy Show: Season One" won one of  these five years or so ago... Plus Gregg's original DVD releases of a couple of "I Love Lucy" seasons won -- but that was back in the day when DVDs were all new and wonderful and everyone was clamoring for them.  I'm afraid the home video business has plateau'd, and not everyone is even still interested... Younger viewers seem to be transitioning into on-line viewing, streaming, etc. Younger people do not seem to want to own physical items anymore, be they video discs, music discs, books or anything... Which I do not understand AT ALL.  I like having information and yes, videos and music, AVAILABLE on the internet for instant access, but I do not want that to replace having those things  also available as tangible items...

Oops! I think I have strayed way off topic! Sorry... Thanks to any and all who have voted for the I LOVE LUCY Blu-rays...

No you haven't, you have just confirmed and put into words the situation that is happening out there.  Lots of factors are playing into this, dvds at WalMart for under five dollars means my collection of thousands of dvds is worth less and less as it ages, so i am weeding out the bad ones, giving them to friends, lending them out whereas before i would have worried about them ruining my collection, now, i just don't care anymore.  Let's face it, how many GREAT movies are made each year and how many old shows are there that we don't already own?  I resent paying almost twenty dollars for Birdman or Gone Girl knowing that they will be in the cheap bin in a couple of years.  5 movies for 100 bucks is still too steep and when i see them on the movie channels, i see that i should NOT have forked over any money for the drek that Hollywood now produces.   Now i'm finding Blu Rays for five dollars and i just keep buying the same titles i bought in Beta, then VHS and after that DVD and now Blu Ray.  Hollywood milks the great titles as much as CBS milks the I Love Lucy cash cow it seems.  It still bothers me to see Ordinary People or Shawshank Redemption going for five bucks, now Adam Sandler movies for that price would make sense but owning only the classics or only our all time favorites seem to be the only way to go nowadays.

Nothing will ever replace having Lucy on physical media like DVD and Blu-ray. I like the fact that I have Lucy's shows ready to watch at any time. Internet streaming is nice but I still want to have physical copies of Lucy shows. I am looking forward to the second season I Love Lucy Blu-ray set. :D

Yup, we all are.  I have to say that after watching the Blu Ray since last night, i am just overwhelmed by everything that is included, talk about COMPLETE and extremely well done Mr W.

Nothing will ever replace having Lucy on physical media like DVD and Blu-ray. I like the fact that I have Lucy's shows ready to watch at any time. Internet streaming is nice but I still want to have physical copies of Lucy shows. I am looking forward to the second season I Love Lucy Blu-ray set. :D

I find that your avatar pic always makes me think Lucy looks like her friend Judy Garland there.

Me too! And despite the fact that the "younger generation" is becoming less likely to buy physical media and is moving toward streaming, etc. there MUST still be a market for it because all you have to do is check certain sites like TVSHOWSONDVD.COM, Amazon.com, Blu-Ray.com etc. etc. to see that hundreds of titles are still being developed, produced and released ad infinitum.  In fact, I was persusing an electronics-centered magazine at the library the other day which had an interesting article on upcoming "new and improved" technologies, including not only the increasing number of models/brands of "Ultra K" (I think that's what they're going to be known as) HiDef televisions but that "Ultra" (or whatever) will be the next, even "better" (per their way of thinking) version of the current version of Blu-Ray so....seemingly, it NEVER ENDS!!!

But I swear to god ILL on Blu is THE last time I'm buying it in "tangible" form, period.  Seriously! 

Quit laughing CBS honchos, you sons-of-bitches! :HALKING:

• 1 month later...

According to news posted today on www.TVShowsonDVD.com  I LOVE LUCY: ULTIMATE SEASON ONE set of Blu-rays has won a special "Judges Award" as part of this year's Home Media Awards.  (BATMAN '66: THE COMPLETE TELEVISION SERIES, as predicted, was the big winner...)

But it is certainly an honor for I LOVE LUCY: ULTIMATE SEASON ONE to be given the Judges' Award... I know that all of us associated with the set are both grateful and honored...

Tjw

• Like 2

According to news posted today on www.TVShowsonDVD.com  I LOVE LUCY: ULTIMATE SEASON ONE set of Blu-rays has won a special "Judges Award" as part of this year's Home Media Awards.  (BATMAN '66: THE COMPLETE TELEVISION SERIES, as predicted, was the big winner...)

But it is certainly an honor for I LOVE LUCY: ULTIMATE SEASON ONE to be given the Judges' Award... I know that all of us associated with the set are both grateful and honored...

Tjw

Congratulations! You and everyone involved with these wonderful collections deserves it!

Tjw

Congrats Tom to you and your team (Rick, Jonathan, etc. etc.) for this well-deserved honor! Let's hope it helps bring even more of a high profile & visibility to the first stellar "Ultimate" Blu release and (hopefully!) the next five going forward!!! :peachonthebeach:

Congratulations! You and everyone involved with these wonderful collections deserves it!

What Bud said! :lucythrill:

• 3 weeks later...

Tjw

That's great, never did find the reason for Batman's tv success though.