Lucy Writes a Play

I know this is commonly considered to be one of the weaker season 1 episodes, but I quite enjoy it. I think part of it has to do with Lucy, Ethel and Fred joining forces without Ricky. I've always found that an intriguing combination. It's probably one reason I enjoy "Ricky Asks For a Raise" so much.

Perhaps the final sequence could've been executed a bit more smoothly, but I find it one of the underrated comedy bits. I love their phoney accents and how excited they are to be acting together.

• Like 1

I know this is commonly considered to be one of the weaker season 1 episodes, but I quite enjoy it. I think part of it has to do with Lucy, Ethel and Fred joining forces without Ricky. I've always found that an intriguing combination. It's probably one reason I enjoy "Ricky Asks For a Raise" so much.

Perhaps the final sequence could've been executed a bit more smoothly, but I find it one of the underrated comedy bits. I love their phoney accents and how excited they are to be acting together.

All i can say is W O W !  Maybe you should be a defense lawyer, finding so many great points in a, as you say, weak episode.  Just saw it yesterday and hated it but after reading that i'm tempted to see it again, won't actually do it but am really tempted, LOL!

I've always loved this one! It was one of the episodes I had recorded off TVLand back in the day, so I would watch it all the time. One part that always makes me laugh is the fact that the walls just have paint on them and Viv and Lucy have to pretend like there is a three dimensional chair, fireplace mantle, what have you. I also love when they're doing the read through with Ricky and Ethel's unfortunate literary skills and Lucy's bad typing.

:viv1: My bean lookita.

:viv1: Your nose is continued on the next page.

:viv1: That's nice????

:viv1: I think you go there to meet your liver.

:desi1: Are you having trouble with your lover?

Those just kills me.  :D

• Like 1

I've always liked this episode, even though it's among those 1st season wilder ones while they were finding their best formula.  One small moment: The one-arched eyebrow look Lucy gives to the audience member who heckles "I think it stinks" after Lucy does her British "Good show!". 

• Like 1

I've always liked this episode, even though it's among those 1st season wilder ones while they were finding their best formula.  One small moment: The one-arched eyebrow look Lucy gives to the audience member who heckles "I think it stinks" after Lucy does her British "Good show!". 

Same audience member who yelled out her line in Mame?