Someone's in the kitchen with Paula

I love how she has that chrome ornament thing in the back that says HOT

Well, she was a famous decorator, so she would have something like that.  She was the one who decorated the New York apartment for Lucy, and got it into Architectural Digest.  Only wish she had gotten to decorate the Roxbury mansion before Lucy died.

Well, she was a famous decorator, so she would have something like that.  She was the one who decorated the New York apartment for Lucy, and got it into Architectural Digest.  Only wish she had gotten to decorate the Roxbury mansion before Lucy died.

I thought I remember reading somewhere (Lee's book?) she in fact had redone the living room or part of Roxbury and that LB HATED it!!! Even made her put things back the way they were before!! Or am I just imaging this?? :vanda:

Paula didn't have anything to do with this but Gary redid part of the Palm Springs house and Lucy flipped out when she saw it.  Made him put it back the way it was.

I think I remember that. Was it the time where she asked to have it redone, and when she saw the result she was horrified because she'd just wanted all the old stuff replaced with the same model and everything?

I think I remember that. Was it the time where she asked to have it redone, and when she saw the result she was horrified because she'd just wanted all the old stuff replaced with the same model and everything?

I think the story for PS goes Gary wanted to redo the kitchen and eventually wore down Lucy to give him a yes. The details she was not in on and when she saw the bad final result Gary made a beeline back to BH. I don't think she spoke to him for days.

The I just wanted everything the same but new was a personality trait that I have read about in regards to all 3 major houses.

No, it was while she was away, some sort of flooding or something like that damaged the place so putzo decided to redo everything without consulting the one that signed the cheques, so she had everything redone exactly the way it used to look like before, this was in Palm Springs.

I think the story for PS goes Gary wanted to redo the kitchen and eventually wore down Lucy to give him a yes. The details she was not in on and when she saw the bad final result Gary made a beeline back to BH. I don't think she spoke to him for days.

The I just wanted everything the same but new was a personality trait that I have read about in regards to all 3 major houses.

Yeah, Lucy did suffer from that, terminal sameness.  No wonder she was bored all the time.  Not a day goes by that i don't change something somewhere in the apartment.  Keeps me busy, keeps the place clean and i can't stand the monotony of things always being the same.