HERE'S LUCY ('s friends)

If they tried to continue Burns and Allen without Gracie ("George Burns Show") and Mash's supporting players returning in AfterMash, Lucille Ball Productions decides to continue  Here's Lucy without Lucy and call it

"HERE'S LUCY's Friends"

which is grammatically wrong.  Should be "Here're Lucy's Friends" but CBS is hoping to lure HL's loyal fans.

CBS promises surprise guest shots and cameos by Miss Ball herself.

Gale Gordon, mary Jane Croft, Vanda Barra, Sid Gould and Mary Wickes as Isabelle pick up where Here's Lucy left off.

After "Miss Ball"'s musical film is turned into a TV series, she hires Lucy Carter away from Harry to be her stand-in, vocal coach and take over Mai Oui promotions in the suburbs.  Harry is forced to hire the only applicant for the Unique Employment's open secretarial position, Mary Jane Lewis. Mary Jane's home life is hectic because she  is in charge of two bratty children, her niece and nephew orphaned by a freak accident.  (when the parents hired Lucy Carter Home Repair for a remodel, both were standing under the chandelier when Lucy pulls on some wires behind the wall).  Vanda gets a job at Mammouth Studios and continues her romance with Sam, her pushy competition for Sam's attentions being Isabelle Wickenhauser.

Have we done this before?  Seems a natural.  Anyone want to take a stab at it?

• Like 1

If they tried to continue Burns and Allen without Gracie ("George Burns Show") and Mash's supporting players returning in AfterMash, Lucille Ball Productions decides to continue  Here's Lucy without Lucy and call it

"HERE'S LUCY's Friends"

which is grammatically wrong.  Should be "Here're Lucy's Friends" but CBS is hoping to lure HL's loyal fans.

CBS promises surprise guest shots and cameos by Miss Ball herself.

Gale Gordon, mary Jane Croft, Vanda Barra, Sid Gould and Mary Wickes as Isabelle pick up where Here's Lucy left off.

After "Miss Ball"'s musical film is turned into a TV series, she hires Lucy Carter away from Harry to be her stand-in, vocal coach and take over Mai Oui promotions in the suburbs.  Harry is forced to hire the only applicant for the Unique Employment's open secretarial position, Mary Jane Lewis. Mary Jane's home life is hectic because she  is in charge of two bratty children, her niece and nephew orphaned by a freak accident.  (when the parents hired Lucy Carter Home Repair for a remodel, both were standing under the chandelier when Lucy pulls on some wires behind the wall).  Vanda gets a job at Mammouth Studios and continues her romance with Sam, her pushy competition for Sam's attentions being Isabelle Wickenhauser.

Have we done this before?  Seems a natural.  Anyone want to take a stab at it?

I'd say that's got UNSOLD PILOT written all over it.  LOL!

She's in her Marina apartment with Uncle Herb waiting for the cameras.

Ironing her hair, probably.

Waiting for the call from CBS to replace Cher in the Sonny and Cher show?

Installing extra locks to keep her mom out of her apartment?

Each one of these is totally perfect and plausible. I could see a home invasion movie starring Lucie where the bad guy just turned out to be her meddling mother. The sequel would feature Eve Arden and Kaye Ballard to add to the intrusion factor.

Might as well start with a remake of the HL pilot

"Mod Mod Mary Jane"

An important client wants Harry to book a swingin' act for his daughter's 16th birthday and Mary Jane talks him into hiring the trio her niece and nephew, who with a friend have formed a trio: Gino, Muzzy and Willy.   On the day of the show,  the three of them go surfing with Mahalia Jackson and all come down with laryngitis.  Rather than forgo the $100 fee, Mary enlists the help of Vanda and Sam to recreate the act they perfected at the Hairy Ape.

Songs: 

"Fever"--Vanda   ("FEVER! from your water; Fever when your bowl's too hot")

"Mooney River"--Mary Jane

"Bad, Bad RG Brown"----Sam

"Three Little Maids in School are We" Mary Jane, Vanda, and Sam (in drag)

Another masterpiece from the brilliant mind of Neil! Well done, sir!

Who will be playing these two bratty children? The thought of Lucy Carter accidentally orphaning them is probably funnier to me than it should be.

Might I suggest regular appearances from Carol Burnett as Harry's nymphomaniac morning secretary, Carol Krausmeyer, with Mary Jane as the dingy afternoon equivalent?

I thought the Here's Lucy sequel premise had been done before.  And brilliantly.  Re:  the "Mary Jane and Vanda" series outline you did in January of 2013 that Brock revived as a Vanda memorial.  My next episode was going to be

"Let the Punishment Fit the Crime" where Mary jane and Vanda leave the theater in a rundown LA neighborhood where "The Girl Friday Follies" played.  Dressed in their "Crime and Punishment" flapper outfits, they tangle with 3 "mature" ladies of the evening (Iris Adrian, Joyce Jameson and Florence Halop) who accuse them of trying to muscle in on their corner.  This results in the arrest of all of the woman plus Harry, mistaken for loud-dressing notorious pimp "Cuddles Carter".   When they finally land in the pokey, the matron would be played AS ALWAYS by Jody Gilbert.

This being the 60s-70s, there were only two:

Billy Mumy and Pamelyn "her and her sickening sweetness" Ferdin.

Bill Mumy and Ronnie Howard (as Opie, not Richie on Happy Days) were the two greatest boy actors of their generation.

Ferdin on the other hand made me (to borrow Irma's alleged reaction to Sid Gould) bilious, yet she appeared in everything.

Who will be playing these two bratty children?

I thought the Here's Lucy sequel premise had been done before.  And brilliantly.  Re:  the "Mary Jane and Vanda" series outline you did in January of 2013 that Brock revived as a Vanda memorial.  My next episode was going to be

"Let the Punishment Fit the Crime" where Mary jane and Vanda leave the theater in a rundown LA neighborhood where "The Girl Friday Follies" played.  Dressed in their "Crime and Punishment" flapper outfits, they tangle with 3 "mature" ladies of the evening (Iris Adrian, Joyce Jameson and Florence Halop) who accuse them of trying to muscle in on their corner.  This results in the arrest of all of the woman plus Harry, mistaken for loud-dressing notorious pimp "Cuddles Carter".   When they finally land in the pokey, the matron would be played AS ALWAYS by Jody Gilbert.

I can picture every minute of it. Oh, to have a time machine.