Lucy's Night in Town

Does anyone really like that episode? How none of them can really enjoy the show? I thought it was funny how during Don't Cry, the usher came in the box seat and made Lucy and Ethel leave, unbeknownst to Ricky and Fred. And then how Lucy knocked Ethel's purse off the balcony and Ethel didn't even realize. lol. Then Lucy getting the orange-ade and going into the wrong box seat, dancing to Big D, absentmindedly handing over the drink to the man. lol

I was watching it on TV Land this morning and could not believe how fast it was sped up. And HD my tuchus!

Funny Ricky quote: "Swallow it now, chew it later!"

I think the Flintstones was loosely based off I Love Lucy, but instead of Wilma and Betty being the schemers, it was Fred and Barney, while the wives usually scolded them. XD

This episode has always been one of my favorites because it combines my 2 obsessions, Lucy and Broadway. Some historical Bway trivia in this episode is the showing starting at 8:30 which was eventually moved to the standard start time of 8pm. You also get to hear the real cast recording of these songs and I bet many non Bway fans know The Most Happy Fellow because of this episode.

The fact that this is taking place at the Imperial (we see the real theatre marque, but the lobby is not the same as the real theatre) is my other coolness factor. Not only are there many Lucy connections to that theatre but I have personal ones too. I’ve been to that theatre more than any, I’ve either sat in or around the original seats both couples had in row F, I’ve been on stage and backstage there, and most important I got engaged there.

The dinner scene is great and love Lucy pealing her lima beans. Ever since this I always fear dropping anything over a balcony railing and make sure to stow my purse far away from the edge.

Does anyone really like that episode? How none of them can really enjoy the show? I thought it was funny how during Don't Cry, the usher came in the box seat and made Lucy and Ethel leave, unbeknownst to Ricky and Fred. And then how Lucy knocked Ethel's purse off the balcony and Ethel didn't even realize. lol. Then Lucy getting the orange-ade and going into the wrong box seat, dancing to Big D, absentmindedly handing over the drink to the man. lol

I was watching it on TV Land this morning and could not believe how fast it was sped up. And HD my tuchus!

Funny Ricky quote: "Swallow it now, chew it later!"

I think the Flintstones was loosely based off I Love Lucy, but instead of Wilma and Betty being the schemers, it was Fred and Barney, while the wives usually scolded them. XD

Actually The Honeymooners is the show that The Flintstones is always credited with for it's (ahem) "inspiration"! :peachonthebeach:

I LOVE this episode... I LOVE going to the theatre .. and seeing live  performances... one of my favorite "Lucy" bits... Don't get panicky Ethel...  Ethel don't get panicky....   Ethel... PANIC!!  And yes the dinner scene is good.. Fred "Are they following me?" and Ricky "Swallow it now and chew it later" .. and Lucy "I did.. didn't you recognize my voice?"..   I do like when the "OH Wrong Honey" moment happens.. Lucy seems to be enjoying the show so much!  I love those theatre doors... Every theatre I have been in (and I have worked in many) always had wooden or metal doors.. so it is neat to see padded or the look of padded theatre doors.. either way.. I think they are cool :)  When I was in a men's singing group in high school.. we sang Standing On the Corner.. four part harmony... I sang first tenor (then)...  so I thought it neat to see it featured on a show I loved!