Lucy's Italian Movie

What are your favorite moments from this episode? I think Lucy looked beautiful as an "Italian" citizen, trying to soak up local color (and later she did, literally!). How many redheads are Italian? I love her face when she mocks Teresa just before Teresa comes at her. The lady laughing in the background is epic. God could you imagine Ethel being there too? Or RICKY? Do they know that's what she did? I bet Ricky would've jumped in the vat to rescue Lucy. lol.

This episode is one of the reasons why I am in awe of Miss Ball's talent and comedic timing. She wasn't that funny in real life but she spent countless hours trying to make her fans laugh, and boy was she successful!

My aunt, younger cousin, uncle and aunt's friend are just getting ready to leave Italy now, well they're flying to Norway tomorrow afternoon to have a layover to get back to Orlando FL (where my aunt lives). They went to Rome, then Florence and then Venice, which my aunt also called Tuscany. (???) They had 2 Lucy moments--they missed their train from Venice back to Rome, and had to buy more tickets. Then my uncle was freaking out trying to find his suitcase on another train and they had to get off. They ended up having to get back on the train and go to another stop.

When I was little a lot of phrases from this one stuck in my head because I didn't know what they meant. Things like the "masher" on the train, "the calla lilies are in bloom again", and the "censored" text at the very end. Not to mention very funny Real Life Lucy moments courtesy of Aunt Chester.

I also bought Sardines a few weeks ago as I suddenly had a random craving, and thought of the 4 comparing the Italian train to a can of sardines. Anyone notice how when the 3 of them say "HAS SHE EVER CONSIDERED ACTING?" the actor who plays Vittorio mouths the line? Yes I would've liked to see my aunt and cousin and uncle have their Lucy moment in Venice. lol. I'm sure we've ALL had Lucy moments. I was trying to see what she was mouthing that was censored. Maybe it was an Italian curse like Sophia Petrillo. haha

My favorite part is her first entrance into the vat.. the look of disbelief and disgust at what she is stepping on... and how WE as the audience feel the squishy, slimy grapes.  Her first attempts at walking around the vat are very well executed.  Every movement and stammer tells us how she wasn't expecting the stomping to be as uncomfortable as it was turning into.. BUT ANYTHING to get experience for her debut in an Italian Movie!!!  HOW EARTHEY!!