Lucy's 1980's (and 1970's?) Fan Club

Lucyilove

Are any of the members here former members of Lucy's 1980's fan club?  Apparently they published fan club journals on a regular basis (several of them are pictured in that For the Lucy collecting book).  Any info on how long this club lasted or this history of the club, are any of the journals or stories online anywhere? 

Fan club President and founding member Tom Watson is a member of the lounge. Maybe he can give us a short story on how it was started and it's history.

You also might find a lot of answers at Tom's "Lucy" tribute website, which was a "spinoff" of his WUNDAFUL "Star Notes" fan publications for the fan club.  Sadly, he hasn't updated it in eons however it seems to remain intact so serves as a great reference for articles, news (although much of it now history!) and some great photos. 

The main page is: http://lucyfan.com/ and while there are several links worth checking out, I'd start poking around here: http://lucyfan.com/allaboutlucy.html

Have fun! :peachonthebeach:

In the 70s someone with a name like Dom Deluccio.  Might not have the spelling right but do remember on the back page was "Copyright DELU Productions".  I might have one around that I can post.  His heart was in the right place but he didn't have the writing flair of tjw.   This was the stone age of printing and for pictures, he would go to the trouble of having individual prints made and pasted them into each newsletter.  I remember he visited the set of "Catherine Curtis".  I wonder whatever happened to him.

In the 70s someone with a name like Dom Deluccio.  Might not have the spelling right but do remember on the back page was "Copyright DELU Productions".  I might have one around that I can post.  His heart was in the right place but he didn't have the writing flair of tjw.   This was the stone age of printing and for pictures, he would go to the trouble of having individual prints made and pasted them into each newsletter.  I remember he visited the set of "Catherine Curtis".  I wonder whatever happened to him.

Sex change, look for him under the name Dolores.  I wonder about a lot of the old posters, and what about all the Lucy fans in Jamestown who never come to any site.

I was a member of Tom's We Love Lucy club since its inception and have all the various incarnations of the journals, magazines and newsletters that he put out. It was always agonizing waiting for the next issue as through the years they were never published on a regular basis and changed formats and sizes through the years.  Since it probably dates from the late 70s/early 80s, maybe its all worth a collector's fortune now and can fund my retirement if I sell it?

In those days there was nothing Lucy in the way of memorabilia. I remember one of the treasured moments was when the club offered a t shirt with a drawing of Lucy on it that one of the members put together! (I think it was Ric Carl?).   In those pre-internet days it wasn't easy to find Lucy fans or find memorabilia. I think someone put a blurb in one of the newsletters back then about stuff for sale and that's how I bought a Long Long Trailer lobby card which is still in my office frame. I didn't even know what a lobby card was back then, but since it was Lucy related, I had to have it!

If I wasn't so lazy I could probably scan some of the stuff for you and present on here. Lots of very interesting material I've never seen anywhere else and it's all very innocent and very much fan based....not the huge marketing machine that Lucy and her image is today. :lucyeww:

Sex change, look for him under the name Dolores.  I wonder about a lot of the old posters, and what about all the Lucy fans in Jamestown who never come to any site.

In his final newsletter, Don/Dom wrote an essay about, what I perceived was, the lack of full cooperation from Lucy and her people.  I don't know how they were treating him and what he expected.  But when he traveled from NYC, they DID let him on the Catherine Curtis set.  The one line of this essay I remember is "Maybe I should vow to be more of a BITCH in Seventy-SIX---which I think was supposed to rhyme.  Obviously written at the end of 1975.

In his final newsletter, Don/Dom wrote an essay about, what I perceived was, the lack of full cooperation from Lucy and her people.  I don't know how they were treating him and what he expected.  But when he traveled from NYC, they DID let him on the Catherine Curtis set.  The one line of this essay I remember is "Maybe I should vow to be more of a BITCH in Seventy-SIX---which I think was supposed to rhyme.  Obviously written at the end of 1975.

Interesting, never heard of him before, thanks for the info.