Sir Christopher Lee and Ron Moody die

Brock

Two very sad deaths from the acting world were announced today -- the legendary horror superstar Sir Christopher Lee, who worked right up until the end, has died at 93, (NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! :( ) meanwhile Academy Award nominee Ron Moody (Oliver!) was 91.

Two very sad deaths from the acting world were announced today -- the legendary horror superstar Sir Christopher Lee, who worked right up until the end, has died at 93, (NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! :( ) meanwhile Academy Award nominee Ron Moody (Oliver!) was 91.

I know, read that this morning, what a terrible twofer.

I saw the news about Christopher Lee right after it broke. I went to IMDb and saw that Ron Moody had died, so part of me thought maybe someone had gotten the names mixed up because I've always assumed Sir Christopher was immortal. When it hit me that they both were gone I just felt sick. Next to Donna Douglas, Lee is probably the saddest death this year for me.

Of all the Twitter obituaries I saw, the one that struck me the most was a reference to his work in The Wicker Man, which becomes very poignant if you've seen the movie:

"And on Christopher's grave will grow a tree."