Time Facts That Will Floor You

Neil

....or at least make you feel old.

The premiere episode of I Love Lucy is now as old as Bill Frawley was when the episode first aired.

The Battle of Argonne during WWI mentioned in "Quiz Show" would now be 1982.

Fred's sweatshirt would now read "Golden Gloves 1971"

The "Pioneer Women" bet would now preclude using anything invented after 1964.

"Passports" Lucy Ricardo would now be born in the year 1981 (making her 5 when a little thing called "Life with Lucy" debuted)

Helen Kaiser, if she is to be believed, was born in 1986 (so how does Helen remember "LWL"???)

"Chris's New Years Eve Party" is now longer ago than the very first Chaplin short was when the episode aired.

Man landing on the moon for the first time is now longer ago than Lindburgh's flight across the Atlantic was when the Eagle landed.

The year depicted in the flashback scene in "Lucy Takes a Cruise to Havana" would now be 1998.

The year the story of Wildcat unfolded would now be 1967.

"The Good Years" (1900 to 1914) would now be 1953 to 1967.

"Mame" is now as old as "King Kong" was when "Mame" premiered.

In relation to how old "Yours Mine and Ours" is now, a movie that old when YMO actually came out might have been attended by 9-year-old Lucille Ball.

.....and the world keeps a-goin' round!!

• Like 5

If Lucy died today then LWL would have premiered in 2012! That also means that the first episode of ILL made its debut in 1978, TLS in 1985, and HL in 1991.

That would mean the Lucy Landscape progressed from the time of shows like Dallas and Three's Company all the way to Friends, Seinfeld, and Frasier.

If Lucy died today then LWL would have premiered in 2012! That also means that the first episode of ILL made its debut in 1978, TLS in 1985, and HL in 1991.

That would mean the Lucy Landscape progressed from the time of shows like Dallas and Three's Company all the way to Friends, Seinfeld, and Frasier.

If Lucy died today at 77 (approaching 78), ILL would have premiered in 1977 (38 years earlier), running until 1983; TLDCH from 1983-1986; TLS 1988-1994; HL from 1994-2000; LWL in 2012.

If Lucy died today at 77 (approaching 78), ILL would have premiered in 1977 (38 years earlier), running until 1983; TLDCH from 1983-1986; TLS 1988-1994; HL from 1994-2000; LWL in 2012.

Oops! I posted that one pretty late at night, not to mention forgetting the one year time gap between LDCH and TLS. Thanks for the correction!

Oops! I posted that one pretty late at night, not to mention forgetting the one year time gap between LDCH and TLS. Thanks for the correction!

Stepping back a bit further, My Favorite Husband would have premiered on CBS in 1974; Too Many Girls and Dance, Girl, Dance would have hit movie theaters in 1966; Stage Door in 1963; Lucy in Three Little Pigskins with the Three Stooges in 1960; and Lucy would have arrived in Hollywood in 1959.

Stepping back a bit further, My Favorite Husband would have premiered on CBS in 1974; Too Many Girls and Dance, Girl, Dance would have hit movie theaters in 1966; Stage Door in 1963; Lucy in Three Little Pigskins with the Three Stooges in 1960; and Lucy would have arrived in Hollywood in 1959.

If Lucy died this year, she would have been born in 1937, the same year as Jane Fonda, Jack Nickolson, Linda Lavin, Warren Beatty, Claude Courval, Marlo Thomas, Vanessa Redgrave, Dustin Hoffman and Max Baer Jr. --all of which seem so much younger, especially that Courval guy.

• Like 1

If Lucy died this year, she would have been born in 1937, the same year as Jane Fonda, Jack Nickolson, Linda Lavin, Warren Beatty, Claude Courval, Marlo Thomas, Vanessa Redgrave, Dustin Hoffman and Max Baer Jr. --all of which seem so much younger, especially that Courval guy.

How dare you- Claude is ageless and eternal.

"Mame" wrapped up its filming this month in 1973.

If it was this year, "too-old-for the-role" Lucy would have been born in 1953, the same year as Desi Jr..  Lucy would be 2 years younger than Lucie Arnaz is now and I certainly don't consider Ms. Luckinbill too old to take on "Mame".

There's been a rumor that Barbra Streisand wants to do "Gypsy" on the big screen.  If Babs was as old as she is now when the original Roz Russel movie was released, Babs would have been born in 1889!!

(Babs was born in 1942 and is 73 years old.  Someone 73 in 1962 would be born in 1889)