Cozi Substituting Episodes

Has anyone else noticed that certain episodes of Here's Lucy are not airing on Cozi?  Rather than simply skip over them, they substitute them with another earlier episode.  For example, I think it's the Donny Osmond episode that keeps getting substituted with that episode about the sheep dog puppies and Jack LaLanne ("Bogie Affair").  And a S6 episode (O.J. Simpson?) keeps getting substituted with "Lucy, the American Mother."  So "Bogie Affair" and "American Mother" wind up being played twice as often as the rest.

Has anyone else noticed that certain episodes of Here's Lucy are not airing on Cozi?  Rather than simply skip over them, they substitute them with another earlier episode.  For example, I think it's the Donny Osmond episode that keeps getting substituted with that episode about the sheep dog puppies and Jack LaLanne ("Bogie Affair").  And a S6 episode (O.J. Simpson?) keeps getting substituted with "Lucy, the American Mother."  So "Bogie Affair" and "American Mother" wind up being played twice as often as the rest.

Well, i can certainly understand them omitting that dreadful killer simpson episode.

The sad part is the O.J. Episode is actually a pretty good one. Too bad it didn't guest star, say, Rosey Grier or someone.

I agree. It's a strong, funny show. I try not to let knowledge of future events cloud my enjoyment of it, but I can understand why it wouldn't be wise to rerun.

On a similar note, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before the entire Cosby library is wiped off the face of the earth. Mill Creek has been getting a lot of flack for announcing their complete series set.

• Like 1

I watched the OJ episode the other night while interjecting my own commentary. Example anytime he mentioned his wife. "The one you didn't kill."

But he DID kill her Blanche!  LOL!  Maybe they should let THESE run but rather take off the animal ones, the one with the midget gangsters and the sherriff too?

• Like 1

I heard gary was working on getting Son of Sam and the Boston Strangler to guest star on one episode of the series.

LOL!

I watched the OJ episode the other night while interjecting my own commentary. Example anytime he mentioned his wife. "The one you didn't kill."

Yes, I'm cringing at the thought.

The sad part is the O.J. Episode is actually a pretty good one. Too bad it didn't guest star, say, Rosey Grier or someone.

I agree, cute episode, unfortunate choice of a guest star.

Well from that pic I posted maybe Blake wasn't taking what Gary was selling.

Could be, Blake was one tough cookie, who ended up being like the hoodlums and tough guys he had portrayed so often.  But i did like him in Baretta though.  Wish you ha d a pic of him as a kid.  He used to make those two little twerps Lucy babysat look like angels.

Could be, Blake was one tough cookie, who ended up being like the hoodlums and tough guys he had portrayed so often.  But i did like him in Baretta though.  Wish you ha d a pic of him as a kid.  He used to make those two little twerps Lucy babysat look like angels.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/b1/48/6d/b1486d224d9eae5ada654fa3bdfc51e7.jpg

Yes, they have been doing this for a while and they do not change their TV listings schedule, so the listing has the episode that should air but instead its replaced for a show from an earlier season. Not sure why they do this.

That's what I've noticed.  The listings will say Donny Osmond, then that sheep dog thing airs.  And it's always these same two substitute episodes being run in place of the same two that never air.

Wasn't he cute way back then?  And i forgot to mention how terrific he was in the film adaptation of Truman Capote's great book, IN COLD BLOOD!

All murderers are cute when they're little.

I have my doubts about Aileen Wuornos.

She's adorable.  :)

http://murderpedia.org/female.W/images/wuornos_aileen/1/aileen-child.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

COZI will be moving Here's Lucy to once a day at 5:30 pm, guess I wont be able to watch HL anymore.

I'm actually surprised this hasn't already happened.  It's been almost a year that it's been on and I think they're in the fourth rerun cycle of this series, which seems like overkill.  Just being honest here, but I Love Lucy is so jam-packed with wonderful moments it can be rerun on an endless loop and nobody ever gets tired of it.  You can almost get away with that with The Lucy Show.  But Here's Lucy seems like the kind of show that you can cycle through once, maybe twice, then you need a break from it for a couple years.  Most of the time if I'm home when it's on, I'll check to see what episode is being run, but I usually end up changing the channel.  I never do that with I Love Lucy.  If it's on, I watch.

• Like 2

Cozi "Here's Lucy"----No credits!  except for Paul Brownstien the distributor.

I thought there was some union rule that said the credits of each person HAD to appear on screen, even if they're sped up and scrunched to the point that they're illegible.

Today's HL's:  one of the best of the 3rd season (which isn't saying much)  "Jack Benny's Biography".   It goes right from the opening to puppet Lucy opening up the curtain; then cuts to opening the curtains at the end of the opening "written/directed by" credits without showing them.    I don't know if these are the versions that LBP pre-edited for syndication but they end rather abruptly.  This one with Jack explaining he and another swinger were going to take out some girls.  The doorbell rings and in walks George Burns....THE END.  But the joke, as I recall are the two old ladies they're taking out.

The other episode run today "Ma Parker", which I dare say, isn't QUITE as horrible as I remember it being.

Cozi "Here's Lucy"----No credits! except for Paul Brownstien the distributor.

I thought there was some union rule that said the credits of each person HAD to appear on screen, even if they're sped up and scrunched to the point that they're illegible.

Today's HL's: one of the best of the 3rd season (which isn't saying much) "Jack Benny's Biography". It goes right from the opening to puppet Lucy opening up the curtain; then cuts to opening the curtains at the end of the opening "written/directed by" credits without showing them. I don't know if these are the versions that LBP pre-edited for syndication but they end rather abruptly. This one with Jack explaining he and another swinger were going to take out some girls. The doorbell rings and in walks George Burns....THE END. But the joke, as I recall are the two old ladies they're taking out.

The other episode run today "Ma Parker", which I dare say, isn't QUITE as horrible as I remember it being.

Ma Parker is always quite as horrible as I remember it.