Lucy the (War) Bond Woman

GeneaLady

That has always bugged me about that.  Luckily because of Desi needing knee surgery she got lucky with him never seeing action but she talks about celebrities in the military and war wives.  She references herself in the bond tours part but just a passing reference would have been nice.  I think it was because it would be too distracting to bring up his name in this DOD sponsored piece.  

I do especially love how Carole got a mention.

That has always bugged me about that.  Luckily because of Desi needing knee surgery she got lucky with him never seeing action but she talks about celebrities in the military and war wives.  She references herself in the bond tours part but just a passing reference would have been nice.  I think it was because it would be too distracting to bring up his name in this DOD sponsored piece.  

I do especially love how Carole got a mention.

I could write an essay on her body language and tone in this.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently watched Lucy's speech for the 25th anniversary of the war bond and something struck me. When she talks about actresses getting involved because they were war wives, she does not mention that she, too, was a war wife.

I could write an essay on her body language and tone in this.

Oooo I haven't heard of this special before! Would there be any chance of a link to a YouTube video? Good body language or bad? She doesn't talk much about the war time.