The Lucy Show: Together For Christmas

Which do you prefer . . .

Lucy Carmichael's green Christmas tree with moth eaten ornaments. Turkey with chestnut dressing, opening presents on Christmas morning, listening to "Dickens Christmas Carol." :lucy2:

OR

Vivian Bagley's white Christmas tree with new GOLD ornaments and neon lights. Goose with oyster dressing :lucydisgust: , opening presents on Christmas eve, and listening to "A Night Before Christmas." :viv2:

Whatever you decide I won't smash your Santa Clause ornament and call it Kris Krinkled. lolz.

I prefer Lucy's :D but I'd rather have neon lights on my tree.

Generally, I prefer Lucy's Christmas... but my family opens presents on Christmas Eve, hangs stockings by the mantle, and everyone takes turns opening gifts.

I've been battling Mom for years about their butt ugly fake Christmas tree, quashed with arguments like, "It's just so much easier to handle/put up/put away, etc. etc." that I've given up...and secretly happy that well, at least it's not one of those hideous looking white plastic numbers!

As for Christmas dinner, I can't imagine having to stomach goose -- with OYSTERS yet! Yuk! Give me turkey, stuffing and gravy and all the trimmings ANY day!

I guess we "split the difference" as traditionally, we open most of our presents --and mainly for the kids, many of whom are shuttled off to other homes Christmas day -- Christmas eve, saving what's stuffed in the stockings for Christmas morn, and more often than not, one "big" gift exchanged with our name draw that same morning.

lucythrill.JPG

I've been battling Mom for years about their butt ugly fake Christmas tree, quashed with arguments like, "It's just so much easier to handle/put up/put away, etc. etc." that I've given up...and secretly happy that well, at least it's not one of those hideous looking white plastic numbers!

As for Christmas dinner, I can't imagine having to stomach goose -- with OYSTERS yet! Yuk! Give me turkey, stuffing and gravy and all the trimmings ANY day!

I guess we "split the difference" as traditionally, we open most of our presents --and mainly for the kids, many of whom are shuttled off to other homes Christmas day -- Christmas eve, saving what's stuffed in the stockings for Christmas morn, and more often than not, one "big" gift exchanged with our name draw that same morning.

lucythrill.JPG

I know, G O O S E and O Y S T E R S ??? What the hell planet was Viv from anyway? :lucydisgust:

More fake tree scrooges! :lucyhaha::lucyeww: I have two people in my immediate family who have REAL trees and one of them always is like "a fake tree is so stupid," blah blah blah. Well it saves money, the environment, and you don't have to sweep up pine needles.

I know, G O O S E and O Y S T E R S ??? What the hell planet was Viv from anyway? :lucydisgust:

lolz Claude!

More fake tree scrooges! :lucyhaha::lucyeww: I have two people in my immediate family who have REAL trees and one of them always is like "a fake tree is so stupid," blah blah blah. Well it saves money, the environment, and you don't have to sweep up pine needles.

lolz Claude!

I had real trees as a kid and teen, then it was so much work, like you said, sweeping up those damned needles, we went to fake ones when i was an older teen, they were so beautiful and so much easier to decorate, at work i even left the tree decorated for the next year with a plastic over it, so much easier. But one year i went with real as this restaurant left them out on New Year's Eve, i grabbed them, took them home and decorated them, it was great, that smell was so nice and it felt like the old days again, i love both types but i agree with you that i just hate the thought of them chopping down these beautiful real trees and the fake ones can look so real now too. And they never lose their needles.

Archived