The Great Train Robbery episode

Lucy and trains. The two things that dominant my house and life.

The 2 story train you saw is NJ Transit commuter cars.

Amtrak is nothing what train travel use to be like.

Back then yes they had those breaks but not now.

If you got train questions I'm your gal. I got married on one. You haven't lived until you walked down the aisle of a moving train car in a giant dress while the I Love Lucy theme plays.

• Like 2

My top 10 I Love Lucy list is clogged and sometimes episodes come and go, but "Train" is certainly up there on my list.  Everyone is in top form, including the production values, the set and the execution.  Lucy walking down the hallway: she does it so nimbly as if she really is trying to steady herself on a moving train.  I don't know if there were manual brakes or not, but usually these details are something the 3Bobs/Babe/Jess would check out.   The only thing I found a bit strange if the unlocked door between compar'ments.  

The other downside, and this is not the episode's fault, is that it ends the wonderful Hollywood story arc.   I don't know why they didn't keep the setting in CA.  It didn't take them long to whisk to gang off to Europe after they returned to NYC and all those interim plots could have taken place in LA (except for "Homecoming" I guess).

I love how many different people Frank Nelson plays throughout the 6 seasons. Freddy Fillmore, Ben Benjamin, the waiter, the US Customs officer, Ralph Ramsey, Sgt Nelson, and of course the conductor on the train. He has such an epic deep voice. lol! He was just as great in the TLS White House episode. I bet Ball loved having him on the show. especially playing a million different characters. I liked the snack car on Amtrak the best. I got a very tasty canned margarita! And ham & cheese on a pretzel roll. I wonder what kind of food the Mertzes kept trying to order and if Lucy ended up paying them for it, since I doubt the train staff would be responsible and reimburse them for 4 meals! We got stuck just outside of Schenectedy for 45 minutes because the train in front of us accidentally released it's emergency brake due to carelessness or something, and it had to be reset. My friend was like "I hope we get a voucher for free food on the way back."

"I.. I made a boo- boo."  One of the funniest lines of the episode..  I also like "Why can't he see that that man is a criminal?"

"Maybe it's because the detectives eyes are so far apart and his are so close together."  It is a very enjoyable episode.  I remember my first (and so far ONLY) time on Amtrak...   I was so disappointed with the way it looked.  I so expected at least an I Love Lucy train... I knew I couldn't expect Pullman Car Luxury.. .but what I got was UGH.. such a letdown lol!

I love that Big Bang episode from last February where Amy took Sheldon on the vintage train for Valentines day and he met a fellow train enthusiast and they kept imitating different train sounds. lol. And Bernadette was like "Oh great there's 2 of 'em!" I was kind of expecting it to look like that one. They even had a skylight to look at the stars! haha.