Debbie Reynolds yaks about Lucy and Desi in new book

Brock

I'm always looking for new ways to serve hors d’oeuvres at those smart dinner parties I throw.

According to the man who served those hors d'oeuvres (Scotty Bowers), the woman behind the woman who bought those smart hostess pants (Lucille Ball) once punched him.  He makes that claim in this interview from a couple years ago.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/a-keeper-of-hollywoods-secrets-now-spills-them/

Well how would you like it if you took a big bite out of "Scotty Bowers' Perky Pickle"  and said "It's so tasty, too" before realized what you had just swallowed?  (and then did the "spider")

Re: the video interview.  He may have prided himself on his years of keeping secrets but he's sure a big old blabbermouth now!  George Cukor is no surprise, but "Telephone for Walter Pidgeon" was.....And Spencer Tracey???   "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner" indeed!

Well how would you like it if you took a big bite out of "Scotty Bowers' Perky Pickle"  and said "It's so tasty, too" before realized what you had just swallowed?  (and then did the "spider")

Re: the video interview.  He may have prided himself on his years of keeping secrets but he's sure a big old blabbermouth now!  George Cukor is no surprise, but "Telephone for Walter Pidgeon" was.....And Spencer Tracey???   "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner" indeed!

Well... I doubt it's very "perky" anymore!  This is the book/author that Clod was so "gun ho" about spilling everyone's secrets about who slept with whom back in the day.... and how nearly every male star in town seemingly was closeted and gay.  :blink:

Well... I doubt it's very "perky" anymore!  This is the book/author that Clod was so "gun ho" about spilling everyone's secrets about who slept with whom back in the day.... and how nearly every male star in town seemingly was closeted and gay.  :blink:

Just sour grapes on your part, because when you tried shopping YOUR book around, the editors were saying "sorry. it's been done"

Blabbermouth indeed.  At one point in the interview he talks about what a trustworthy person he is.  Obviously not anymore!  I'm still trying to process some of these claims.  The one that I'm having the hardest time with is the Duke and Duchess of Windsor.  I've heard various things about their relationship, including some recently discovered letters she was writing to her ex-husband after she wound up married to Edward (apparently remorseful and longing to be with him instead of Edward).  It all points to a theory that she allowed herself to get caught up in a situation the prince/king, but then it got out of her control and she was forced to marry him when she didn't actually want to.  (Edward was infatuated with her and was threatening suicide if she didn't marry him.)  I'm not sure how that jibes with this guy's claim that the marriage was a total sham designed to hide their sexuality.

This gas station attendant claims Wallis dumped her sham marriage with Ernest for another sham marriage with Edward? Are you serious? Lol Wally, you did it the hard way.

The ins and outs of the Edward and Wallis relationship had always been so fascinating to me (in fact, it was the subject of one of my social history university papers) and so many components are difficult to reconcile, such as the government dossiers about her and her relationship with the car dealer, her alleged role as a Nazi spy, Edward's obsession, and the various contemporary theories of her "Shanghai trick". Haha

This gas station attendant claims Wallis dumped her sham marriage with Ernest for another sham marriage with Edward? Are you serious? Lol Wally, you did it the hard way.

The ins and outs of the Edward and Wallis relationship had always been so fascinating to me (in fact, it was the subject of one of my social history university papers) and so many components are difficult to reconcile, such as the government dossiers about her and her relationship with the car dealer, her alleged role as a Nazi spy, Edward's obsession, and the various contemporary theories of her "Shanghai trick". Haha

I don't know that much about them, but I understand the "Shanghai trick," and a few other rumors have been debunked.  I heard one story that there was concern that Edward didn't have what it takes to be king, especially given the world situation that was developing in Europe, so she was used as a ploy to force him to abdicate the throne to his brother, George, who it was believed would be better suited for the role.  It seems she did have lots of extramarital affairs and maybe knew too much and could havecompromised herself in such a way that she could be coerced to do things she didn't want to do.

• 4 weeks later...

Lucy, Desi and Debbie's "SHOCKING LOVE TRIANGLE!" is the main cover story of the November 9 edition of the National Examiner with the sub-headline: "DEBBIE REYNOLDS TELLS ALL!"

:marionstrong: :marionstrong: :marionstrong: :marionstrong:

How did Lucy's love life (real and imagined) suddenly become all the tabloid rage again in 2015? lol