Mr. Busty Ingels Dies @ 79

JoeySanJoaquin

Never cared for the guy but he made my Favorite TV Mom Shirley Jones happy for nearly 40 years so it saddens me to report the loss of actor/comedian/producer Marty Ingels apparently from the aftereffects of suffering a massive stroke. He was 79.

Ingels made his mark as a comic actor in the 1960s with his zany style and rapid-fire, raspy-voiced delivery. In later years he worked as an agent and as a voice artist in cartoons, in addition to producing.

“He often drove me crazy, but there’s not a day I won’t miss him and love him to my core,” Jones said.CR40zpnUAAAD0lx.jpg

• Like 1

As I’ve mentioned before I met Marty and Shirley back in the 90s when they did a week of summer stock at the theater in my town. They both were nice, especially to us teenagers running the front of the house. They hung around after to sign autographs, do a newspaper interview, etc… Marty was an odd one. I don’t know enough about him to weigh in on why he was disliked but I think it may have had to do with his very unique personality. Maybe it was because when he was around you knew it and from the little I’ve heard tact and class were not things in his repertoire.

• Like 2

The poor guy just died so out of respect for Miss Jones I'll tell you privately why I didn't care for him but my feelings are perhaps biased so best not to share them in a public forum. :blink:

And while you are at it, you can tell me privately too why he is/ was on your shit list. :) Because, I kinda want to know myself.

• Like 1