Lucy & Desi's fatal Friar's Club roast

Brock

Brock:  THANKS SO MUCH FOR CONTRIBUTING THIS PIECE; PARTS OF IT CLEAR UP SOME MISCONCEPTIONS I'VE INCLUDED IN THE CHRONOLOGY WHICH CAME OUT, AS -  IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY(???), P.R. FROM NEWSPAPERS; AND WHAT HAS BEEN REPEATED IN BOOKS.  IT WAS HEARTENING TO HEAR FROM THOSE WHO ARE ALSO LONG GONE; SAD AS IT WAS, GLAD I HEARD AND SAW IT. 

Loving you, JK :fabrary:

This audio from this evening was pressed into a 2-LP set.  Doubt it was sold to the public because the packaging is so plain, but I bought one off ebay many years ago.  Probably recorded more to preserve the last performance of Einstein, who does indeed slay the crowd.  What a high note to go out on.  Other than this evening, I've never heard of Einstein.

Of course the records don't contain the dramatic scene at the end.  The recording ends with Art Linkletter saying "Why doesn't that man have his own prime time show?"

As part of Milton Berle's part, he says prophetically "The marriage of Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz will not last......What a settlement: she gets Beverly Hills and he gets Olvera Street." (or something like that).

Archived