Times you felt sorry for poor Lucy

In Here's Lucy, Lucy Stops a Marriage when she realizes what was really happening, Uncle Harry makes her work an hour earlier and stay an hour later. Also, the end of House Guest when he gets hurt, yet again. Poor Lucy . . . but she was way to quick to jump to conclusions in the Marriage episode so I don't blame Harry for being mad, especially after costing him 100 grand. The end of the Vacation episode also bugs me too. 

And of course those episodes of I Love Lucy when everybody gets mad at her in the New Neighbors episode but they were all at fault. Same with the Redecorating the Mertz's apartment. The end of the Monte Carlo episode is very painful to watch, I cannot watch it. I like to think they kept the money. But Lucy really made a mountain out of an ant hill in that one. The Paris Gown episode, when Ricky discovers she faked the hunger strike and takes the dress away from her is kind of upsetting too. But the funny part was when he pulled the roast chicken out of the camera bag. lol. The audience's reaction was priceless. 

Can't think of too many from The Lucy Show. Maybe the end of the season 1 wedding episode. Her sister better have paid her back all that money! I mean it was Lucy's idea to host a wedding but that was still pretty inconsiderate of them to elope at the last minute! It was almost like the Golden Girls episode when they were catering this girl's wedding and she just shows up at 3 AM saying she had a fight with her fiance, then at the end they make up, but elope. I love Dorothy's "we're going to eat chicken for the rest of our lives" line.  :D

Oh just thought of another one, the season 2 episode where Lucy thinks Mooney is embezzling money but they discover an oil well in his backyard and Viv just leaves Lucy sitting there. 

The Marriage License. Ricky plays a joke on her for no good reason. So Lucy gets all upset that they are not really married. In recreating the wedding all she was doing was trying to make the same memories that were very important to her and Ricky is being a total jerk about it when he is the one who caused the whole problem to begin with.

A general overall theme from Season 4-6 of The Lucy Show. To me it always seemed that Lucy was lonely in LA. Yes she had Mary Jane as a friend but who else really? Mr. Mooney was always yelling at her and then random famous people who came though the bank and then were gone by the next episode. Even Carol didn’t stick around more than a few days being her roommate and the Countess stopped coming to visit. She barely even mentioned her kids, who never came to visit except Jerry once for Christmas. Lucy also had very few any dates. So this poor woman can’t get a date, have many friends, have a boss who isn’t a slave driving jerk and has kids who forgot she existed. No wonder she had to hang out with all those celebrities.

• Like 2

Lucy's Bicycle Trip--oh my god poor Lucy . . . I wonder if Ricky turned around when he realized she wasn't there

Never thought about that about TLS s4-6 but I felt bad for Lucy at the end of the Car Hop episode when the TV for HER got taken away by Mr. Mooney to make up for the one she broke but then that one got broken too. 

Well... the equal rights one is very good.. She kinda asked for it.. I did feel bad when Ethel said.. "This is my LAST crisis.. I'm THROUGH!!!!"  Oh.. when she took that BBQ pit apart.. UGH..  what a waste of time.. what she must have been going through mentally when she was dismantling that thing!!!  I really feel for her there.. and good ole Ethel being a true friend.. GOD Ethel was loyal to her.. Lucy was lucky she had her on her team! 

• 4 weeks later...

A general overall theme from Season 4-6 of The Lucy Show. To me it always seemed that Lucy was lonely in LA. Yes she had Mary Jane as a friend but who else really? Mr. Mooney was always yelling at her and then random famous people who came though the bank and then were gone by the next episode. Even Carol didn’t stick around more than a few days being her roommate and the Countess stopped coming to visit. She barely even mentioned her kids, who never came to visit except Jerry once for Christmas. Lucy also had very few any dates. So this poor woman can’t get a date, have many friends, have a boss who isn’t a slave driving jerk and has kids who forgot she existed. No wonder she had to hang out with all those celebrities.

You really hit the nail on the head there. I had never thought about it in those terms before, but you're exactly right and it's the main reason I'm more partial to the Danfield episodes. As funny as many of the California shows were, Lucy never had the same sense of community, she always felt very isolated. Even when Mary Jane did stop by, it wasn't for long, and she really had no other regular friends. In Danfield, there was the volunteer fire dept. and all the various women's activities she was involved in, allowing her to interact with a stable of friends in the community.

Perhaps the LA shows would've benefitted if Lucy's neighbors in the apartment had been more established and provided her with more recurring faces to interact with and visit. They tried to do this early in season 4 with characters like Mel, Joan and Brad, but it never really went anywhere (for obvious reasons with Joan). Had that premise been able to stick, it would've opened up the plot lines to incorporate more misadventures in the Glenhall Apartments.

• Like 2