Promotional Ads

I'll never figure out the negative attitude about "Forever" and why it did not do well at the BO.  I think it's as good as "Trailer".  I Love Lucy was still the hottest (and best) thing on TV so it was not a matter of, as one author put it in a Lucy book, the love affair with Lucy and Desi passing its peak.  Getting to see Lucy and Desi, once again, in color and not on a 12" screen would seem to be all the inducement movie goers would need.  And the song is beautiful.  Although I like "Brezzin' Along", too.

Does anyone know how "FD" did financially in the final tally? 

"Trailer" brought in over $4million and was MGM's highest grossing comedy up to that time. 

I never know what these tallies cover.  Gross receipts?  Theater rental payments paid? In US only?

I'll never figure out the negative attitude about "Forever" and why it did not do well at the BO. I think it's as good as "Trailer". I Love Lucy was still the hottest (and best) thing on TV so it was not a matter of, as one author put it in a Lucy book, the love affair with Lucy and Desi passing its peak. Getting to see Lucy and Desi, once again, in color and not on a 12" screen would seem to be all the inducement movie goers would need. And the song is beautiful. Although I like "Brezzin' Along", too.

Does anyone know how "FD" did financially in the final tally?

"Trailer" brought in over $4million and was MGM's highest grossing comedy up to that time.

I never know what these tallies cover. Gross receipts? Theater rental payments paid? In US only?

I don't dislike either film but I can't say I love them. In all honesty, I find Trailer a little painful to watch. Nicky's nervousness and discomfort with the whole situation makes me cringe. Darling is no masterpiece but it's more tolerable, in my opinion. I think most of the negative opinions focus on how the script was not written for them (and it shows) and the obvious tailoring the "Lucy" team did to make it more suitable.

• 2 weeks later...