The Lucy Show first season in new dvd box set

Lucille Ball fan

I found a new dvd box set today at Wal-Mart that includes the first season of The Lucy Show. It also includes the Andy Griffith Show and some other shows. It is called something like 1960s tv binge box set. It is a 2016 CBS DVD release. I can't find it for sale on the internet. I don't remember what other shows it includes. Maybe someone can provide complete infomation on the new set.

• Like 1

Well the dvds are in a box that is new. I did not buy the set so I don't know how the dvds are packaged inside the box. But for sure they are in a new box. It had a picture of Lucy and Vivian from season one of The Lucy Show on the front. And a picture of Lucy as Charlie Chaplin on the back. CBS DVD also had a 70s binge tv set and a western binge tv set at Wal-Mart. I have searched the internet and can't find any information on the new sets. The information has to be there. I just have not been able to find it yet.

Well the dvds are in a box that is new. I did not buy the set so I don't know how the dvds are packaged inside the box. But for sure they are in a new box. It had a picture of Lucy and Vivian from season one of The Lucy Show on the front. And a picture of Lucy as Charlie Chaplin on the back. CBS DVD also had a 70s binge tv set and a western binge tv set at Wal-Mart. I have searched the internet and can't find any information on the new sets. The information has to be there. I just have not been able to find it yet.

You've got me a-googling and I can't find anything either! Funny this kind of thing would be put out in stores and NOT be listed anywhere on their website, strange. And you're SURE it's got the CBS and Paramount logos all over the boxes?? Not to doubt you but by description these sound like those cheesy (and PD!) box set "collections" (often in tin metal-type cans) you can happen upon at Walmart, Target, etc. so I hope they're legitimate since I'm gonna have to do a field trip and do further research!!

Wish me luck it's so hard (like at Costco) to not get carried away at "Wally World"! :blink:

Yes all three sets 60s,70s and westerns are from CBS DVD and Paramount. Their logos are on the box sets. I have checked Wal-Mart.com, Amazon.com, and CBS dvd store website and found nothing.

Good. I'm not a fan of yet another way to repackage perfectly good previously released "product" but as long as it's the real deal i.e. a legitimate studio-sanctioned release, then I'm all for it. 

Gonna have to do a Walmart run soon sometime this week so I'll be on the lookout for these! :HALKING:

I did some "reconnaissance" tonight and found the box sets in question, and actually they're not only a great idea/concept, but in-store (Walmart) anyway -- where it appears they are exclusives -- although I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually turned up elsewhere, especially at Costco and the like -- they're reasonably priced for what you get.

They had 3 separate sets, one of the 60s (TLS, Petticoat Junction, Andy Griffith and Gomer Pyle), the 70s (Laverne & Shirley, Happy Days, Odd Couple and Taxi) (which makes sense as they were all originally Paramount produced shows back in the day and still fall under the CBS/Paramount Home Video banner); and the most "curious" collection (to me), the Westerns package, comprised of Gunsmoke, Bonanza, Rawhide and Wild Wild West.

With a price point of $30 ($35 for the Western set), these are actually pretty good bargains.  What I find inconsistent however (and to me, unnecessary and annoying!) is that despite the fact all three are comprised of 1st Season releases, the varying disc number (and subsequent total running time) does not seem to be taken into account in the pricing and IMHO should have been adjusted accordingly. 

That is, for example, the 60s set totals 57 hours in running time with a grand episode total of 130 episodes, whereas the 70s set runs fewer hours with episodes totaling less and thus, I think, should be slightly lower in price to compensate.  (The shorter running time is due partly because they produced a lot fewer episodes per show/season by that time and the fact that at least one of the shows included ("Laverne & Shirley") (if not more) was a mid-season starter with only 13 episodes.)  Conversely, they had no trouble bumping the price up $5 (still a great bargain however) of the Western collection due to the additional disc count and total running time in hours (at 72 hours, almost double the running time of the 70s set!).

All in all, a great concept and I hope they sell well enough to continue with additional sets and hopefully retaining the all-from Season (insert #) concept. 

Cool beans! :D :lucythrill:

24861542524_c6fda1c629_n.jpg25399279911_2191497649_m.jpg25465978246_9984ec7638_m.jpg

• Like 1