New special edition Lucy magazine from American Icons

Brock

Just picked up a copy at the local newspaper/magazine store. It's full of really beautiful photos. Looking forward to reading through it. Paper quality is really good too. One of the nicest magazines featuring her I've seen in a while. Definite recommend! Thank you for posting about it Brock, would not have known it was out either. 

Just picked up a copy at the local newspaper/magazine store. It's full of really beautiful photos. Looking forward to reading through it. Paper quality is really good too. One of the nicest magazines featuring her I've seen in a while. Definite recommend! Thank you for posting about it Brock, would not have known it was out either. 

Thanks for the recommendation! I'm going to try and hunt it down tomorrow.

Thanks! Usually find this type of thing at CVS, Target etc.  What's it go for, about $10? :peachonthebeach:

Thanks! Usually find this type of thing at CVS, Target etc.  What's it go for, about $10? :peachonthebeach:

SRP on the barcode reads $12.99

Looks beautiful. Any new information in it? I hope "The Lucy Show" and "Here's Lucy" get some attention.

"CBS didn't want Desi to be on the show? She did an episode in a chocolate factory? Her pregnancy was incorporated into the show against the network's wishes? She had other TV shows after I Love Lucy? I never knew these things!"

• Like 1

SRP on the barcode reads $12.99

Looks beautiful. Any new information in it? I hope "The Lucy Show" and "Here's Lucy" get some attention.

"CBS didn't want Desi to be on the show? She did an episode in a chocolate factory? Her pregnancy was incorporated into the show against the network's wishes? She had other TV shows after I Love Lucy? I never knew these things!"

Smartass! Mwah! :blink::HALKING::vanda::lucyeww::peachonthebeach:

I went to Barnes & Noble for a different magazine, but they were out of it.  But, having seen tribute magazines of John Wayne and Carol Burnett, I scanned the tops of all the magazines in the entertainment section, because I had a hunch, and there this was!  You know you're a Lucy fan when you recognize her by just an inch of her hair!

• Like 1

Found it during a romp around Walmart! It's glorious, beautiful color photos -- some HAVE to be either colorized or "touched up" due to their age and most are familiar but there are a couple I don't remember ever seeing before.  There ARE the usual boo-boo's and errors that inexcusably pop up in publications like this (which could easily have been fact-checked had they bothered), still I think it's worth at least a look and certainly adding it to any "Lucy lovers" collection. :peachonthebeach:

The one thing that marred this otherwise above-average effort was the inclusion of yet another one of those "top 10 episodes" list of best, or favorite or whatever episodes -- containing the "usual suspects" like Vitavetavegamin, etc. along with a couple of head-scratching choices but I for one -- don't know about y'all -- am tired of some unknown committee or entity or whatever they are deciding what's best of anything, least of all what I consider the best of the best, the mother of all sitcoms, because I can assure you at least half of your picks -- as in this case -- are not going to agree with mine!! What's the point anyway?? There must be other more salient points to cover! Jeesh. :blink:

• Like 1

Found it during a romp around Walmart! It's glorious, beautiful color photos -- some HAVE to be either colorized or "touched up" due to their age and most are familiar but there are a couple I don't remember ever seeing before.  There ARE the usual boo-boo's and errors that inexcusably pop up in publications like this (which could easily have been fact-checked had they bothered), still I think it's worth at least a look and certainly adding it to any "Lucy lovers" collection. :peachonthebeach:

The one thing that marred this otherwise above-average effort was the inclusion of yet another one of those "top 10 episodes" list of best, or favorite or whatever episodes -- containing the "usual suspects" like Vitavetavegamin, etc. along with a couple of head-scratching choices but I for one -- don't know about y'all -- am tired of some unknown committee or entity or whatever they are deciding what's best of anything, least of all what I consider the best of the best, the mother of all sitcoms, because I can assure you at least half of your picks -- as in this case -- are not going to agree with mine!! What's the point anyway?? There must be other more salient points to cover! Jeesh. :blink:

I'm still waiting for the "Beyond I Love Lucy" edition that focuses on all the other things she did. Surely they can sell that on her name alone. Somebody's got to educate the "general public" on her other projects!

• Like 1

I agree, the "top 10" should never include the Scotland episode and a couple others are a total head scratcher. I also didn't care for the section of new  "Lucy-like" actresses. If anything they should have shared celebrities who like or admire Lucy with some quotes of how she inspired them. Otherwise there is no comparison. 

• Like 2

I'm still waiting for the "Beyond I Love Lucy" edition that focuses on all the other things she did. Surely they can sell that on her name alone. Somebody's got to educate the "general public" on her other projects!

Here I guess we part ways! I'd love to agree with you Brian but as much as I'd love that too I think it would have happened already, say, not long after her death when the vultures were still circling and capitalizing on the event.

Of course it's still possible but I don't think, sadly, very likely.

I sure like the way you think though! :peachonthebeach: