Biographer Charles Higham talks his bio and Life with Lucy

Brock

While watching this bizarre interview with Hermione Baddley during my lunch -- I mean, the peculiar host even asks Mrs. Naugatuck how Walt Disney cast her in "Mary Hopkins" -- I was surprise to see Charles Higham drop in to discuss his new Lucy bio and its launch, timed to coincide with the first Life With Lucy broadcast:

He comes on around 17.10

UGH! Skip E. Lowe makes me bilious. What a complete and utter tool. He makes each interview he does all about himself. I saw his one with Virginia O'Brien and she could barely get a word in edgewise.

Still, thanks for sharing. At least there is archival material of this sort available.

:lol:

He was a character...to put it mildly. Met him in Hollywood on a couple of occasions and yes, the conversation was always directed back by him to his life and career...but then I think he was a child "star" so he was accustomed to being the focus..

Now that he's gone, I really should read his autobiography...it's no doubt uh....riveting. :blink:

He was a character...to put it mildly. Met him in Hollywood on a couple of occasions and yes, the conversation was always directed back by him to his life and career...but then I think he was a child "star" so he was accustomed to being the focus..

Now that he's gone, I really should read his autobiography...it's no doubt uh....riveting. :blink:

Forgot to mention Lowe was the "inspiration" for Martin Short's hilarious Jiminy Glick character...and after watching this video, am reminded why! :HALKING:

While watching this bizarre interview with Hermione Baddley during my lunch -- I mean, the peculiar host even asks Mrs. Naugatuck how Walt Disney cast her in "Mary Hopkins" -- I was surprise to see Charles Higham drop in to discuss his new Lucy bio and its launch, timed to coincide with the first Life With Lucy broadcast:

He comes on around 17.10

Brockie:  ANY IDEA of date of this interview; great thing to go into chronology.  Thanks if you can research....Love, JK

If I remember right, he shot those at his West Hollywood home...one reason the set was so....so.... functional. :blink:

If you think "Charlene" is bad how about his "boy toy" (ahem) who opened at the top with the introduction?? :HALKING:

Here's a real (or is it "reel"?? (!)) scary find, a Lucy "connection"!!! Lookie who was in one of her better (IHMO) mid-career films:

Best Foot Forward
Cadet (uncredited)

--at least as listed in IMDB.com.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0523049/

:vanda: