Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Chronology - Week 4 - December

leenorman

December 23

Fred Aldrich, William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz) uncredited co-star, It Happened in Flatbush, 1942; cast member, ("I Love Lucy"), 1952, 2 episodes, 1953, 1954, 1956, is born this date in 1904.

James Gregory, Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz guest co-star, Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse, 1959; guest, Desilu Productions', The Untouchables, 1961, Star Trek, 1966; and Mission: Impossible, 1972, is born this date in 1911.

Gerald O'Loughlin, guest, Desilu Productions', Mannix, 1968, Mission: Impossible, 1968, 1971; as well as Desi Arnaz, IV, co-star, Automan, 13 episodes, 1983-1984, is born this date in 1921.

Harry Guardino, Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse, 1959; guest, Desilu Productions', Here's Hollywood, 1962, The Untouchables, 1960, 1961, 1962, and The Greatest Show on Earth, 1963; guest-appeared with Desi Arnaz, The Hollywood Squares, 1972; as well as appears with Lucie Arnaz, Night of 100 Stars, 1982, is born this date in 1925.

Ronnie Schell, One-of-Six Headliner(s) for the Lucy-Desi Memorial Day Festival in Jamestown, NY, 1997, is born this date in 1931.

Lucille Ball, and co-star, Richard Denning, appear My Favorite Husband “The Sleigh Rideâ€, co-starring veteran supporting cast members, Frank Nelson, Hans Conried, and Jay Novello, airs this date in 1949.

Lucille Ball, and co-star, Richard Denning, appear My Favorite Husband “The Christmas Stagâ€, co-starring veteran supporting cast member, Jay Novello, airs this date in 1950.

Desilu Productions' Shower of Stars, this issue: “A Christmas Carolâ€, Ralph Levy, Director; William Lundigan, Host; and co-starring Frederic March, Basil Rathbone, and Bob Sweeney, among others, airs this date in 1954.

Desi Arnaz and Orchestra record the background music (“I Love Lucyâ€) Episode #117, which is filmed this date in 1954.

The Lucy Show, “The Loophole in the Lease†- Lucy and Viv argue over a leak and the lease, airing this date in 1963.

Charles Victor, Lucille Ball early film-career co-star, 1942, as well as guest cast member, (“I Love Lucyâ€) 1952, dies this date in 1965.

Vivian Vance (Lucy's Ethel Mertz) appears on (“I've Got A Secretâ€) on this date in 1966.

Charles Ruggles, co-star, Lucille Ball 1936; co-star, William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz) 1939, 1940; guest, Desilu Studios'-filmed, The Red Skelton Show, 1957, 1958, 1959; guest co-star, Desilu Productions' Here's Hollywood, 1961; Ernestine, and The Comedy Spot, 1962, Vacation Playhouse, 1963; guest, Desilu Studios'-filmed My Living Doll, 1964; as well as with Lucille Ball (both via archival footage), Hollywood Without Make-Up, 1963, dies this date in 1970.

Desi Arnaz IV stars in Tomorrow Entertainment, Inc., Marco, as Marco Polo, co-starring, among others, Zero Mostel and Jack Weston, airing in 1973.

Desi Arnaz IV stars in Warner Brothers' TV, Quinn Martin Production's, Streets of San Francisco, Season 1, Episode 10, “In Case Of Madnessâ€, as B. J. Palmer, co-starring Karl Malden and Richard Hatch, airing this date in 1976.

Gino Corrado, co-star, Lucille Ball, 1934, 3 films, 1935, all uncredited roles, 1940; co-star, William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz): 1941, 1942, 1945, 2 films, all uncredited roles, 1947, dies this date in 1982.

Desi Arnaz Memorial Resolution, by the Honorable Sunny Mojonnier, 75th Assembly District, Members Resolution #76, is signed this date in 1986.

Patric Knowles, Lucille Ball early film-career co-star, dies this date in 1995.

NY Times, Dinitia Smith: “The Newest Wasserstein Creation Comes Home,†published this date in 1999.

PBS American Masters, Finding Lucy - Documentary of Lucille Ball, the Lucy behind the wacky character she portrays on television, in 2000.

Billy Barty, Lucille Ball early film-career co-star, 1933, guest, guest, Desilu Studios'-filmed, The Joey Bishop Show, 1963, as well as with Desi Arnaz and Lucille, via archival footage, Off the Menu: The Last Days of Chasen's, 1997, dies this date in 2000.

Maxim: Millenium men's magazine runs a feature 'Head to Head', proving the power of the ("I Love Lucy") characters phenomenon: pitting similar names to each other, in 2001.

Estelle Oppenheimer, wife of Jess Oppenheimer, creator of ("I Love Lucy") dies this date in 2007.

December 24

Lucille Ball appears in RKO Radio film Hitting A New High, released this date in 1937.

The Post Journal, Jamestown NY - Lucille Ball Wants $60 G Albino Coat Frank Neill Hollywood (INS) “Mrs. Desi Arnaz is one in a million. A one-of-a-kind fur is composed of 85 white mink pelts. Lucille will wear the finery created for the film Personal Column for Producer Hunt Stromberg. The 'dream' coat creator found one pure Albino pelt among a bale of mink fur from Canada, and began putting them aside. Two years later, he had enough to create the glad rag,†published this date in 1946.

Desi Arnaz is heard, bantering with Bob Hope and Bing Crosby, on The Bob Hope Radio Show, where he served as Hope's Musical Director 1946-47, on this date in 1946.

Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz make appearances on television for the first time, on CBS - Ed Wynn Show on the west coast, a rare CBS television network program originating from Hollywood and photographed on kinescope film to later be broadcast for the east coast; in a skit written by Lucille's My Favorite Husband radio show writers, Madelyn Pugh and Bob Carroll, Jr., in which Lucille is a Ziegfeld Girl and walks away with the entire program. Lucille is impressed with the enormity of the cameras and the blocked view for the audience; Desi, however, is far more excited by the potential of television, airing this date in 1949.

The NY Times, by Richard Maney: Twentieth Century Memoir William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz) writes a brief piece, as his character, O'Malley, about the genesis of the show and how it has interacted with his life, this date in 1950.

In “Drafted†("I Love Lucy") - Fred Mertz is given an opportunity to directly tap into his vaudeville background by assisting Ricky in a suitable routine to perform at an army camp, airing this date in 1951.

Desilu Productions', Cavalcade of America “In This Crisisâ€, co-starring Tom Tully, airs on this date in 1952.

CBS The Lucy Show 30-minutes, black & white this is not a misprint, nor Miss Ball's classic 1960's sitcom. The re-runs of ("I Love Lucy") on Sundays had done so well for CBS, it decides to add this extra night of ("I Love Lucy") re-runs on Saturdays in the very early evening. New graphics are made to reflect the change of title and sponsor this date in 1955.

Desi Arnaz, as Ricardo, and Orchestra, perform ("I Love Lucy") The ("I Love Lucy") Christmas Show,written by Madelyn Davis and Bob Carroll, Jr.; Desi Arnaz, Producer Cast of Desi Arnaz, Lucille Ball, Vivian Vance and William Frawley (Lucy's the Mertzes), and Keith Thibodeaux, as Little Ricky, reminiscing around the tree trimming Christmas Eve, and the events leading up to the baby? birth; then, all dress up as Santa Claus Christmas morning for Little Ricky and the opening of his gifts, film released this date in 1956.

Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz take the entire group of Lucille's young talent across the street, Lucey's Restaurant, for a Mexican menu after a performance of the Desilu Revue announceing that the Desilu Playhouse will move to larger quarters after its initial four-week run; and highlights will air on a special Christmas Eve edition, this date in 1959.

The Lucy Show, “Together for Christmasâ€â€“ episode hilariously exhibits the differences in family traditions at the holidays, airing this date in 1962.

Lucille Ball is in the audience in NBC High Hopes: The Capra Years, saluting the films of the legendary filmmaker, and Lucille does the comedy clips, airing this date in 1981.

Lucille Ball films her guest appearances on CBS Body Language, with Isabel Sanford and Richard Simmons, among others, commencing this date in 1984.

Peter Lawford, Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz' long-time friend; appears with Vivian Vance (Lucy's Ethel Mertz) TV, 1964, dies this date in 1984.

Norman Vincent Peale, Lucille Ball's mentor and confidant of many years; appears with Lucille and Gary, 1971, dies this date in 1993.

December 25

Lela Rogers, Lucille Ball's early film-career acting teacher and mentor running the RKO New Talent Stage Play Workshop (coincidentally, Lela's mother was a 'Ball'; Lela was mother of Lucille's good friend, Ginger Rogers). When World War I broke out, Lela was one of the first 10 women to be inducted into the Marines, is born this date in 1891.

Humphrey Bogart, long-time friend of Lucille Ball, who shares fame in art “Legends of Hollywood†series, she, the seventh famous face; with Lucille, via archival footage, Entertaining the Troops, 1994; as well as with Desi Arnaz and Lucille, via archival footage, Off the Menu: The Last Days of Chasen's, 1997, is born this date in 1899.

Tony Martin, many-year husband to Cyd Charisse, Lucille Ball early film-career co-stars, RKO Radio's, 2 films, 1936, guest, with William Frawley and Vivian Vance, (Lucy’s the Mertzes), Desilu Productions', Shower of Stars, 2 episodes, 1955; as well as appears with Lucille and Desi Arnaz, Toast of the Town 1958; is born this date in 1912.

Rod Serling, writer, Desilu Productions', Kraft Mystery Theater,7 episodes, 1953-55; Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz' guest writer, Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse, 1958, guest co-star, 1960; guest, Desilu Productions' Here's Hollywood, 1961; guest, Desilu Studios-filmed Fractured Flickers. 1963; as well as guest, Desilu Productions' You Don't Say, 2 episodes, 1965 , is born this date in 1924.

Lucille Ball filmed her scenes as a has-been dancer for Follow The Fleet,†starring Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers, co-starring Harriet Hilliard Nelson (of Ozzie and Harriet fame), over Christmas 1935.

Lucille Ball appears, NBC The Jack Haley Show, The Wonder Show, “Christmas Presentsâ€, with Bill Gordon, announcer; Jack Haley, Artie Auerbach, Virginia Verrill, and music by Ted Fiorreto, on this date in 1937.

LA Examiner, Lucey's Entertain Club With Italian Dinner: “In the hearts of many filmlanders, there's a special place reserved for Lucey's, across the way from Paramount. The owners have now opened Lucey's Club, and gone festive and entertained for the new Club. Among the revelers is Lucille Ball, with Bill Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz), as emcee for an impromptu program and Jack Haley, where Lucille will soon appear on KNX Radio,†published this date in 1938.

Lucille Ball, and co-star, Richard Denning, appear on CBS Radio 30-minute, Situation Comedy, My Favorite Husband, “Numerologyâ€, Episode #24, with veteran supporting cast members, John Hiestand, Frank Nelson, and Jay Novello, this episode the basis for ("I Love Lucy") “The Seanceâ€, #7, broadcast in November of 1953, airing this date in 1948.

Barbara Mandrell, appears with Lucille Ball, Lucy Comes to Nashville, 1978; with Lucille, Bob Hope's High-Flying Birthday 1986; as well as with Lucille, Hostess, America's Tribute to Bob Hope, 1988, is born this date in 1948.

Lucille Ball presents Vivian Vance with a special Christmas gift: an album of photos, programs, and press clippings, which Lucille called “This Is Your Life, Vivian Vance,†this date in 1953.

Lucille Ball appears in Collier's Magazine this date in 1953.

Lucille Ball, Desi Arnaz and Keith Thibodeaux (Little Ricky) appear on Look Magazine cover - Laura Berquist article: “Lucy and Desiâ€, wherein Lucille reveals her decision about experimenting with television from a dream in which deceased friend, Carole Lombard, advises: 'Honey, go ahead; give it a whirl,'†published this date in 1956.

Desilu Productions' Cavalcade of America, “Three Young Kingsâ€, starring Frank Puglia, among many others, Don W. Sharpe, many-year associate of Desilu, Executive Producer, seventh of seven Desilu-produced episodes, airs this date in 1956.

Desilu Productions' Yancy Derringer, Jock Mahoney, as Yancy, among many others, “Old Dixieâ€, co-starring, among many others, Louise Fletcher, with Lucy and Desilu veterans W. Argyle Nelson, Production Supervisor and Don E. Sharpe, Executive Producer, airs this date in 1958.

Desi Arnaz, as Host, Lucille Ball, Producer, Vivian Vance and William Frawley (Lucy's The Mertzes), appear in CBS 60-minute The Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse - “The Desilu Revueâ€, written by Bob Schiller and Bob Weiskopf, with Hedda Hopper visiting Desilu Studios, while fledgling producer, Lucille Ball, has been working with a group of young performers taking part in the Desilu Workshop, co-starring Carole Cook, Ann Sothern, Robert Osborne, Hugh O'Brien, George Murphy, Dick Kallman, William Demarest, Rory Calhoun, Spring Byington and others , airing this date in 1959.

Desi Arnaz appears on Ed Sullivan's Toast of the Town, on this date in 1960.

Charlie Chaplin, Lucille Ball's friend, mentor and idol, she pays homage to Charlie in The Lucy Show, 1966, with Lucille, via archival footage, Entertaining the Troops, 1994; dies this date in 1977.

Joan Blondell, co-stars with Vivian Vance (Lucy's Ethel Mertz), The Blue Veil, 1951; guest star, Desilu Productions', Shower of Stars, 1955; and Lucille Ball's friend and guest co-star, The Lucy Show, 1965, dies this date in 1979.

Lee Bowman, Lucille Ball RKO Radio film co-star; 1938; Desi Arnaz co-star, 1943; Lucille, radio, My Favorite Husband, 1948, dies this date in 1979.

Dean Martin, Lucille Ball's friend and many-time guest co-star, The Lucy Show, 1966, Dean Martin Roast: Lucille, 1975, 1984; with Lucille, archivally, 1985; as well as with Desi Arnaz and Lucille, all 3 via archival footage, Off the Menu: The Last Days of Chasen's, 1997, dies this date in 1995.

Denver Pyle, guest star, Desilu Productions', The Texan, 1959, 1960; and guest go-star, Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse, 1960; Desilu Productions', Kraft Mystery Theater, 1962; as well as co-stars with Vivian Vance (Lucy's Ethel Mertz), The Great Race, 1965; dies this date in 1997.

Parade Magazine Readers Respond Who is The Best All-Time Comedy Team's - “In our October 23 Issue, we asked readers to tell us who they thought was the most dynamic comedy duo ever. Nearly 7,000 replied. Here are your favorites: 1. Laurel & Hardy; 2; Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz . . .,†on this date in 2005.

The Post-Journal Jamestown NY - Saturday - Critical Eye - by Robert W. Plyler - 'We Need A Little Christmas' - Lessons can be learned from classic stories from the holiday season - “Merry Christmas! Listening to some holiday music on the car radio, heard singers performing 'We need a little Christmas', a song written Jerry Herman, part of score in Broadway musical, Mame. One of the best-known versions, though, was performed by our community's own Lucille Ball in cast recording of feature film Mame, (beautiful picture of Lucille, singing that song is shown mid-page),†published this date in 2010.

December 26

Alberto Morin, supporting cast member, ("I Love Lucy"), 1952, 1953; Desilu-filmed, The Lineup, 1955; Desilu Productions', Wire Service, 1957; Desilu-filmed, Man With a Camera, 1958; Yancy Derringer, 1959; as well as Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse,2 episodes, 1959, is born on this date in 1902.

Richard Widmark, Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz guest co-star, ("I Love Lucy"), 1955; as well as guest, Desilu Productions' Here's Hollywood, 1961, is born this date in 1914.

Steve Allen, long-time Arnazes friend; radio co-star, My Favorite Husband; many-time panelist (“What's My Line?â€), Host: (“I've Got a Secretâ€); late-night talk show fame; co-star, Desi, Joys, 1976; Lucille co-star, in “Lucy Calls the Presidentâ€, 1977; appears with Lucie Arnaz, Night of 100 Stars, 1982; appears, as a presenter, with Lucille, The First Academy of Arts and Sciences Television Hall of Fame, 1984; with Lucille, The 38th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards, 1986; with Desi and Lucille, via archival footage, Off the Menu: The Last Days of Chasen's, 1997; with the Arnazes, archivally, The Desilu Story, 2003; with Lucille, as well as via archival footage, GAB Entertainment Working with Lucy: A Conversation With James Brodhead, 2010, is born this date in 1921.

Alan King, appears with Lucille Ball, The Garry Moore Show, 1960; with Desi Arnaz, Joys, 1976; with Lucille, Happy Birthday, Bob, 1978; with Desi Arnaz IV, How to Pick Up Girls! 1978; with Lucille and Desi, American Masters: Judy Garland, By Myself, 1983; with Lucille, America's Tribute to Bob Hope, 1988; with Lucille, The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson, 1992; with Lucille and Desi, via archival footage, Ed Sullivan All-Star Comedy Special, 1995; as well as with Desi, via archival footage, The Nightclub Years, 2001, is born this date in 1927.

LA Evening Herald Express, Jimmy Starr: “Lucille Ball, RKO cutie, didn't know it before, but she does talk in her sleep. Christmas presents were no surprise but, the family pretended to be tremendously surprised the next morning,†published this date in 1935.

NY Herald Tribune, Russell Crouse: A 'Research' Heart-Rending Tale of a Girl's Fight to Make Good - â€Vivian Vance (Lucy's Ethel Mertz) . . . with her name in lights, at least three film companies are making inquiry as to her plans for the future and some fan mail,†published this date in 1937.

Lucille Ball appears as a regular cast member Sunday nights on CBS Radio, The Phil Baker Show, this date in 1937.

LA Evening Herald Express - New Stars Flash on Filmland Horizon: “Lucille Ball is one of them,†published this date in 1938.

LA Evening Herald Express, Harrison Carroll: “Surprise ending to A Girl, A Guy and A Gob; but the sailor who didn't get the girl, got a final shot surrounded by hula girls,†published this date in 1940.

Hollywood Citizen News, Lowell E. Redelings: “From Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz: A wire with the words, 'Felices Pascuas Y Prospero and Nuevo,†published this date in 1945.

Vivian Vance (Lucy's Ethel Mertz) stars, as Mrs. Mister, on Broadway, Mansfield Theater (moved to Broadway Theatre on January 28, 1948, to close), The Cradle Will Rock, co-starring Jack Albertson, 34 performances, running through February 7, 1948, beginning this date in 1947.

Lucille Ball and co-star, Richard Denning, appear, My Favorite Husband “Young Matron League Tryoutsâ€, script by Jess Oppenheimer, a re-write of Episode #11, the first episode written by Oppenheimer for Lucille, with veteran supporting cast members, Elvia Allman, Hans Conried, John Heistand, and Jean VanderPyl, airing this date in 1948.

Initial CBS Television Network rebroadcast of “The Club Dance†("I Love Lucy") 4/12/54, is one of the episodes which feature 'flashback' scenes, which scenes were omitted from all subsequent re-runs of select episodes and broadcast, with the deleted scenes, this date in 1955.

Lucille Ball and Gary Morton make a guest appearance, as husband and wife, on CBS Password, their second appearance, airing this date in 1963.

Desilu Productions' Fractured Flickers, with Lucy veteran supporting cast member, Hans Conried, Host, who explains what a 'fractured flicker' is; introduces several wacky segments and interviews guests, co-starring this segment, Bob Denver, Stan Laurel, via archival footage, and semi-regulars, June Foray, Paul Frees, which airs on this date in 1963.

Desilu Productions', ABC's Late Night, formerly billed as ABC Wide World of Entertainment, “Break Upâ€, with Host, Bruce Davison, and Bernadette Peters, directed by Jerry Paris, a musical comedy special with three sketches, “Dressing Room Interruptionsâ€, “Mr. Acropolisâ€, and “Ginsbergâ€, airing this date in 1973.

Jack Benny, Lucille Ball's friend, neighbor, and many-time guest co-star; Desilu filmed several episodes of The Jack Benny Show, 1953-54; with Lucille and Desi Arnaz, 1943; with Lucille, Desi, Vivian Vance, William Frawley (The Mertzes), 1952; guest, Desilu Productions', Shower of Stars, 1954-1958; with Lucille and Desi, 1958; guest co-star, Desilu-filmed, Make Room For Danny, 1957-60; with Lucille, 1962; with Lucille, Bob Hope Presents the Chrysler Theater and CBS: The Stars' Address, 1963; guest co-star, (The Lucy Show) 1964, 1966, 1967; Lucille co-star, three events, 1967; Lucille guest star, Jack Benny's Birthday Special, 1969, Jack Benny's Twentieth Anniversary Special, 1970; Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Jack Benny But Were Afraid to Ask, 1971; (“Here's Lucyâ€), 1968, 1970, 1971; Desilu Productions', ABC's Wide World of Entertainment, 1973; The Dean Martin Celebrity Roast: Lucille Ball, 1975; CBS Salutes Lucy: The First 25 Years, 1976; with Lucille, Bob Hope's Overseas Christmas Tours: Around the World with the Troops - 1941-1972, 1980; with Lucille, 1982; with Lucille Ball, two events,1984; with Lucille, Legends of Comedy and The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson, 1992; Bob Hope's Bag Full of Christmas Memories, 1993, with Lucille, via archival footage, That's Entertainment! III and Entertaining the Troops, 1994; The Best of the Dean Martin Celebrity Roasts, 1998; with Lucille, archivally, Bob Hope at 100, 2003; as well as Cavett Remembers the Comic Legends, 2006, both by archival footage; dies this date in 1974.

Lucille Ball appears on CBS Body Language, with Isabel Sanford and Richard Simmons, among others, this date in 1984.

Elsa Lanchester, Lucille Ball's guest co-star, ("I Love Lucy"), 1956; guest, Desilu Productions', Shower of Stars, 1956; and (“Here's Lucyâ€), 1975, as well as with the Arnazes, Hollywood Out-takes and Rare Footage, 1983; dies this date in 1986.

Lucille Ball receives CBS The 9th Annual Kennedy Center Honors Award, which commenced in 1978, honoring individuals who throughout their lifetime have made a significant contribution to American culture through the performing arts; but, Lucille obviously seems first among equals, as the centerpiece of the most-recognizable, due to the fact that Desi Arnaz died only days prior. Lucille was to have been presented her Award by Desi Arnaz; so, Robert Stack presented with words written by Desi, nary a dry eye in the White House, the Honors airs this date in 1986.

Bart Andrews, Lucy author, The ("I Love Lucy") Book, 1985, an expanded version of a 1976 book he co-wrote: 'Lucy & Ricky & Fred & Ethel', was the first to write a history of the 'Lucy' show and wrote 4 Lucy books. He also worked with Arnazes friend, producer/actor, Sheldon Leonard, dies this date in 2009.

December 27

Marlene Dietrich, co-star, William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz), 1936; with Lucille Ball, Show Business at War, 1943; co-star, Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz), 1952; with Lucille, Bob Hope's Overseas Christmas Tours: Around the World with the Troops - 1941-1972, 1980, The American Experience: Las Vegas: An Unconventional History, Part 1, 1988; with Lucille, via archival footage(s) Entertaining the Troops and That's Entertainment! III, 1994; as well as with Desi Arnaz, both archivally, The Nightclub Years, 2001, is born this date in 1901.

LA Evening Herald Express, Models Seen in Cantor Film: “Although Hollywood is said to be the center of feminine pulchritude, seven NY girls . . . seen in front line chorus of Eddie Cantor comedy, Roman Scandals, at Grauman's. Each is known throughout the land as a model for the most famous poster and magazine ad artists in the United Statess. Lucille Ball is one of them,†published this date in 1933.

Desi Arnaz, with $15.00, one good suit; couple of shirts, shorts, socks, good shoes, and one good tie, arrived in NYC with his Band; stayed in a Hotel for $1.00 per night, and soon signed a contract to appear at the opening of La Conga, NY City, in preparation for the $150 million NYC World's Fair; then, Miami Beach, from December 31, 1937, to March 1, 1938, on this date in 1937.

Film Daily, “Annabel Takes A Trip, RKO Radio's Second in this Series, and Lucille Ball's good looks and laughs are there in abundance,†published this date in 1938.

NY Sun, Ward Morehouse, “The Cradle Still Rocks, but . . .Vivian Vance (Lucy's Ethel Mertz),†published this date in 1947.

Variety: Lucille Ball: “Don Sharpe worked as an agent with Kurt Fringes, and became the catalyst for CBS approach in giving me a show of my own,†published this date in 1950.

The Post Journal, Jamestown NY - “Lucille Ball Named Business Woman of Year Annual Poll Picks Queen Elizabeth as Top Personality by The Associated Press Lucille Ball-one-half of the fantastically-successful husband and wife team of Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz, has been named top business woman of the year by women editors of Associated Press newspapers throughout the country in their annual poll selecting outstanding female personalities in the news,†published this date in 1957.

The Lucy Show, “Lucy Discovers Wayne Newton†- Bob O'Brien, writer - Lucy loses Mooney's sheepdog; guest co-star, Wayne Newton, finds him; phones Lucy; discovers Wayne's talent when retrieving the dog for Mooney, and contrives to get him a contract, airing this date in 1965.

(“Here's Lucyâ€) “Lucy's Bonus Bounces†- Harry's psychiatrist suggests giving Lucy a raise in exchange for loyalty, co-starring veteran Lucy supporting cast member, Vanna Barra, airs this date in 1971.

Lucille Ball appears on CBS Body Language, with Isabel Sanford and Richard Simmons, among others, this date in 1984.

Jess Oppenheimer, creator/writer (“I Love Lucyâ€), dies this date in 1988.

December 28

Cliff Arquette, guest co-stars, The Hollywood Squares, with Vivian Vance (Lucy's Ethel Mertz), one-week of appearances, 1966; appears with Desi Arnaz IV, 1970; Lucie Arnaz, 3 appearances, 1971; as well as twice with Desi Arnaz, 1972; is born this date in 1905.

Lew Ayres, guest star, Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse, 1958, is born this date in 1908.

Lee Bowman, Lucille Ball co-star, 2 RKO Radio films, 1938; Desi Arnaz' co-star, 1944; CBS Radio, My Favorite Husband, first episode, 1948, as Lucille's husband, George; is born this date in 1914.

Andrew Duggan, guests on Desilu Productions', Wire Service, 1957, and The Greatest Show on Earth, 1964; as well as, archivally, in his memoriam, with Lucille, The 61st Annual Academy Awards, 1989, her final public appearance on stage, 1989, is born this date in 1923.

Martin Milner, Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz guest co-star, Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse, 2 episodes, 1959, as well as Desilu Productions', Land's End, a Desi Arnaz creation, 1968, is born this date in 1931.

William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz), appears in Paramount Pictures', Here Is My Heart, as James Smith, co-starring Kitty Carlisle, Bing Crosby, and Reginald Owen, among many others, released on this date in 1934.

Film Daily, Annabel Takes a Trip - RKO-Radio: “Second in the series, laughs are there in abundance, and with Lucille Ball's good looks and antics, this one will register as a pop attraction anywhere,†published this date in 1938.

Lucille Ball appears on NBC Radio Good News of 1938, on this date in 1939.

William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz), appears in Lowe's/MGM Pictures', Whistling in Brooklyn, as Detective Ramsey, co-starring Leo Durocher and the Brooklyn Dodgers, Frank J. Scannell, Red Skelton, among many others, released on this date in 1943.

[Research Note: This note appears with several dates of importance in prelude to Lucille and Desi's performances, which made history and will perpetuate.] Lucille Ball's agent, Don Sharpe, called: “We've just finished negotiating a deal with CBS to make a pilot film for a TV series to star you and Desi. You know what that means? After the pilot film, which we need by February 15, CBS will try to find a sponsor for the show. If they succeed, the show will go on the air next fall. “We'll have oneâ€, Lucille replied, this date in 1950.

Kansas City Star reports: “ . . the former Vivian Jones (Vivian Vance) of Independence and Cherryvale, Kansas. . . has done much to bring (“I Love Lucyâ€) to its No. 1 rating,†published this date in 1952.

Kansas City Star “Radio-TV Scene - “Vivian Vance (Lucy's Ethel Mertz),†published this date in 1952.

Post Journal, Jamestown NY - Hollywood History Marks a Year of New Dimensions Hollywood (AP) - “Baby of the Year: Desi Arnaz IV; and tempest in a teapot news that Lucille Ball had registered as a Communist voter years ago,†published this date in 1953.

Look Magazine cover: Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz, with Lucie Arnaz and Desi Arnaz IV, appear this date in 1954.

Look: “Lucy Goes Shopping,†published this date in 1954.

Post Journal, Jamestown NY - Group Begins Planning for Lucille Ball Visit - “A 24-member committee, representing business, industry, labor and the press, met at noon today in the Mayfair Room of the Hotel Jamestown to begin planning for a festive homecoming program for Lucille Ball and Desi Arnazâ€, published this day in 1955.

Desi Arnaz appears on The Bob Hope Show, on this date in 1956.

Post Journal (Jamestown NY): Bob Hope and Lucille Ball “Naturals†For Palace Film “The Facts of Life was a hilarious experience in film making for all concerned. It's Lucille's first venture into film in 5 years, and the first film pairing with Bob Hope in 11 years . . .†published this date in 1960.

The Lucy Show, “Lucy Meets Danny Kaye†- Lucy makes a promise to her children, and guest co-star, Danny Kaye, arranges for all of them to perform on his program, airing this date in 1964.

(“Here's Lucyâ€) “Lucy Stops a Marriage†- an old flame of Harry's wants to invest $100,000 in his business, airing this date in 1970.

Syndicated columnist, Joyce Haber: “Now it's official; it has been decided unofficially for months Lucy has it (the part in Mame)â€, published this date in 1971.

Charles Tannen, co-star, William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz) 1939; and Lucille Ball co-star, 1946; co-star, Desilu Productions', Official Detective, 1957, as well as co-star, Vacation Playhouse, an unsold pilot for a proposed sitcom about a town fire chief, 1966, dies this date in 1980.

Martin Milner, Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz guest co-star, Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse, 2 episodes, 1959, as well as Desilu Productions', Land's End, a Desi Arnaz creation, 1968, dies this date in 1983.

Jimmy Demaret, Golf Masters' Champion, 1940, 1947 and 1950; Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz guest co-star, (“I Love Lucyâ€) 1954; as well as Lucille's guest co-star, The Lucy Show, 1964, dies this date in 1983.

William Demarest, Lucille Ball early film co-star, 1934, 1937, 1949, guest co-star, Desilu-filmed, Make Room for Daddy, 5 episodes, 1957-61; Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse, 1959, Desilu Productions', Here's Hollywood, 1961, The Greatest Show on Earth, 1964; Uncle Charley, on My Three Sons, after William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz) retired, dies this date in 1983.

Lucille Ball appears on CBS' Body Language, with Isabel Sanford and Richard Simmons, among others, this date in 1984.

Howard Caine, of Hogan's Heroes fame; cast member, Desilu Productions', Cavalcade of America, 1954; The Californians, as Schaab, 1957-1958; The Untouchables, 1961; Fair Exchange, 1962; appears with William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz), My Three Sons, 1962; Desilu Productions', Glynis, 1963; and The Greatest Show on Earth, 1963; The Lucy Show, 1964; as well as Desilu-filmed, Slattery's People, 1965, dies this date in 1993.

Helen Kleeb, supporting cast member, (“I Love Lucyâ€) 1955; guest, Desilu Productions', Those Whiting Girls, 1955; guest, Desilu-filmed, The Adventures of Jim Bowie, 1957; Desilu Productions', The Walter Winchell File, unknown year, The Ann Sothern Show, 1959; co-star, William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz), The Gale Storm Show, 1959; Desilu Productions', Harrigan and Son, 1960, 1961, dies this date in 2003.

Desi Arnaz' many contributions are recognized by hispanicbusiness.com:

- Gabe Rodriguez: â€From Lucy To Reba: A Look at Cuban and Hollywood Relations “Most everyone knows Desi Arnaz. That is to say, everyone knows he was the star and executive producer of ("I Love Lucy"). He was Cuban and a talented musician. Arnaz conceptualized the multi-cam setup used for filming the set, a format that would be used on virtually every sitcom from Happy Days to Full House to Friends. Folks, let's pause, take a breath and consider this fact: A Cuban is responsible for how American sitcoms have been filmed for more than 50 years!†reported this date in 2006.

December 29

Pierre Watkin, Lucille Ball early film-career co-star, 1936, 1937, co-star, William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz), 2 films, 1940, 1941; co-star, Desi Arnaz, 1941; Frawley, 1942; Lucille, 1943, 1947; Frawley, 1947; supporting cast member, (“I Love Lucyâ€), 1954; as well as Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse, 1959, is born this date in 1887.

George Marshall, actor, director, many-year friend of Lucille Ball; co-star, 1950 - director; Desilu Productions', Cavalcade of America, 1955; (“Here's Lucyâ€), 1969, both as an actor; director, (“Here's Lucyâ€), eleven episodes, 1969; as well as guest on Lucie Arnaz and Desi Arnaz Special (“Here's Lucyâ€): On Location, 2009, is born this date in 1891.

Emory Parnell, Lucille Ball early film-career co-star, and co-star, William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz), 1939, 1940, 1942; Lucille's co-star, 1943; with Frawley, 1948, 1950, 1952; with Lucille and Desi Arnaz, 1953; guest cast member, (“I Love Lucyâ€), 1953; guest, Desilu Productions', Sheriff of Cochise, 1957; as well as The Texan, 1959, 1960, is born this date in 1892.

Jeanette Nolan, Desilu Productions, Whirlybirds, 1959, Guestward Ho!, 1961; and The Mothers-in-Law, 1968, 1969, is born this date in 1911.

William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz) appears in Broadway's Twentieth Century, as Owen O'Malley, his first dramatic role, for which he received rave reviews, Broadhurst Theater, 152 performances, through May 20, 1933, co-starrring with Lucy veteran supporting cast member, Roy Roberts, beginning on this date 1932.

Lucille Ball sought employer Hattie Carnegie's permission for a temporary relief of contract, during the summer of 1932, when uniquely recruited, a young woman was pulled from the Goldwyn Girl lineup by her mother, by agent Sylvia Hablo if she wanted the bit part, in United Artists' film, Roman Scandals, written by George S. Kaufman, starring Eddie Cantor, Edward Arnold, Ruth Etting, and Gloria Stuart among others. Hattie told Lucille, "Lucille, honey, when opportunity knocks you must open that door!" the film, with Lucille, Paulette Goddard, and Barbara Pepper, uncredited, (The Goldwyn Girls), as well as Billy Barty, uncredited, among others, released in New York City on this date in 1933.

Lucille Ball appears as one of the Parisian mannequins under contract with RKO, in Roberta, starring Irene Dunne, Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers, late in 1934.

Mary Tyler Moore, of The Dick Van Dyke Show, as Laura Petrie,; 153 episodes, 1961-66; Mary Tyler Moore Show, as Mary Richards, 168 episodes, 1970-77, and Rhoda, as Mary Richards, 6 episodes, 1974-77 fame; appears with Lucille Ball, Host Part II - CBS: On The Air, 1978; with Lucie Arnaz, Night of 100 Stars, 1982; with Lucie and Lucille, Night of 100 Stars II, 1985; with Lucille and Vivian Vance (Lucy's Ethel Mertz), Funny Women of Television, 1991; with Lucille, 50 Years of Funny Females, 1995; with Lucille and Desi Arnaz, via archival footage, Ed Sullivan All-Star Comedy Special, 1995; with Lucie, CBS at 75, 2003; guest appears on PBS' Pioneers of Television Documentary archival footage of (“I Love Lucyâ€) and Lucille and Desi - 2008; as well as with Lucille, both archivally, TV's 50 Funniest Phrases, 2009, is born this date in 1936.

Desi Arnaz and Orchestra record for RCA Victor, “Rumba Rumberoâ€, “In Santiago Chiliâ€, “Little Romeroâ€, “Jipi Japaâ€, “Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhapsâ€, “The Matadorâ€, “La Ultima Nochesâ€, “You Can in Yucatanâ€, “Rumba Matumbaâ€, and “Cuban Caddyâ€, on this date in 1947.

Ted Danson, of Cheers fame; appears with Lucille Ball, The American Film Institute Salute to Billy Wilder, 1986; with Lucille, via archival footage, 50 Years of Funny Females, 1995; with Lucie Arnaz, at CBS at 75, 2003; as well as with Lucille, both via archival footage, You Know the Face, among many other stars, 2009, is born this date in 1947.

Desi Arnaz and Orchestra record in Hollywood, California, this date in 1952.

Desi Arnaz, as Ricardo, and Orchestra, perform (“I Love Lucyâ€) “Lucy Hires an English Tutorâ€, Lucy hires a tutor to teach the Ricardos and the Mertzes to speak properly, airing this date in 1952.

Look Magazine: Lucille Ball appears this date in 1953.

Post Journal, Jamestown NY - Hospital Patients to See Lucy, Desi - Round of Events Planned for Famous Film Duo - “Shut-ins at the Local Hospitals may get a chance to see Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz when the celebrated husband and wife duo of movie and TV fame visit Jamestown next month for the world premiere of their latest movie ‘Forever Darling,†published this day in 1955.

The Chicago Sun-Times TV Prevue: Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz, appear on the cover for this week in 1957.

Desilu Studios-filmed My Favorite Martian “How To Be A Hero Without Really Tryingâ€, with Ray Walston, Bill Bixby, and co-starring Lucy veteran, Richard Reeves, among others, airs this date in 1963.

Desilu Studios-filmed, I Spy, 4 episodes in 1965, starring Robert Culp, as Kelly Robinson, and Bill Cosby, as Alexander Scott, the first show with black and white characters in equal roles, the third episode filmed at Desilu, “Affair in T'Sien Chaâ€, co-starring Vera Miles, Roger C. Carmel, among others; with Producer/Writer, David Friedkin, long-time Arnazes friend, Sheldon Leonard, Director, Executive Producer/Actor, uncredited voice of the disc jockey; as well as Sidney Hickox, Cinematographer; Cam McCulloch, Sound Engineer, and Bud Molin, Film Editor, airs this date in 1965.

Desilu Productions’, last episode of Star Trek, Gene Roddenberry, Creator/Executive Producer, Joseph Pevney, Director - Lucy supporting cast member, Sean Morgan, 4-episode co-star, between 1966-1967, this episode, “The Trouble With Tribblesâ€, co-starring regulars DeForest Kelley, as Dr. McCoy, Leonard Nimoy, as Mr. Spock, and William Shatner, as Captain James T. Kirk, among many others; with Desilu/Lucy veteran(s): Whit Bissell, as Lurry, William Shallert, as Nilz Baris, Herbert F. Solow, executive in charge of production; airs this date in 1966.

(“Here's Lucyâ€) “Lucy, the Helpful Mother†- having two teenagers, always on the telephone, Lucy gets yelled at by Harry, so devises a way to get them their own lines by putting everyone to work, airing this date in 1969.

Vivian Vance (Lucy's Ethel Mertz) appears on ABC - 60 minute, Love, American Style: “Love and the Mediumâ€, co-starring George Gobel, Dorothy Konrad, and Paula Stewart, airing this date in 1969.

Desi Arnaz IV appears on NBC The Tonight Show, with Johnny Carson, airing this date in 1972.

Desi Arnaz IV stars as Nebicher in 20th Century Fox TV, Automan “The Great Pretenderâ€, guest co-starring Michael Callan, Clu Gulager and Rick Jason, airing this date in 1983.

Lucille Ball speaks about Variety Clubs, on CBS' TV, All-Star Party for Lucille Ball, Monty Hall, hosting, another in a series of salutes on behalf of the Variety Club International charity, with Lucie Arnaz and Desi Arnaz IV singing a ballad with special lyrics of (“I Love Lucyâ€) theme song, airing this date in 1984.

Don Taylor, co-star, Lucille Ball, 1943; with Vivian Vance (Lucy's Ethel Mertz), 1951; Desilu Productions', Cavalcade of America, 1956, and Mannix, 1968, dies this date in 1998.

Bob Monkhouse, appears with Lucille Ball, archivally, Bob Hope at 100, 2003; as well as with Lucille, archivally, Bob Monkhouse's Comedy Heroes, 2004, dies this date in 2003.

Dorothy Konrad, veteran supporting cast member The Lucy Show,1963, 1964, and 1966, as well as with Vivian Vance (Lucy's Ethel Mertz), Love, American Style, 1969, dies this date in 2003.

The Post Journal, Jamestown NY - Information center In Years Past 50 Years Ago “Shut-ins at local hospitals might get a chance to see Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz when the celebrated duo visit Jamestown next month for the world premiere of Forever Darling. The Hospital trip is just one item planned for the jam-packed two-day schedule, climaxing with showing of the film,†published this date in 2005.

Lucy-Fan Website: Lucy Honored With Third USPS Stamp - “Are you ready for the third Lucille Ball stamp? According to an AP story released today, the U.S. Postal Service plans to release a set of 20 stamps on August 11, 2009, currently called 'The Early TV Memories' set. Lucy and Ethel (Lucille Ball and Vivian Vance) will be depicted losing a struggle wrapping chocolates on an assembly line in one of the most-famous (“I Love Lucyâ€) episodes of all, 'Job Switching'. This makes Ball honored with three postage stamps. The first one featured her, with Desi Arnaz, representing (“I Love Lucyâ€) in the 1950s group of stamps that was part of the 'celebrate the (20th) Century' series. The second depicted Ball, drawn by Drew Struzan, as part of the 'Hollywood Legends' series,†posted this date in 2008.

December 30

Bert Parks, famed MC of early-days Miss American Pageant; appears with Lucille Ball and Vivian Vance, on syndicated Dinah!, 1975; as well as with Lucille and Lucie Arnaz, Night of 100 Stars, II, 1985, is born this date in 1914.

Jack Lord, of Hawaii 5-0 fame; guest co-star, Desilu Productions', U.S. Marshal, 1958; The Untouchables, 1959; Here's Hollywood, 1962; as well as The Greatest Show on Earth, 1964, is born this date in 1920.

Joseph Bologna, writer, uncredited, A Lucille Ball Special Starring Lucille Ball and Jackie Gleason, “Three For Twoâ€, reportedly, co-written with wife, Renee Taylor, 1975; Lucille's co-star, What Now, Catherine Curtis?, as Peter, 1976, is born this date in 1934.

LA Evening Herald Express, Harrison Carroll: “Sample of Hollywood gossip. Lucille Ball wears a wedding ring in the picture Joy of Living. She couldn't get it off the other night, so she wore it home and to dinner at a cafe By the next night, she had received four telegrams of congratulations on her marriage,†published this date in 1937.

Desi Arnaz first orchestra to play under his own name opens at the Park Central Hotel, quickly re-named La Conga, Miami Beach, billed as Desi Arnaz and his XCO, Xavier Cugat Orchestra, as 'direct from the Starlight Roof of the Waldorf-Astoria, NYC†- soon advertises and contracts for 12 weeks, until (3/24/38), this date in 1937.

LA Evening Herald Express, Jimmy Starr: “Lucille Ball gets tested for Scarlett O'Hara,†published this date in 1938.

Lucille Ball appears on NBC radio program, Good News of 1940, this date in 1939.

Lucille Ball and co-star, Richard Denning, appear My Favorite Husband “Liz and George Handcuffedâ€, co-starring veteran supporting cast members, Hans Conried and Hal March, airs this date in 1949.

Lucille Ball and co-star, Richard Denning, appear My Favorite Husband “Liz Has the Flimjabsâ€, co-starring veteran supporting cast member, Frank Nelson, airs this date in 1950.

Lucille Ball appears in the Look Magazine this date in 1952.

The Lucy Show, “Lucy Conducts the Symphony†- Viv's cousin comes to visit, guest co-starring Wally Cox, and Lucy hypnotizes him to prevent stage fright; can't bring him out of it; takes his place in the symphony, airing this date in 1963.

Desi Arnaz IV with friends Dean Martin, Jr. and Billy Hinsche formed their popular musical group just before Desi's 12th birthday, late in 1964.

(“Here's Lucyâ€) “Lucy and the Gold Rush†- Kim and Craig find a rock on a geology field trip, which may contain gold, airing this date in 1968.

Lucille Ball appears on the cover of Chicago Tribune TV Week for this week in 1968.

Lucille Ball appears, as herself, on The Merv Griffin Show, on this date in 1974.

Richard Rodgers, musical genius, Too Many Girls, 1940; Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz' friend; appears with Lucille and Desi, 1956, 1958; as well as appears with Desi, 1972, dies this date in 1979.

Lucie Arnaz, stars as Sydney Wyatt, with husband, Laurence Luckinbill, as Harry McClain, in CBS'/Highgate Pictures', The Mating Season, also co-starring Swoosie Kurtz, among others, on this date in 1980.

Lucille Ball appears on CBS' The 10th Annual Kennedy Center Honors, saluting Sammy Davis, Jr., and is on hand to host the segment honoring her close friend, airs this date in 1987.

Lew Ayres, Desilu Playhouse, guest star, 1958, dies this date in 1996.

Johnny Roventini, the Philip Morris 'bellboy' in the(“I Love Lucyâ€) series, dies at 88, this date in 1998.

Still in Love with Lucy Website - Remembering Estelle Oppenheimer - by Thomas Watson - “Estelle Oppenheimer, widow of (“I Love Lucyâ€) writer/producer, Jess Oppenheimer, died on December 23. Estelle met Jess, who died December 27, 1988, an established radio writer, who was serving in the Coast Guard in 1942, and married him August 5, 1947. Two children, Joanne and Gregg survive them,†posted this date in 2007.

The Post Journal, Jamestown NY USPS Lifts Curtain On 2009 Stamps, by Randolph E. Schmid, Associated Press Writer Washington, D.C. “Folks who grew up as television came of age will delight in a 20-stamp set included in the Postal Service's plans for 2009 recalling early memories of the medium, commemorating not only black and white television, and planned for release August 11, in LA, but including (“I Love Lucyâ€) as Lucy and Ethel attempt the 'famous’ chocolate assembly line,†published this date in 2008.

December 31

Lucille Ball has been in ten films without acquiring a single screen credit; then, Roman Scandals comes along, and all is different by the last day of 1934.

Stage Door, co-starring Lucille Ball, came along by the end of 1936.

Love, Lucy, by Lucille Ball: “During a trip back east for personal appearances, I was at Rockefeller Plaza, Ice Rink, and took a 'publicity' fall; injured my spine, and spent 10 days in a NY Hospital, during December 1939.

NY Post: Glamour Boy, Desi Arnaz, Married to Lucille Ball: “Cuba's Glamour Boy, Desi Arnaz, and Lucille Ball, secretly drove to Greenwich yesterday . . . and were married there. It is the first marriage for both, and Lucille gives her birthplace as Jamestown, NYâ€, published, as several other reference sources had erroneously done, this date in 1940.

Tim Matheson, Lucille Ball co-star, one of Henry Fonda's first family in 1968 film, Yours, Mine and Ours, and guest co-star, The Lucy Show, 1972, is born this date in 1947.

(“I Love Lucyâ€) “The Adagioâ€, revolves around Ricky needing Apache dancers for his Club, and Lucy hopes for her big chance; yet another new hairdo for each Lucy and Ethel; and a different finale from episode's original script, this episode airs this date in 1951.

LA Mirror Hal Humphrey column: “She did what her mentor, Ed Sedgwick, godfather to her child, advised her to do she let herself go,†published this date in 1951.

Desilu 'business' was burgeoning, with no sign of slowing down, employing 3300, with a product of 295 half-hour TV shows, 26 of which were (“I Love Lucyâ€); one ninety-minute 'spectacular'; and one feature film, Forever Darling; and Desi had clearly developed into a top-flight executive, a television tycoon, by the end of 1955.

CBS The Lucy Show - 30-minutes, black & white this is not a misprint, nor Miss Ball's classic 1960's sitcom. The re-runs of (“I Love Lucyâ€) on Sundays had done so well for CBS, it decides to add this extra night of (“I Love Lucyâ€) re-runs on Saturdays in the very early evening. New graphics are made to reflect the change of title and sponsor this date in 1955.

Lucille Ball appears on the cover of Chicago Tribune TV Week this week in 1957-58.

On-going since March negotiations between Desilu and a National Theatres & Television (NT&T) subsidiary, National Telefilm Associates who share ownership of a number of syndicated series, and although Desi Arnaz is near acceptance for a buy-out; Lucille Ball is not; and the Arnazes abruptly reject a firm buyout offer, by this date in 1959.

Post Journal: Hollywood Edgar Penton TV Viewers Must Still Love Lucy “After nearly a decade of (“I Love Lucyâ€), which set rating records never before or since equaled by any other TV show, it is safe to say that her new video effort . . .†published this date in 1962.

The Lucy Show “Chris' New Year's Eve Party†- Chris wants to have a New Years' Party without Lucy's interference, airing this date in 1962.

Dann Cahn, producer, friend and long-time editor (“I Love Lucyâ€) had a falling-out with Desi Arnaz over voluminous material Desi had presented for screening of Land's End for network and advertising-agency executives, presenting 45-minutes of film for a 30-minute slot, this date in 1966.

Desi Arnaz Productions', Desi executive producer, The Mothers-in-Law, “Everybody Wants To Be a Writerâ€, starring Vanda Barra, as Script Girl, and Lee Millar, as Assistant Director, among others,; with regular cast members, airs this date in 1968.

Desi Arnaz IV stars in ABC TV, Love, American Style, Season 3, Episode 14 - “The Motel Mix-Upâ€, segment, co-starring, among others, Eve Arden and Florence Halop, airing this date in 1971.

(“Here's Lucyâ€) “Lucy Plays Cops and Robbersâ€, guest co-starring Gary Crosby and veteran Lucy supporting cast member, Mary Wickes, because of a recent rash of burglaries; Lucy forms a neighborhood watch yet, gets trapped in the house by the burglar; airing this date in 1973.

Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz celebrate the birth of their second grandson, Lucie Arnaz and Laurence Luckinbill's son, Joe Luckinbill, now a graduate of Shenandoah University, a songwriter/musician and multi-instrumentalist, born this date in 1982.

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: “Bad Movies We Love. How to Ring in the New York with a Festival of Flops,†published this date in 1993.

Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz appear, via archive footage, in the Documentary: ABC 2000 The Millennium, the most elaborate, complex and ambitious televison program produced. ABC News placed correspondents and production teams on every continent, anchored by Peter Jennings for 24 hours non-stop. ABC celebrated the Millennium by showing viewers the world wide Coverage, broadcast this date in 1999.

Lucille Ball's 1940 movie classic, Dance, Girl, Dance, was added to the United States National Film Registry in the Library of Congress. According to the LOC, “although there were numerous women filmmakers in the early decades of silent cinema, by the 1930s directing in Hollywood had become all-male, with one exception. Dorothy Arzner, director, often explored the conflicting roles of women in contemporary societyâ€. In Dance, Girl, Dance, Lucille Ball and Maureen O'Hara pursue life in show business from opposite ends of the spectrum: burlesque and ballet. The dancers fight for their place in the spotlight and for the love of Louis Hayward film added to the Library of Congress, in late 2007.

The Latest From Everything Lucy Blogspot - Lucy U.S. Postal Stamp for 2009 - As reported by the Associated Press, Lucy and Ethel lose their struggle with a chocolate assembly line. Folks who grew up as television came of age will delight in a 20-stamp set included in the Postal Service's plans for 2009 recalling early memories of the medium. Besides commemorating black-and-white TV, the service's 2009 postage stamp program. In a memorable scene from (“I Love Lucyâ€), Lucille Ball and sidekick, Vivian Vance (Ethel) an assembly line that speeds up and they can't wrap candy quickly enough, causing panic posted this date in 2008.

The Latest From Everything Lucy Blogspot An Evening With Lucille Ball by Walt Belcher The Tampa Tribune - “Suzanne LaRusch, the foremost Lucille Ball impressionist in the country, teamed up with Lucille Ball's daughter, Lucie Arnaz, to create a production running through January 17 at the Stratz Center in Tampa, Florida. Suzanne was playing Lucy Ricardo long before she started performing as Lucille Ball. 'The two are very different one is the actress; the other is her most famous character', LaRusch said. She portrays both in 'An Evening with Lucille Ball: Thank You for Asking', which opens in Tampa Tuesday. This presentation portrays Lucille as she was in the 1970's, giving a question and answer session about her life and career. The production is co-written, co-produced and directed by Ms. Arnaz, who will be present at the performances on January 14-16, in the Jaeb Theater at the David A. Straz, Jr., Center for the Performing Arts through the 17thâ€, posted this date in 2009.

Chautauqua County Visitors Guide - Another Reason I Love NY - Visit the Chautauqua-Allegheny Region - www.tourchautauqua.com - Chautauqua County Visitors' Bureau, Publisher - page 7 - “lucy-desi center - Laugh and learn with the first couple of comedy at the Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Center, in Lucy's hometown of Jamestown. As business partners and founders of Desilu Productions', Lucille and Desi revolutionized TV, film, and comedy. Seen somewhere in the world 24 hours a day; seven days a week, in 80 countries and in 22 languages. ('I Love Lucy') was the first television show to be filmed before a live audience, with three cameras; to feature an interracial couple; to show a pregnant woman playing a pregnant woman; and to reach over 10,000,000 homes. Learn about these innovations, as well as how laughter can be the best medicine at the new Lucy-Desi Museum and Desilu Playhouse. Open year-round, except major holidays. lucy-desi.com-LUCY-FAN; page 9 - Advertisement - 'Visit Lucy's Hometown, Jamestown, NY - Enjoy Exhibits, Interactive Displays, Memorabilia, Video at Lucy-Desi Museum & Gift Shop 10 W. 3rd St., - 'A Tribute to the First Couple of Comedy' - Desilu Playhouse & Gift Shop 2 W. 3rd St., - 'The ('I Love Lucy') Museum - 2010 Events - Check our website www.lucy-desi.com - often for upcoming event information! - Open daily year-found (except major holidays) 10-4 M-W & Sat 10-5:30; Th-F 10-5:30; 1-5 Sun - Winter Hours: M-Sat 10-4; toll-free: 1/877-LUCYFAN (582-9326; page 14 - May 28-30 - 9a-11p - Lucy-Desi Fan Appreciation Days - 716-484-0800; August 6-8 - 9a-11p - Lucille Ball's Birthday & New Comedy Celebration,†published for 2010.

Lueie Arnaz, stars as the voice of Jack's mother; in Creative Group's Henry and Me, an animated family film, written by David I. Stern, and directed by Barrett Esposito, in post-production, also starring Richard Gere, the voice of Henry; Luis Guzman, voice of Lefty Gomez; Chazz Palminteri, voice of Babe Ruth; Danny Aiello, voice of Dr. Acosta; Cyndi Lauper, voice of Nurse #1; Paul Simon, voice of Thurmon Munson; as well as the 'actual voices' of many baseball 'greats'; among many others, the story of a young boy (Austin Williams, voice of Jack) battling illness, and taken on a magical adventure by a stranger named Henry, on which journey, the boy meets New York Yankee legends, both past and present, who give him lessons about baseball and life, film to be released in 2011.

Archived