Bosom Buddies Re-Edit

Neil

Mixed the Bosom Buddies audio track of the movie version  with the Broadway cast CD.  Here are the results.  A positive blend?  You decide.   

With a 4-note difference in keys, it was a challenge and I met them somewhere in the middle.

(For the record, the OBC of Bosom Buddies is in F#, Angela's key, but way to high for Bea.  The movie starts in  D but modulates to Eb mid-song)

I tagged the end of the BB reprise to the end. 

And in response to those wags who always point it out: yes, I have way too much time on my hands.

Youtube has taken down a couple of my uploads that include the OBC tracks of Mame, so we'll see if this one stays up. 

• Like 1

Mixed the Bosom Buddies audio track of the movie version  with the Broadway cast CD.  Here are the results.  A positive blend?  You decide.   

With a 4-note difference in keys, it was a challenge and I met them somewhere in the middle.

(For the record, the OBC of Bosom Buddies is in F#, Angela's key, but way to high for Bea.  The movie starts in  D but modulates to Eb mid-song)

I tagged the end of the BB reprise to the end. 

And in response to those wags who always point it out: yes, I have way too much time on my hands.

Youtube has taken down a couple of my uploads that include the OBC tracks of Mame, so we'll see if this one stays up. 

Get outta my head, Neil!! :blink:

Okay all kidding aside Neil I have to admit this is quite impressive! Kudos to you and thanks for taking it on... now I'm curious how many hours you devoted to it as it must not have been easy to match (mix?) the vocals from a different source to the video from the film.

I find it a little ironic (if not annoying!) that the OBC recording -- which was what, a good 5 or so years prior to the film soundtrack version? -- is noticeably, vastly superior (high) fidelity-wise compared to the latter, which makes no sense to me since recording techniques, etc. are always changing & improving over time, so it kinda makes me think those employed for the film version were not quite...top notch, for lack of better way to put it.

Now did I hear correctly and in some spots you had Angela's voice coming out of (or was it mixed in with?) Lucy's mouth?? My lord I hope she never sees this if that's the case (no offense), she'll faint! :blink:

Did you also employ some "tricks" video-wise to get the sound to match the audio? You did an exemplary job, making it look very believeable -- particularly with Bea -- that the OBC soundtrack was what we heard in lieu of the OMPS vocals in most of it.  (The only exception I noticed was one or two of Lucy's "spoken" lines, but then they weren't "perfectly" synced to match in the final film either!)

Most enjoyable and kudos for a very impressive effort.  Now, maybe you could use this to sell your services to Warner Bros. for a long-overdue Blu-ray release of the film which should as one of its selling points be a vastly improved (which this proves is actually possible!) remixed/remastered/upgraded soundtrack to the film, as the original is wanting and quite lacking in "high fidelity"!

Bravo! :peachonthebeach: