When did Cindy Brady become such a hateful brat?

LittleRickyII

LittleRickyII, on 11 Dec 2016 - 7:15 PM, said:

I don't think Mr. and Mrs. Brady would approve.  Cindy can run off into the sunset now with Chachi and they can spend their lives miserably ever after.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/susan-olsen-homophobic-rant-talk-show_us_584c749be4b0bd9c3dfd1fb3

This is too bizarre, especially considering the heartfelt tribute she wrote about Robert Reed three years ago.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2302178/Susan-Olsen-says-gay-killed-Brady-Bunch-father-Robert-Reed-heartfelt-online-tribute.html

Hard to know what to believe here.

This is too bizarre, especially considering the heartfelt tribute she wrote about Robert Reed three years ago.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2302178/Susan-Olsen-says-gay-killed-Brady-Bunch-father-Robert-Reed-heartfelt-online-tribute.html

Well she has in fact been fired, which you have to conclude means that the homophobic, vulgar message Mr. Acord-Whiting released was actually written by her.  And I have to assume she did make those fact-less statements on air that Mr. Acord-Whiting had been objecting to.  Otherwise, she wouldn't have responded the way she did.  But I agree it is difficult to reconcile these recent statements with what she wrote less than four years ago, in March of 2013.

By the same token, it's equally difficult for me to reconcile the country I grew up in with the one that just elected Donald Trump.  My own mother is saying stuff now that would not have come out of her mouth a few years ago.  Something insidious is going on in this country.  I assume much of it is aided by the proliferation of "fake news" on both social media and talk radio.  The acceptance of information without facts to support it, the anti-intellectualism and rejection of science and rejection of legitimate journalism -- it's as if half the country is being brainwashed.  We have entered a very dark period in our nation's history and it may prove to be its undoing.

• Like 1

I know I'm conflicted; I didn't see this coming at all - we have mutual friends & acquaintances who are not only openly gay etc. and she seemed not only open and accepting but quite close to them so if this is in fact true, her language and "threats" are not only surprising but shocking and appalling.  Still having a hard time wrapping my head around it..... and with Flo's recent passing -- who was DEFINITELY accepting and loving e.g. particularly protective of her former TV husband, all the more upsetting as "Mama Brady" would so not approve! Sad. :lucyblah:

• Like 1

By the same token, it's equally difficult for me to reconcile the country I grew up in with the one that just elected Donald Trump.  My own mother is saying stuff now that would not have come out of her mouth a few years ago.  Something insidious is going on in this country.  I assume much of it is aided by the proliferation of "fake news" on both social media and talk radio.  The acceptance of information without facts to support it, the anti-intellectualism and rejection of science and rejection of legitimate journalism -- it's as if half the country is being brainwashed.  We have entered a very dark period in our nation's history and it may prove to be its undoing.

I hear you on that one. It's really hard to figure out what is going on in the U.S. anymore. Or the world for that matter. I know it's important to keep well informed, but current events, as they are, are just so negative and bizarre that I can't stomach it right now. For my own sanity, I'm keeping inside a bubble for the time being. Sure, I peek out, but whenever I do, I get right back in!

I don't know what's going to happen, but I hope the world gets a big wake-up call soon. A positive wake-up call that encourages empathy, compassion and responsibility.

• Like 1

I hear you on that one. It's really hard to figure out what is going on in the U.S. anymore. Or the world for that matter. I know it's important to keep well informed, but current events, as they are, are just so negative and bizarre that I can't stomach it right now. For my own sanity, I'm keeping inside a bubble for the time being. Sure, I peek out, but whenever I do, I get right back in!

I don't know what's going to happen, but I hope the world gets a big wake-up call soon. A positive wake-up call that encourages empathy, compassion and responsibility.

I hate to get political in a forum that should/is primarily about fun & entertainment but since we're talking about it.... my only guess is that since our next Leader of the Free World seems to be teflon-coated and can say and behave in a manner which others would normally taken to task for, it seems to me it's made it "okay" if not downright acceptable for folks to say and act out how they really feel despite the fact that just a year or so ago so much of what is being said and acted out would not be considered "politically correct"!  While occasionally I  think we can BE a little "too" PC, I'd relish about now a return to that time and way of thinking since I think we've gone far too far the OTHER way and are forgetting how to treat people with the respect they deserve. 

Just my two centavos. :peachonthebeach:

• Like 1

Thanks, Joey; for your 2 cents worth;  I'd like to share MINE; when I was teaching my 4 children to drive, as my father did me;

here's what my children heard - it carries over into EVERYTHING - just think about it:  The 3C's:

Caution, Confidence, Courtesy - the THREE NECESSITIES in EVERYTHING; and no order; each is as important than the other!

​WHADDYA THINK?  Love, JK :D