Second City Christmas with Lucy

Neil

2nd City was such a wild TV show.   Brilliant but they just go from one crazy thing to another.  Wildly creative.  Who else would insert a Christmas song to the tune of Mame?

Lucy is very hard to imitate.  People who do older Lucy exaggerate the gruffness of her voice, but I have to grudgingly admit that Catherine O'Hara has a few of older Lucy's expressions down.

• Like 1

2nd City was such a wild TV show.   Brilliant but they just go from one crazy thing to another.  Wildly creative.  Who else would insert a Christmas song to the tune of Mame?

Lucy is very hard to imitate.  People who do older Lucy exaggerate the gruffness of her voice, but I have to grudgingly admit that Catherine O'Hara has a few of older Lucy's expressions down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX5h-fpc9Zc

I can't say I find the sketch especially amusing but O'Hara's certainly got the look down!

When did this air? Never heard of this. Was Lucy alive? I remember her liking Katie and Allie parody but don't recall her reaction to SNL

I looked up SC TV and deduced this ran some time in the 82-83 season, the only one that featured both O'Hara and Martin Short.

SC was syndicated from 1977 to 81. On NBC late night Fridays (12:30 to 2am!) from 81 to 83, then on Cinemax for one more year.

I hope she did NOT see this.

I looked up SC TV and deduced this ran some time in the 82-83 season, the only one that featured both O'Hara and Martin Short.

SC was syndicated from 1977 to 81. On NBC late night Fridays (12:30 to 2am!) from 81 to 83, then on Cinemax for one more year.

I hope she did NOT see this.

Why not? She had a good sense of humor... and it wasn't so much disparaging as it was pretty on the mark! :blink: