Dinah 11_16_1977

Will

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3rka4h_dinah-11-16-1977-lucille-ball-elizabeth-taylor_tv

Lucy having fun with Dinah as usual.  I wish I could see all her interviews with her.  I have seen the 1975 clip and on Youtube (now gone) was a 1976 interview.  Dinah and Merv Griffin are the best interviewers of Lucy others don't loosen her up and she is not as relaxed as here.  I haven't seen Phil Donahue 1974 one in a while but I think he was great with her too.

Thank you so much for posting this. I loved it. I’ve heard Lucy tell the Eisenhower receiving line story before but the added bit with the Johnson story is new and totally hilarious. I wonder what Liz would have added to the girls discussion at the end if she would have been there. And what’s the deal Liz, couldn’t bother to show up for a little afternoon talk show? Ella is such a quiet lady. I sort of felt bad that she wasn’t getting too much attention during the Q and A with the cards but when Dinah did ask her stuff she didn’t seem to have a lot to say. I’ve never really watched anything with Beverly Sills but I like her. She could hold her own with these ladies. Everyone there was so appreciative of each other’s talent. Lucy was her sassy self and I loved the virgin until marriage discussion.

And you are correct. Dinah and Merv really had a way of making her relax and she could just be herself and honest with them.

I agree Ella is so shy and seems like decoration. Beverly Sills I never seen before but she has a great personality. Lucy steals the show though. She is so funny being herself. Some claim she had no humor but this proves them wrong

There are so many times I've seen her on these talk shows and she's a riot. I can't believe these friends that kept saying she wasn't funny or witty. Maybe it's because she let the husband take the lead when in social company.