Decades Lucy Show marathon again Feb. 25-27

Neil

They're running the entire first three seasons in order from "Lucy Waits Up for Chris" Saturday at 10am to "Lucy the Disc Jockey" Sunday-middle of night-Monday 3:30am.  By my count, 84 episodes.  

Other than "The Doris Day Show", I don't know of another series that changed so much from beginning to end.   With the exception of a cast member dying like Bea Benedaret of "Petticoat Junction". 

My only "over the air" access to HL currently is over the crappy COZI "network", which sadly, not only do they seem choppily edited, but they omit entirely the written and directed by credits at the top of the show and the end credits entirely save for the now-iconic Hirschfeld-drawn logo at the very end.  Oy!! :lucyeww:

Can't wait to get my hands on my Complete Series box again!!! :blink:

The Decades Lucy Show marathon is currently getting towards the end of the first season.  The opening credits alternate between the original 1st season stick figures and the b/w  version of the 4th season kaleidoscope opening.

I just watched "Lucy Drives a Dump Truck" , not an episode that's ever recognized as a good one, but I thought it was GREAT. Hilarious, from start to finish.  I think this is Dick Reeve's only LS appearance and he delivers his "Welcome to Brewster" line with appropriate sarcasm. 

The Decades Lucy Show marathon is currently getting towards the end of the first season.  The opening credits alternate between the original 1st season stick figures and the b/w  version of the 4th season kaleidoscope opening.

I just watched "Lucy Drives a Dump Truck" , not an episode that's ever recognized as a good one, but I thought it was GREAT. Hilarious, from start to finish.  I think this is Dick Reeve's only LS appearance and he delivers his "Welcome to Brewster" line with appropriate sarcasm. 

I noticed how they replaced the opening with the 4th season opening in black or white- I wonder why they did that- The animated stick figures would have been great to see and would have made it even more "appealing"? considering the prints shown looked like third copies from the 70s lol I've never seen the show change colors so many times in between scenes -the tint kept changing- It made me appreciate The DVDs and all of the hard work put into them.

I think seeing The Lucy Show with regular commercial breaks as appose to binge-watching with no interruptions, gives the shows and plots a different feel 

They're running the entire first three seasons in order from "Lucy Waits Up for Chris" Saturday at 10am to "Lucy the Disc Jockey" Sunday-middle of night-Monday 3:30am.  By my count, 84 episodes.  

Other than "The Doris Day Show", I don't know of another series that changed so much from beginning to end.   With the exception of a cast member dying like Bea Benedaret of "Petticoat Junction". 

The Joey Bishop Show.  Not only did it go through cast changes every several months during the first two years, and a complete format change between S1 and S2 --  character Joey Barnes transforms from a single public relations guy in Los Angeles living with his mother and sisters to a newly married TV star living in Manhattan; it's vague whether this is the same person -- but it also went from black and white to color then back to black and white again.  What other show ever did that?

• Like 1