"I Love Lucy" themed wedding contest

chedderchester

I read in my newspaper today that a local couple from my area (Rochester NY) is trying to win an "I Love Lucy" themed wedding. Cool, huh? It would take place on July 30th, "on what would've been Lucille Ball's 100th birthday." Uh, that ain't the right date!

Furthermore, it takes place in Jamestown and the reception would be in the Tropicana Room and there would be a free honeymoon. The couple in the picture was surrounded by I Love Lucy memorabilia. The girl grew up watching the reruns with her mother and now it's a family tradition that they all gather together to watch reruns and/or dvd. At least that's one family who's love for Lucy will never die, no matter what generation this is!

That WOULD be the coolest wedding. Aside from a "Willy Wonka" themed wedding that was here years ago. If I was related to the guy or girl I would be SO excited!

I hope I can go to Jamestown next summer for Lucille Ball's 100th birthday celebrations.

• 1 month later...

I read in my newspaper today that a local couple from my area (Rochester NY) is trying to win an "I Love Lucy" themed wedding. Cool, huh? It would take place on July 30th, "on what would've been Lucille Ball's 100th birthday." Uh, that ain't the right date!

Furthermore, it takes place in Jamestown and the reception would be in the Tropicana Room and there would be a free honeymoon. The couple in the picture was surrounded by I Love Lucy memorabilia. The girl grew up watching the reruns with her mother and now it's a family tradition that they all gather together to watch reruns and/or dvd. At least that's one family who's love for Lucy will never die, no matter what generation this is!

That WOULD be the coolest wedding. Aside from a "Willy Wonka" themed wedding that was here years ago. If I was related to the guy or girl I would be SO excited!

I hope I can go to Jamestown next summer for Lucille Ball's 100th birthday celebrations.

Jessica and Ben from Rochester lost. They were the only couple that showed up for the announcement in Jamestown. They were also their for the Valentine celebration and Jessica is a museum member. How sad?? They should have won. And yes, the date is wrong for Lucy's birthday....

What were the criteria for winning?

Maybe the Center thought the other contestants would cause a stink if the only member couple won?

The criteria was voting on line. Don't know how they did it, but the winning couple is from Ohio. The couples had to make a video and fill out a 20 page application. It was all on line to read.

The criteria was voting on line. Don't know how they did it, but the winning couple is from Ohio. The couples had to make a video and fill out a 20 page application. It was all on line to read.

[/quo

my fiance and I were the couple from Rochester. I was always a big supporter of the center and travel to Jamestown at least once every year. I have attended many of the festivals.

It was online votes that determined the winner. The winning couple won by over 6,000 votes, he is an IT director hmmmmm....

We were the only couple to actually show up to the announcement event. We are from Rochester and live 2.5 hours from Jamestown. Winning couple also lives 2.5 hours from Jamestown and didn't show up

we were strongly encouraged to attend the event and were used to fill radio air time for over 2 hours!!!! After they announced that we lost the put us on the radio again and had us open our consolation prize in front of the press. Pretty much everyone in the room was crying after we lost. What should have been a happy event turned out to be a real downer because all they could get to show up was 1 of 5 couples and we had lost!

We are still hoping to have a very special "Lucy" wedding if all the details can be worked out it will be much better then a Tropicana room wedding

After they announced that we lost the put us on the radio again and had us open our consolation prize in front of the press. Pretty much everyone in the room was crying after we lost. What should have been a happy event turned out to be a real downer because all they could get to show up was 1 of 5 couples and we had lost!

I'm sorry that you lost but hope at least your consolation prize was cool!

Maybe they should give you a free pass to the 100th Birthday celebration as a honeymoon gift! :lucythrill:

• 2 months later...

remember the Lucille Ball Hometown Wedding Contest: there were 5 finalist couples that were trying win a wedding to celebrate Lucy's 100th birthday. The wedding will take place July 30th at the Tropicana. The 4 couples that did not win were to receive an "all expense paid trip to Jamestown" This is what they received:2 nights at the dunkirk clarion with a $50 credit to the hotel restaurant, 2 passes to the roger troy peterson institute, 2 passes to the Robert H. Jackson Center, 2 passes to the audubon center

The hotel is not even in Jamestown!!!! and no free passes to the museum or playhouse! The Lucy Desi Center was a sponser for this contest!

One couple is from LA and another is from Mississippi. The will have to pay for airfare and a $50 restaurant credit will not cover meals for a weekend. So I guess this is their idea of an all expense paid weekend. All the couples took time out of their lives to do tv, newspaper and radio interviews to promote the center and this is what the received in return!

remember the Lucille Ball Hometown Wedding Contest: there were 5 finalist couples that were trying win a wedding to celebrate Lucy's 100th birthday. The wedding will take place July 30th at the Tropicana. The 4 couples that did not win were to receive an "all expense paid trip to Jamestown" This is what they received:2 nights at the dunkirk clarion with a $50 credit to the hotel restaurant, 2 passes to the roger troy peterson institute, 2 passes to the Robert H. Jackson Center, 2 passes to the audubon center

The hotel is not even in Jamestown!!!! and no free passes to the museum or playhouse! The Lucy Desi Center was a sponser for this contest!

One couple is from LA and another is from Mississippi. The will have to pay for airfare and a $50 restaurant credit will not cover meals for a weekend. So I guess this is their idea of an all expense paid weekend. All the couples took time out of their lives to do tv, newspaper and radio interviews to promote the center and this is what the received in return!

THIS IS HYSTERICAL. NO PASSES TO THE CENTER. THAT IS VERY SAD. SEND THEM TO LUCY LANE AND I WILL LET THEM IN:)

• 1 month later...

Thank God, YOU're there to always make things RIGHT! :peachonthebeach::professor::lucydesi::ill:

Felony Entertainment LLC, Will be the featured musical entertainment for Lucille Ball Hometown wedding reception in the Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Museum. This reception venues will honor Desi Arnaz's Latin heritage. Come join us and let Felony Entertainment's 15 years of experience provide a memorable experience for all.

FELONY entertainment!!! lol

Felony Entertainment LLC, Will be the featured musical entertainment for Lucille Ball Hometown wedding reception in the Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Museum. This reception venues will honor Desi Arnaz's Latin heritage. Come join us and let Felony Entertainment's 15 years of experience provide a memorable experience for all.

FELONY entertainment!!! lol

That's an unfortunate name. LOL

It could be worse -- they could be called Alimony Entertainment LLC, but I have a hunch that would be a bad omen for the winning couple.

• 1 month later...

And then they...GRABBED A HANDFUL OF NIAGARA FALLS!

Contest winners spending honeymoon in Niagara

Attractions, dinner, shopping await “I Love Lucy” fans

Staff Reports Niagara Gazette

NIAGARA FALLS — One lucky Ohio couple is spending their honeymoon in Niagara Falls after winning the national MediaOneBridal.com, Lucille Ball Hometown Wedding Competition.

The Niagara Tourism and Convention Corp. (NTCC) welcomed Troy Litwiler and Tricia Kren of Poland, Ohio, on Sunday, for a seven-day, six-night honeymoon. The couple won their wedding and honeymoon in a national contest to honor the 100th birthday of Lucille Ball, the star of the television program “I Love Lucy.”

As self-described “huge fans” of the popular television program, Tricia and Troy submitted a video and 20-page application detailing why they’d like to have a 1950’s “I Love Lucy” inspired wedding and honeymoon. Following this past Saturday’s wedding at the Lucille Ball, Desi Arnaz Center in Jamestown, the couple traveled to Niagara Falls.

“Our agency is keenly aware of the value of participating in national contests and events such as this which will place Niagara USA in the spotlight as a premier wedding and honeymoon destination,” said John Percy, president and CEO of the NTCC.

As part of the honeymoon package, the NTCC has worked with local tourism partners to provide the couple with the following:

Discovery Passes (Maid of the Mist, Cave of the Winds, etc.), accommodations at the Barton Hill Hotel and Spa, All-American Tour provided by Grayline Tours, Vino Visa Passports, passes to Old Fort Niagara, Whirlpool Jet Boat, Niagara Falls Wax Museum, Lockport Locks and Herschell Carrousel Museum, a horse-drawn carriage by International Weddings & Carriage Rides, dinner at Casa Antiqa, The Bakery and Top of the Falls Restaurant, a gift certificate to Angel-to-Apple Clothing Boutique and a Fashion Outlets gift card.

http://niagara-gazette.com/communities/x50799503/Contest-winners-spending-honeymoon-in-Niagara

Archived