Looking for help locating final resting places of Lucy co-stars!

I hope somebody here can help me. I am going to LA at the end of the month and am trying to locate some of these people but am not finding much help.

Does anybody know where in Forest Lawn Hollywood Hills Doris Singleton is buried? How about Shirley Mitchell in Westwood? Or Louis Nicoletti in Holy Cross?

Find a grave only lists the cemeteries for these but no location.

Also does anybody know about the burials for Jess Oppenheimer or Bob Weiskopf?

Hoping to visit as many as I can!

thanks in advance!

I hope somebody here can help me. I am going to LA at the end of the month and am trying to locate some of these people but am not finding much help.

Does anybody know where in Forest Lawn Hollywood Hills Doris Singleton is buried? How about Shirley Mitchell in Westwood? Or Louis Nicoletti in Holy Cross?

Find a grave only lists the cemeteries for these but no location.

Also does anybody know about the burials for Jess Oppenheimer or Bob Weiskopf?

Hoping to visit as many as I can!

thanks in advance!

All I know is that "Milton Berle Hides Out at the Ricardo's" co-star Larry Keating in buried somewhere in my hometown Portland Oregon.

I have no idea why but one of these days I'm going to find his grave.    Larry is really an underrated performer, IMO.

His work on Burns and Allen continues to astound me, if for nothing else, being able to remember those tongue-twisting lines.  

When you can lend 'class' to a show about a talking horse, that's really an accomplishment.    And Keating did.  

• Like 2

Love Larry watch him on Mister Ed and Burns & Allen everyday but that doesn't help my search, LOL

Well that's Neil... helpful to a fault. :blink:

There's a WUNDAFUL site with many links for folks whether visiting the LA area for the first time or those who need a good reference tool for reminders of things to do, places to go, events upcoming, etc. etc. called "Seeing Stars":

http://www.seeing-stars.com/index.shtml

One of the many links off the main page is one right up your alley for finding various stars' resting places,

"Where the Stars are Buried":

http://www.seeing-stars.com/Buried/index.shtml

What's nice about this section is it explains how you can respectfully go about looking for and paying respects to the various inhabitants at the various locations, along with the who's where, etc. etc.... this alone should be pretty much all you need to find who, what, where, etc. and the entire site bears review as you'll probably have a much more "time effective" visit -- especially if it's brief to begin with -- in order to organize your time.

Please don't get too discouraged if you can't locate everyone you'd like after all, you're looking for folks that while famous/familiar to you (by name), are not going to be as recognizible to some since they were "behind the scenes" so to speak (Oppenheimer, Weiskopf) as say the recently departed Debbie Reynolds and Carrie Fisher! :HALKING:

If I may add my two centavos after having lived there over ten years (and stupidly, relocating for even stupider reasons) and based upon my time there and assorted personal 'speriences:

Be careful/leery of any of those "Maps to the Hollywood Stars" vendors as 1) they're ridiculously overpriced and 2) notoriously inaccurate.  You'd probably do better using Google etc. to "track down" the locales of your desired stars' addresses; same for the bus tours:  one is usually enough if you must but I found they were not always "accurate" (truthful?) about whose house you were supposedly in front if/going by!  Remember too, so many properties are gated that you can neither get very close to see who/what you want nor see much of anything anyway!

I don't know whether you're interested in seeing any living familiar faces, but I found that although it's never a sure thing, often you could "run into" a famous, or semi-famous person in public at any number of places, but hanging out in the "hood" where they likely lived nearby or near where they work increases your odds:  Whenever I spent any length of time in Studio City for example, I almost invariably "spotted" a "celebrity" either at the local Peet's Coffee, CVS Pharmacy, Bookstar bookstore and several other establishments in the area. 

Nearby is a great place for breakfast and/or lunch, Vivian's Millenium Cafe, where you may be seated next to "someone" and at the very least, likely be waited on by Leah Remini's sister Shannon or seated by their stepfather George because the family owns and runs the restaurant -- food's great too!  The thing is, from the Valley to Beverly Hills and everywhere in-between you can have an "encounter" where you least expect it, which just makes it all the more exciting. 

The Grove at Farmer's Market is another great place to not only hang out, people watch, shop and eat, you're very likely to run into someone there, too (handy hint: if ever you spot someone, male or female, with a baseball cap with the bill curled and pulled way down to try and cover their face a bit, look closely: it may very possibly be someone "famous" trying to go "incognito" -- just be polite!  Remember, many of them spook easily!!). 

Also, I'd highly recommend spending some time at the Paley Center for Media in Beverly Hills if you have the time: there's always a fun exhibit or two on display, and it's an actual library housing thousands of hours of vintage, rare and rarely-seen archived television and even a gift shop that (at least it used to) has some cool, Paley-exclusive items like DVDs of their famed star-studded panels and events.

Take a thorough gander at the many links of the "Stars" site and you should find countless helpful information.

Sure hope this helps!  HAVE FUN!! I envy you going and hope you have a GREAT time!!! :HALKING:

• Like 1