Happy Independence Day!

Went to a friend of 60 years annual 4th PARTY; usually minimally attended by about 10 'other elder' friends;

THIS YEAR, suddenly we were inundated with a gaggle of 'teen'-agers; not that I'm against youth; but, private party on the Lake, moving in with a huge 100+# dog [which immediately started harassing the 'owners' little dog!!!!]; and friends THEY had invited was a bit much.  The 'invited ones' were the hostess' son and grandchildren (2) + huge dog; then, many 'others' (invited, apparently by the son began filtering in - YIKES!)

I hope my own children weren't as brazen to invite themselves to any adult private parties in their teen years!  Guess I'll never know; but, how the heck are we raising children these days; certainly, NOT with respect for their elders (but, we 'old people' were outnumbered 3 to 1!)  And....I don't believe any of them had been fed for at least a week prior!!!!!  The last straw was hostess' son coming on porch where adults at least had comfy chairs; and changed our Frank Sinatra music to some damn jamming thing; that didn't last long, however.  tee hee

Must be getting old. 

Otherwise, a lovely weather day on the Lake Chautauqua, and guess the 'teens' stayed for fireworks at 10:00 p.m.; I was many hours at home by 10!!!!  It was nice and quiet at home; where, apparently, I should have STAYED!!!!

• Like 1

Went to a friend of 60 years annual 4th PARTY; usually minimally attended by about 10 'other elder' friends;

THIS YEAR, suddenly we were inundated with a gaggle of 'teen'-agers; not that I'm against youth; but, private party on the Lake, moving in with a huge 100+# dog [which immediately started harassing the 'owners' little dog!!!!]; and friends THEY had invited was a bit much.  The 'invited ones' were the hostess' son and grandchildren (2) + huge dog; then, many 'others' (invited, apparently by the son began filtering in - YIKES!)

I hope my own children weren't as brazen to invite themselves to any adult private parties in their teen years!  Guess I'll never know; but, how the heck are we raising children these days; certainly, NOT with respect for their elders (but, we 'old people' were outnumbered 3 to 1!)  And....I don't believe any of them had been fed for at least a week prior!!!!!  The last straw was hostess' son coming on porch where adults at least had comfy chairs; and changed our Frank Sinatra music to some damn jamming thing; that didn't last long, however.  tee hee

Must be getting old. 

Otherwise, a lovely weather day on the Lake Chautauqua, and guess the 'teens' stayed for fireworks at 10:00 p.m.; I was many hours at home by 10!!!!  It was nice and quiet at home; where, apparently, I should have STAYED!!!!

When I was a kid and my parents had parties, my siblings and I were sent to the other end of the house with strict instructions to neither be seen nor heard.  The only time I remember violating those orders in any way was during an ice storm that caused all the power in the house (and town) to go out.  It was at night and we were in complete darkness with no heat.

When my parents have a party I try to avoid it at all costs. This means get out of the house or at least have my own friends over. For whatever reason my parents' friends think it's funny to offer me drinks (They literally don't do it with anyone else my age. What's so funny about drinking boxed wine with a high school student? Especially me?) Hopefully the kids Joyce encountered weren't all that bad- even if they did play "that damn jamming thing" :)

• Like 2

When I was a kid and my parents had parties, my siblings and I were sent to the other end of the house with strict instructions to neither be seen nor heard.  The only time I remember violating those orders in any way was during an ice storm that caused all the power in the house (and town) to go out.  It was at night and we were in complete darkness with no heat.

Times surely have changed!!!!  Thanks for responding, LRII  :fabrary:   :D 

• Like 1

When my parents have a party I try to avoid it at all costs. This means get out of the house or at least have my own friends over. For whatever reason my parents' friends think it's funny to offer me drinks (They literally don't do it with anyone else my age. What's so funny about drinking boxed wine with a high school student? Especially me?) Hopefully the kids Joyce encountered weren't all that bad- even if they did play "that damn jamming thing" :)

Keep forgetting how YOUNG you are!! Just goes to show Lucy fans come in all shapes, sizes, etc. etc.... and it's nice to have you here and may I say that you are obviously very intelligent and articulate and I always enjoy your posts, comments and contributions.  So glad you are here! :peachonthebeach:

• Like 3

Keep forgetting how YOUNG you are!! Just goes to show Lucy fans come in all shapes, sizes, etc. etc.... and it's nice to have you here and may I say that you are obviously very intelligent and articulate and I always enjoy your posts, comments and contributions.  So glad you are here! :peachonthebeach:

Well said.  I had NO idea Freddie was that young.

• Like 1

None of the 'teenies' were trying to drink or were out of control in any way; JUST SAYIN';  there's a place for everyone; and everyone in his place; no one disappeared to get some drugs; it was not as bad as I indicated; but, at my age, and several of the other 'elder' of us, that many little ones is WAY TOO MANY......  They actually were well behaved; it was just the numbers of them (I think I counted about 12; ONLY 8 adults!!!!; and the amount of food each put on his/her plate!!!! 

We all got through it..... AND....we had CONTROL of the music after one of them changed it to their choice and made the mistake of walking away and back to his own group, we had  control of the 'porch music'!!!!    :HALKING:  :fabrary:

• Like 1

Well said.  I had NO idea Freddie was that young.

Right back at ya!  :D

Right?? Wonder if he shaves?? :lucythrill:

Gee, it's like Claude never left!