Maureen O'Hara (NOT DEAD!) talks Lucy & Desi in new TV interview

Brock

Great interview and good on her for not naming the actors/actresses she didn't get along with, that's very noble of her. So.......I find out that Maureen was also a Technicolor beauty! I thought Lucy was the only Technicolour Tessie ;-) It's funny actually cause she dresses similar to how Lucy dressed in interviews in her final years and almost has that Lucy look about her in her later years.

GREAT interview, and everybody should look THAT great at ninety!!!!! She speaks so well and is so alert for her age and her looks, well, class personified. I agree with you Joe, but how would you feel if you had to go to each of those NOT DEAD threads and they didn't say that and you feared this or that star had died?

GREAT interview, and everybody should look THAT great at ninety!!!!! She speaks so well and is so alert for her age and her looks, well, class personified. I agree with you Joe, but how would you feel if you had to go to each of thsoe NOT DEAD threads and they didn't say that and you feared this or that star had died?

I'd just "google" and find out! As for Miss O'Hara, simply stunning. Hard to believe it's 90, 80 maybe but jeez!! Maybe she and Miss White should make a film together...?? Something tells me they'd get on like houseafire...or whatever that expression is! obrien.gif

I'd just "google" and find out! As for Miss O'Hara, simply stunning. Hard to believe it's 90, 80 maybe but jeez!! Maybe she and Miss White should make a film together...?? Something tells me they'd get on like houseafire...or whatever that expression is! obrien.gif

Oh sure, you admit you'd GOOGLE Ms O'Hara, yet still claim you didn't ogle lustily Ms Francis? :lucythrill:

Oh sure, you admit you'd GOOGLE Ms O'Hara, yet still claim you didn't ogle lustily Ms Francis? :lucythrill:

Oh honey, I'll "google" anything if it sits still long enough! obrien.gif

But seriously folks....as with my many "boy crushes" (or so I thought) back in the day before I finally admitted which way the wind was really blowing (ahem) -- mostly directed at (but certainly unrequited by) -- lovely TV heroines of the day, first and foremost the still lovely Shirley Jones, along with Barbara Eden and Elizabeth Montgomery, but I don't think I ever looked at Miss Francis that way (I was too young).

Happily, I've been fortunate enough and thrilled to pieces in the ensuing years to meet two of the three ladies (sadly, one would prove not meant to be as she died much too young) and they could not have been lovelier. It was truly worth the wait!

lucythrill.JPG

Oh honey, I'll "google" anything if it sits still long enough! obrien.gif

But seriously folks....as with my many "boy crushes" (or so I thought) back in the day before I finally admitted which way the wind was really blowing (ahem) -- mostly directed at (but certainly unrequited by) -- lovely TV heroines of the day, first and foremost the still lovely Shirley Jones, along with Barbara Eden and Elizabeth Montgomery, but I don't think I ever looked at Miss Francis that way (I was too young).

Happily, I've been fortunate enough and thrilled to pieces in the ensuing years to meet two of the three ladies (sadly, one would prove not meant to be as she died much too young) and they could not have been lovelier. It was truly worth the wait!

lucythrill.JPG

I know, lucky bastard, i was thinking of that pic of you with Shirley when i saw you mention her name, you are one lucky so and so, to have met them, i will go to my grave never having met mine, hope there's an afterlife so i can do it then.

Here's a great (and funny) new TV interview (new as of November 2010) with Maureen O'Hara in which she talks about going on the Dance, Girl, Dance publicity tour with Lucy:

http://www.tv3.ie/videos.php?video=29181&locID=1.65.74&date=2010-11-11&date_mode=&page=2&show_cal=2&newspanel=&showspanel=&web_only=&full_episodes

Brock: Can you expand on THIS interview (I have no speakers on my computer) - for instance, WHERE is TV3? Who is the Alan in the interview; EXACT date of interview, etc., for inclusion into the chronology....thanks....Joyce

• 1 month later...

Archived