Bewitched reboot coming from ABC

Brock

I'm getting tired of the term 'reboot' being thrown around to describe everything nowadays.

If it's the same characters being played by new actors with a whole new vision, it's a remake. If it's the same actors coming back in a continuation of the original, that's not the same thing. Reboot is what you do to your computer after installing new software :P

23 minutes ago, Mot Morenzi said:

I'm getting tired of the term 'reboot' being thrown around to describe everything nowadays.

If it's the same characters being played by new actors with a whole new vision, it's a remake. If it's the same actors coming back in a continuation of the original, that's not the same thing. Reboot is what you do to your computer after installing new software :P

Maybe Erin Murphy will be drafted in to play Durwood 4.0's mother.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, JoeySoCal said:

As an ardent Bewitched / Elizabeth Montgomery fan, NO WAY will this be anything like the classic, charming and revolutionary original.  Personally I doubt it'll go beyond the pilot stage...here's hoping! :HALKING:

I haven't seen Bewitched in probably about a decade when it used to play in reruns in my area- I want to say it was on Superstation WGN, but I can't really remember. As an "ardent" fan, what are some episodes you'd recommend? 

12 hours ago, Freddie2 said:

I haven't seen Bewitched in probably about a decade when it used to play in reruns in my area- I want to say it was on Superstation WGN, but I can't really remember. As an "ardent" fan, what are some episodes you'd recommend? 

If I may share my two cents on this as well, I'd say you can't go wrong with any episode from the first two seasons. Most feel that was when the show was at its strongest. But each season offers something worthwhile. The later, color seasons feature more of Elizabeth's dual role of Serena, which is always fun, plus it's enjoyable watching the Dick Sargent episodes just to see the difference. A number of final season episodes were remakes of first season scripts, so it'd run out of steam by then. But you can put on any episode from any era and enjoy it for what it is. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Mot Morenzi said:

If I may share my two cents on this as well, I'd say you can't go wrong with any episode from the first two seasons. Most feel that was when the show was at its strongest. But each season offers something worthwhile. The later, color seasons feature more of Elizabeth's dual role of Serena, which is always fun, plus it's enjoyable watching the Dick Sargent episodes just to see the difference. A number of final season episodes were remakes of first season scripts, so it'd run out of steam by then. But you can put on any episode from any era and enjoy it for what it is. 

What Brian said! Well said, buddy!

But should you still want more specific recommendations, some of my favorite, never tire of seeing them again no matter how many times I have already seen them episodes would primarily be (trying to keep it to 10 a season, which is pretty tough, particularly the first two superior seasons):

Season One (1964-65/B&W)

1.  I Darrin, Take This Witch Samantha:  the above-average pilot; how it all began.

2.  Mother Meet What's His Name:  Darrin meets Endora for the first time.

3.  Samantha Meets the Folks: Darrin's parents pay their first visit.

4.  Vision of Sugar Plums:  First (and perhaps best) Christmas episode.  Billy Mumy guests.

5. A is for Aardvark: considered by many fans the penultimate "Bewitched" episode (the only one directed by Ida Lupino), in which Darrin reluctantly allows Samantha to imbue him with powers of his own.

6. A Nice Little Dinner Party: Endora meets Darrin's parents for the first time.

7. Driving is the Only Way to Fly: first Paul Lynde appearance pre-Uncle Arthur as a Nervous Nellie driving instructor who attempts to teach Samantha how to drive.

8.  There's No Witch Like an Old Witch: First Aunt Clara appearance by the late great Marion Lorne.

9. Open the Door, Witchcraft:  the installation of an electric garage door opener causes strife between the newlyweds.

10.  Eat at Mario's: Samantha and Endora join forces to boost the business at a local but failing Italian restaurant.

Season Two (1965-66/B&W)

1.  The Joker is a Card:  Darrin meets Uncle Arthur (Paul Lynde).

2. Take Two Aspirin and a Half a Glass of Porpoise Milk: Samantha is allergic to a black Peruvian rose, so Aunt Clara attempts to come to her aid.

3. The Very Informal Dress:  Aunt Clara whips a new outfit for Samantha - with mixed results.

4. Aunt Clara's Old Flame:  Aunt Clara tries to hide her failing powers from an old beau.

5. And Then There Were Three:  Samantha gives birth. Eve Arden guest stars.

6. Samantha the Dressmaker: Samantha tries to make a dress without witchcraft.

7. & 8. Follow that Witch (Two Parter) A slimy private detective makes trouble for our heroine.

9. What Every Young Man Should Know: Darrin ponders whether he'd have married Samantha if he'd known she was a witch.

10.  Prodigy: Samantha helps Mrs. Kravitz' violinist brother return to performing.

Season Three (1966-67/Color)

1.  Nobody's Perfect: Samantha discovers that Tabitha has inherited her witchly ways.

2. Moment of Truth: Samantha tries to find just the right time to tell Darrin about Tabitha's powers.

3. Dangerous Diaper Dan:  Marty Ingels (Busty's late husband) as a spy hired by a rival advertising firm to spy on the Stephens'.

4. I'd Rather Twitch than Fight:  Samantha gives away Darrin's favorite sports jacket but soon regrets it.

5. Oedipus Hex: Endora's hex on a bowl of popcorn wreaks havoc in the Stephens' household.

6. Super Car: Endora gifts Darrin with a souped up sports car.

7. The Corn is As High As a Guernsey's Eye:  Aunt Clara zaps up a cow she can't seem to get rid of.

8. Trial and Error of Aunt Clara: Endora puts Aunt Clara on trial for her failing powers.

9. Charlie Harper, Winner:  Samantha endures the condescending behavior of Darrin's wealthy best friend's wife.

10. Bewitched, Bothered and Infuriated:  Aunt Clara zaps up a misdated newspaper that causes all manner of trouble.

Season Four (1967-68./Color)

1. Long Live the Queen: Samantha is crowned Queen of the Witches, much to Darrin's dismay.

2. Double, Double Toil and Trouble: Endora has Serena substitute for Samantha with hilarious results.

3. Out of Synch, Out of Mind: Aunt Clara has magically futzed with Samantha's voice.

4. Allergic to Macedonian Dodo Birds: Stricken powerless, Endora becomes a helpless handful at the Stephens'.

5. Samantha's Thanksgiving to Remember: Aunt Clara sends everyone back in time to the first Thanksgiving.

6. My What Big Ears You Have: Every time Darrin tells a fib, his ears grow that much bigger.

7. If They Never Met: Endora gives the Stephens' a peek into what might have been.

8. Hip Hip Hippie Hooray: Serena returns in full hippie regalia.

9. How Green Was My Grass: a tale of some misplaced artificial grass.

10. I Confess: Darrin gives up and decides the whole world should know Samantha is a witch.

....and that should be enough to get you started.  :HALKING:

TO BE CONTINUED:  Best of Seasons Five - Eight

• Like 1