Stories from the Lucy set, true or not true?

I just read something online about the Vance and Frawley "feud" and apparently, 15 minutes before Lucy Has Her Eyes Examined was supposed to start filming, Viv found out that Bill hadn't even read his script because he thought it was the one for the next week. So, if he had never even learned that week's script, that entire week during rehearsals, not ONE person informed him of this? I smell bullshit.

https://www.neatorama.com/2014/08/06/The-Inside-Stories-of-Six-I-Love-Lucy-Episodes/ Here is the link, the website has a bunch of stories, but I don't know where to find the actual source. 

I also can't believe nobody told Bill to cut it out when, during My Three Sons, he'd go over to the Lucy Show soundstage and purposely knock things over and throw empty film canisters outside the door during filming to distract Viv and make them do re-takes. Is this also true? I think I heard it in an interview with "Arnold Mooney." Why would Miss Ball allow that to happen, especially since she and Bill were good friends? If it was my show, I would never want a close friend of mine to purposely cause trouble during filming. I guess I can understand his being pissed off because Viv refused to do the Mertz spinoff which cost him a lot of money. 

11 hours ago, chedderchester said:

I also can't believe nobody told Bill to cut it out when, during My Three Sons, he'd go over to the Lucy Show soundstage and purposely knock things over and throw empty film canisters outside the door during filming to distract Viv and make them do re-takes. Is this also true? I think I heard it in an interview with "Arnold Mooney." Why would Miss Ball allow that to happen, especially since she and Bill were good friends? If it was my show, I would never want a close friend of mine to purposely cause trouble during filming. I guess I can understand his being pissed off because Viv refused to do the Mertz spinoff which cost him a lot of money. 

Barry Livingston clearly only remembered the experience of doing it, not the aftermath. He would've been too young to have any involvement in studio politics. Ball very well could've called a meeting with Frawley to tell him to knock it off.

• Like 1