I Love Lucy Play Reviews

Gregg O.

Great news! The first theatre critic's review is in for my radio play "I Love Lucy: A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Sitcom", starring Sarah Drew ("Grey's Anatomy") as Lucy & Oscar Nuñez ("The Office") as Desi! You can read the review below.  But can I ask a small favor?

Would you take just a moment to go to Amazon  and/or iTunes  and give it a star rating (or, even better, a review)? I'd be most grateful. You may even be the first to review it! Thanks!

And if you haven't heard it yet, you can listen to it right now, for FREE, at https://bit.ly/2VowTIr (not sure how long it'll be there) or download it at https://bit.ly/2OpROu1

AUDIOFILE MAGAZINE REVIEW

I LOVE LUCY: A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE SITCOM

by Gregg Oppenheimer | Read by Ron Bottitta, Seamus Dever, Sarah Drew, Abigail Marks, Matthew Floyd Miller, Rob Nagle, Oscar Nuñez, Nick Toren

Poetry & Drama • 1.5 hrs. • Unabridged • © 2018

It's the sounds that bring the memories flooding back. The ubiquitous Latin rhythms of the "I Love Lucy" theme song. The staccato dialogue and fine sound design that mimic the feel of the early 1950s. And, especially, the marvelous performances of Oscar Nuñez and Sarah Drew, who capture every nuance of Ricky and Lucy's voices. It's late 1949, and radio and film star Lucille Ball is looking for the right show with which to break into the newfangled world of television with her real-life husband, successful bandleader Desi Arnaz. There are some bumps in the road, but the pair end up creating a template for practically every television situation comedy to come. Written by the son of the show's creator, this play is full of bright nostalgia and insider insights. B.P. © AudioFile 2018, Portland, Maine [Published: DECEMBER 2018]

CD-Cover.jpg

OSCAR-SARAH.jpg