I Lost Lucy

Brock

Here is Lucy and Gale's appearance on tonight's episode of The Simpsons.

Homer has recently become addicted to a new TV network dedicated to 1980s sitcoms. This is one of the many shows he watches:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8nB6-xdyGU

Thanks for posting it buddy, i was looking all over for The Simpsons but Global's news seems to be in overtime, must be that damned football crap again screwing up the schedule.

I love the fact that "the Simpsons" has probably had more Lucy Show Lucy references than I Love Lucy.

They're usually not particularly flattering. My favorite is Moe selling oyster shells made up with lipstick and a wig to look like Lucy. He makes it talk "Mr. Mooney! I just gotta meet Bob Cummings......VIV!!!"

Maybe some younger people know The Lucy Show and Mr. Mooney, but I doubt they have any idea who Bob Cummings is..

I love the fact that "the Simpsons" has probably had more Lucy Show Lucy references than I Love Lucy.

They're usually not particularly flattering. My favorite is Moe selling oyster shells made up with lipstick and a wig to look like Lucy. He makes it talk "Mr. Mooney! I just gotta meet Bob Cummings......VIV!!!"

Maybe some younger people know The Lucy Show and Mr. Mooney, but I doubt they have any idea who Bob Cummings is..

That's the trouble when they make those obscure references to those old stars, most of the audience has no idea who they're talking about.

Archived