Life with Lucy: One Good Grandparent Deserves Another

Brock

I watched the entire season last week. I adore it more and more each time I watch it!

I watched this show for the second time yesterday; I find the opening part very hilarious. I love Lucy making her spider face; her reaction to her health drink; and her jogging. The scene is written okay with great lines about a grandparent moving in and the kids were cute;which is what the 1980s sitcoms were all about. I love Lucy jogging and keeping young; she looked so happy working again. The hardware scene however was awful. Lucy was too old for Curtis to yell at her. I find the end with Lucy crying because she wrecked things distrubing. I got to watch Mother of the Bride; but I have earlier seen Lucy's Green Thumb; World's Greatest Grandmas and Lucy and the Guard Goose on youtube in the past. The only touching part was Lucy's dramatic, heartful Sunrise, Sunset, and the goose one was funny because I have a friend that has geese. With Desi dying; Lucy seemed to have a huge emotional burden and I think this did not help her. On her other shows she contolled them and they came out good but on this show too many other people made the decisions.

I watched this show for the second time yesterday; I find the opening part very hilarious. I love Lucy making her spider face; her reaction to her health drink; and her jogging. The scene is written okay with great lines about a grandparent moving in and the kids were cute;which is what the 1980s sitcoms were all about. I love Lucy jogging and keeping young; she looked so happy working again. The hardware scene however was awful. Lucy was too old for Curtis to yell at her. I find the end with Lucy crying because she wrecked things distrubing. I got to watch Mother of the Bride; but I have earlier seen Lucy's Green Thumb; World's Greatest Grandmas and Lucy and the Guard Goose on youtube in the past. The only touching part was Lucy's dramatic, heartful Sunrise, Sunset, and the goose one was funny because I have a friend that has geese. With Desi dying; Lucy seemed to have a huge emotional burden and I think this did not help her. On her other shows she contolled them and they came out good but on this show too many other people made the decisions.

I tend to agree with you with what you wrote, I think the main failure of the show was the fact that it didn't have any "oomph" to it, as I've read elsewhere if it back in thee 50's, 60's or even 70's it would have done much better. It was too "Brady Bunch", sickly sweet, lovey dovey. Yes, the show had great meaning, but it was more of a show you would get your grandmother to watch, it didn't have any backbone. I mean, look at Golden Girls compared to Life With Lucy, they were on @ the same time and they are completely different and you can tell why The Golden Girls survived and had more of a following than Life With Lucy. It was WAY too dated! There are some very funny parts in each episode but the scripts and storylines suffered. It lacked chutzpah!

Archived