Daphne Zuniga Reply

I was on Daphne Zuniga's website and decided to "ask Daphne" and I was fortunate enough to get a reply to my question! Here it is:

Hi Daphne. I am a fan of yours from Australia. Loved you in Melrose Place. I have always been a huge fan and collect lots of memorabilia of Lucille Ball. I am interested to know how you got along with her and what it was like to work with her.......truthfully :) I've heard stories about how she could be quite difficult to work with.

Kind regards, Michael

Hi Michael,

I loved Lucy! I got to work with her early in my career, and I was so nervous because I too was a Lucy fan as a girl. Once she turned to me and said, "Speak up, I can't hear ya, and I'm standing right next to you!" No time to be shy, so you better believe I snapped out of it and spoke up! Later she said, "Ya know, I think you're prefect for this part honey." THAT made my day! Month! Year!

She was the consummate professional. After all, she'd acted in and produced shows for years, and knew all that went into it. She told me she took 10 minute power naps that would keep her going. My favorite times were when she'd tell me stories about her past, as we sat together waiting for the next scene to be set up. I remember tears welling in her eyes during one of these stories, and saw how she was both sensitive and strong... a powerful combination.

Best to you~

Daphne

I was on Daphne Zuniga's website and decided to "ask Daphne" and I was fortunate enough to get a reply to my question! Here it is:

Hi Daphne. I am a fan of yours from Australia. Loved you in Melrose Place. I have always been a huge fan and collect lots of memorabilia of Lucille Ball. I am interested to know how you got along with her and what it was like to work with her.......truthfully :) I've heard stories about how she could be quite difficult to work with.

Kind regards, Michael

Hi Michael,

I loved Lucy! I got to work with her early in my career, and I was so nervous because I too was a Lucy fan as a girl. Once she turned to me and said, "Speak up, I can't hear ya, and I'm standing right next to you!" No time to be shy, so you better believe I snapped out of it and spoke up! Later she said, "Ya know, I think you're prefect for this part honey." THAT made my day! Month! Year!

She was the consummate professional. After all, she'd acted in and produced shows for years, and knew all that went into it. She told me she took 10 minute power naps that would keep her going. My favorite times were when she'd tell me stories about her past, as we sat together waiting for the next scene to be set up. I remember tears welling in her eyes during one of these stories, and saw how she was both sensitive and strong... a powerful combination.

Best to you~

Daphne

Wow, nice, except i always heard Lucy hated teh fact that gary was always taking naps but that she could never do that, maybe she adopted teh practice very late in life. I always liked Daphne also in everything she did, but especially this, she had that newbie vulnerability down pat.

Archived