Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Chronology - Week 3 - March

leenorman

FOR YOU, CLAUDE - took me an extra hour; but, if it makes your 'reading' more comfortable..... :marionstrong:

March 16

Frank Jaquet, Lucille Ball early film-career co-star, 1938; Desi Arnaz' co-star, 1941; co-star, William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz), 1945, 1952; supporting cast member, (“I Love Lucyâ€), 1954, is born this date in 1885.

Henny Youngman, appears with William Frawley, The NBC Comedy Hour, 1956; as well as with Lucille Ball and Lucie Arnaz, Night of 100 Stars II, 1985, is born this date in 1906.

Jerry Lewis, Lucille Ball early-radio-days-career, appears The Martin And Lewis Radio Show, 1949; appears with Lucille, Toast of the Town, 1962; with Lucille, archival footage; Jack Benny’s Birthday Special, 1969, with Lucille, archivally, Legends of Comedy, 1992, with Desi Arnaz and Lucille, via archival footage, Off the Menu: The Last Days of Chasen's 1997; as well as with Lucille, archivally, Make 'Em Laugh: The Funny Business of America, 2009; is born this date in 1926.

Lucille Ball appears in an uncredited role, Columbia film, A Woman of Distinction, starring Ray Milland, Rosalind Russell, co-starring Gale Gordon, Norman Leavitt, William Newell, Pat O'Malley, and Allan Ray, also uncredited, released this date in 1950.

(“I Love Lucyâ€) “The Girls Wants To Go To A Nightclub, a re-run of the first aired episode, with new footage of Fred and Ricky watching a boxing match, airs this date in 1953.

Desi Arnaz, broadcasts live from Desilu Studios, the west-coast host, for NBC’s 9th Annual Emmy Awards, held at NBC's Burbank Studio; the Dinner Show, with veteran announcer, Roy Rowan; produced by Elliott Lewis; and Lucille, though nominated, fails to win an Emmy, which may have been the catalyst for Desi wanting to discontinue the half-hour series, for longer segments, fewer in number, the Emmys airs on this date in 1957.

The Daily Mirror - Larry Harnisch Reflects on Los Angeles History- 5/22/2010 - “Los Angeles Times File Photo†- “Lucille Ball accepts the Genii Award of Radio and Television Women of Southern California, from Art Linkletter and Miss Dorothy Winters, President of the Organization, at the Beverly Hills Hotel, published this date in 1958.

Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse “The Innocent Assassinâ€, starring Piper Laurie and James MacArthur, airs this date in 1959.

Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse “Circle of Evilâ€, starring Felicia Farr, Joe DeSantis, and Hugh O’Brien, airs this date in 1960.

Arthur Godfrey, Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz’ friend and guest co-star, dies this date in 1983.

(The Lucy Show) “Lucy Meets a Millionaireâ€, Cesare Danova guest co-starring as Lucy’s date, who doesn’t speak English, with resultant hilarity, as well as veteran supporting cast member, Jay Novello, in his last Lucy appearance, airing this date in 1964.

Advertiser (NY): “From Housewife to Heroine: An Evolution Before Our Eyes,†published this date in 2002.

March 17

Shemp Howard, of Three Stooges fame, friend and co-star, Lucille Ball, Three Little Pigskins, a 3 Stooges short, 1934; as well as William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz) co-star, 1941, is born this date in 1895.

Nat 'King' Cole, appears with Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz, Toast of the Town, 1954; guest, Desilu Productions', The Walter Winchell Show, 1956; as well as with Lucille, both via arvhival footage, TV in Black: 'The First Fifty Years, 2004, is born this date in 1919.

Walter Grauman, Desilu Productions', The Untouchables, producer, 3 episodes, 1960-61; as well as director, 21 episodes, 1959-1963, is born this date in 1922.

Hollywood Citizen News, Elizabeth Yeaman: “Lucille Ball also secures a part in The Mad Miss Minton, also starring Katharine Hepburn and Douglas Fairbanks, Jr.,†published this date in 1938.

John Sebastian, founder, Lovin' Spoonful; composer: theme song: Welcome Back, Kotter; appears with Desi Arnaz IV, Out Time, 1985; Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame Inductee, 2000; godson to Vivian Vance (Lucy's Ethel Mertz); one of Vivian's life-long best friend's son; headliner at the Reg Lenna Civic Center, Jamestown, NY, honoring the 10,000 Maniacs, on their 25th Anniversary Show [9/8/2006], is born this date in 1944.

Lucille Ball and co-star, Richard Denning, appear My Favorite Husband “Liz Hires a New Secretary for George†- episode 123, airs this date in 1951.

Desi Arnaz and Orchestra, perform (“I Love Lucyâ€) “The Moustache,†- Ricky grows a mustache, based on My Favorite Husband Radio Show, “Respective Moustaches,†airing this date in 1952.

(“I Love Lucyâ€) “In Palm Springs,†guest co-starring Rock Hudson, with veteran supporting cast member, Kathryn Card, is filmed this date in 1955.

Desilu Productions', Shower of Stars, “Burlesqueâ€, co-starring Joan Blondell, Dan Dailey, Marilyn Maxwell, and Jack Oakie, among others, airing this date in 1955.

Lucille Ball, conspicuously absent (she and Desi were away), wins her first televised Emmy [last Emmy until 1967] for Best Actress in a Continuing Performance at the 8th Annual Emmy Awards, Pan Pacific Auditorium on Beverly Boulevard near CBS Television City (telecast over NBC), - three of four (“I Love Lucyâ€) stars nominated; Desi Arnaz was not nominated. Shortly thereafter, Desi announces discontinuing the half-hour episodes, and commencing one-hour specials, this date in 1956.

CBS’ The Lucy Show – 30-minutes, black & white – this is not a misprint, nor Miss Ball’s classic 1960’s sitcom. The re-runs of (“I Love Lucyâ€) on Sundays had done so well for CBS they decide to add this extra night of (“I Love Lucyâ€) re-runs on Saturdays in the very early evening. New graphics are made to reflect the change of title and sponsor this date in 1956.

Variety: Desi Arnaz was “in fine comedic form as Emcee of the 9th Emmy Awards last night, even though (“I Love Lucyâ€) and all star nominations are shut out of Emmy Awards,†published this date in 1957.

Life: “Sexy Eyes over Hope’s Shoulder,†published this date in 1961.

Desilu Productions', The Greatest Show on Earth “Of Blood, Sawdust, and a Bucket of Tearsâ€, starring Jack Palance, as Johnny Slate, co-starring Doris Dowling, Julie Newmar, and Arthur O'Connell, among others, airs this date in 1964.

Richard Reeves, veteran supporting cast member of (“I Love Lucyâ€), as well as Desilu Studios’ CBS’ New Comedy Showcase 1960; dies this date in 1967.

LA Times, TV Time cover: Lucille Ball and Jack Benny appear, this week in 1968.

Lucille Ball makes a guest appearance on CBS’ Ed Sullivan's Toast of the Town, showing The Lucy Show clips, a blatant plug for her new movie Yours, Mine, and Ours, joined by her eighteen children co-stars, and guest, George Hamilton, airing this date in 1968.

(“Here’s Lucyâ€) “Lucy Helps Craig Get a Driver’s Licenseâ€, written by Milt Josefsberg, Ray Singer - It’s Craig’s (Desi Arnaz IV) 16th birthday, with predicted results, the last show of the season, with Lucie Arnaz, as Kim Carter, with Jack Gilford, Sid Gould, Ray Kellogg, Joseph Mell, among others, airing this date in 1969.

Lucie Arnaz appears on CBS', The Mike Douglas Show, with Shirley Bassey and Ray Walston, airing this date in 1972.

Radio City Music Hall, during Easter Holidays’ bookings, premieres Lucille Ball in Mame, this day in 1974.

Desi Arnaz discovers he is correct in his assessment that Lucille Ball is no happier in Mame than she was in Wildcat, on its release in 1974.

Reader’s Digest, Bob Hope: “Unforgettable Lucille Ball,†published in 1990.

Helen Hayes, Lucille Ball friend, idol; appears with Lucille and Desi Arnaz Toast of the Town, 1958; co-star, Vivian Vance (Lucy’s Ethel Mertz), The Front Page, 1970; Arnazes guest co-star, 1972, dies this date in 1993.

Hartford Courant. “Daughter in Bidding for Lucille Ball’s Childhood Home,†published this date in 2002.

Daily News (NY), David Hinckley: “Series: “Big-Town Classic Characters – From (“I Love Lucyâ€) – Fred and Ethel Mertz,†published this date in 2002.

Mort Lachman, many-year Bob Hope writer; writer, All In The Family; writer of screenplay, Lucille Ball/Henry Fonda film, Your, Mine, Ours, 1968, dies this date in 2009.

The Latest From Everything Lucy Website: (“Here's Lucyâ€) - Season Three DVD - Following up on last November's release of the Second Season, MPI Home Video has announced 'Season 3' will arrive on DVD June 15th, bringing us halfway into the six season run.â€, posted this date in 2010.

March 18

Edward Everett Horton, Lucille Ball early-film career co-star, 1935, 1939; 1947; and (“I Love Lucyâ€), 1952, the script re-written from My Favorite Husband “Valentine’s Dayâ€; guest, Desilu Productions’ December Bride, 1957; Here’s Hollywood “ 1961; as well as guest co-star, Desilu Studios-filmed Fractured Flickers, 1963, is born this date in 1886.

Art Gilmore, announcer, Desilu Studios'-filmed, The Red Skelton Show, 529 episodes, 1954-1971; appears with William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz), The Red Skelton Show, 1958, Desilu Productions', Host, unknown episodes, The Comedy Spot, 1960; appears with Vivian Vance (Lucy's Ethel Mertz), The Red Skelton Show, 2 episodes, 1960, 1961; with Desi Arnaz, The Red Skelton Show, 1961, 1962, 1964; as well as with Lucille, archivally, NBC's Bob Hope's Bag of Christmas Memories, 1993, is born this date 1912.

Peter Graves, guest star, Desilu Productions’ Cavalcade of America, 1956; co-star of Mission: Impossible, as Jim Phelps, 143 episodes, 1967-1973, Mission: Impossible Versus The Mob, 1968; Lucille Ball guest co-star, Life With Lucy, 1986; and with Lucie Arnaz, CBS at 75, 2003; is born this date in 1926.

LA Evening Herald Express, Harrison Carroll: “Lucille Ball is purring like a kitten every time she wears that platina mink coat in Lessons in Love,†published this date in 1946.

Lucille Ball and co-star, Richard Denning, appear My Favorite Husband “Giveaway Program,†– episode #36, produced and directed by Jess Oppenheimer; written by Jess Oppenheimer, Madelyn Pugh & Bob Carroll, Jr., featuring Ruth Perrott, as Katy the Maid, original music by Marlin Skiles; conducted by Wilbur Hatch; announcer, Bob LeMond, sponsored by General Foods, JELL-O; with veteran supporting cast member, Frank Nelson, the basis for (“I Love Lucyâ€) #43, “Redecoratingâ€, and airing this date in 1949.

William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz), appears, with Joe E. Brown, on The Ed Wynn Show, on this date in 1950.

(“I Love Lucyâ€) “The Black Wig,†an episode wherein Lucy tests Ricky’s loyalty; wears a black wig and flirts with him, is filmed this date in 1954.

(“I Love Lucyâ€) “Bull Fight Danceâ€, with veteran supporting cast, Ross Elliott and Ray Kellogg, an episode where Lucy is asked by Photoplay to write an article about being married by Ricky Ricardo, interrupted by an MGM agent regarding a benefit for the Heart Fund; mayhem, as usual, ensues, airs this date in 1955.

Desi Arnaz and Orchestra, perform (“I Love Lucyâ€) “Ragtime Band,†Lucy gets in the act in this episode, when she volunteers Ricky’s services at a charity event, judged a fan favorite, Keith Thibodeaux, as Little Ricky, airing this date in 1957.

Lucille Ball appears on CBS’ The Phil Silvers Show: “Bilko’s Ape Man,†Bilko enters a new recruit in a Tarzan film to win money, and Lucy is someone he hires to faint when his recruit is presented to the public, airing this date in 1959.

(“Here’s Lucyâ€) “Lucy Fights The System†- Bob O’Brien, writer, - the 144th and final episode of a six-year run and Lucille ends a 23-year weekly television tenure - Kim (Lucie Arnaz) goes to work in a restaurant, and proves to be the star of the episode, with Lucy veteran supporting cast member, Vanda Barra and supporting cast members, Vanda Barra, Jack Collins, Jack J. Fox, Sid Gould, Barbara Morrison, Eddie Quillan, Mary Treen, and others, airing this date in 1974.

People, Jim Waters: “Lucy is ‘Mame,’†“Lucille Ball was appalled at stories and reviews of the film, and knows that trends in television are passing her by; but, she is just happy to have been part of show business,†article published this date in 1974.

Newsweek, Paul Zimmerman: Review of Mame: ‘On the Ball,’†article published this date in 1974.

Desi Arnaz IV, guest co-stars on ABC Special, I Love Liberty, an all-star variety special salute to America, nominated for three primetime Emmys, on this date in 1982.

March 19

Joseph Kane, Associate Producer/Director, William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz) film, 1945; as well as Desilu Productions' Whirlybirds Director, premiere episode and unknown other episodes 1957, is born this date in 1894.

Henry ‘Had’ Ball (Lucille's father), leaving for Columbus, Ohio, to accept a position with the Pennsylvania Railroad Company, is given a farewell party, many of his friends in attendance, this date in 1903.

Louis Hayward, Lucille Ball early film-career co-star, 1940; Desilu Productions', Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse two-time guest, 1959, as well as Kraft Mystery Theater, 1962, is born this date in 1909.

Roy Roberts, familiar character actor in nearly 100 films since the 1940s, as well and acting on television since its inception, on stage with William Frawley (Lucy’s Fred Mertz), 1932; with Vivian Vance (Lucy’s Ethel Mertz), stage play, 1938, 1939; in film, with Lucille Ball, 1949; co-star, Desilu Productions’, Sheriff of Cochise, 1957; guest, Desilu Studios-filmed, The Joey Bishop Show, 1962, co-star, Maggie Brown, an unsold sitcom, 1963; Lucille's guest, The Lucy Show, 1966; seven episodes, 1967, 1968; guest star, Desilu Studios'-filmed, Family Affair, 1967; Lucille Ball guest, (“Here’s Lucyâ€), 1969, 1971, 1973, 1974, is born this date in 1906.

Tige Andrews, Desilu Productions', guest co-star, U.S. Marshal 2 episodes, (unknown years); The Walter Winchell File, 1959; and Star Trek, 1967; is born this date in 1920.

Wanda Clark Stamatovich, Lucille Ball’s long-time friend and secretary [1963-1989] worked with Lucille’s cousin, Cleo, at Look Magazine, prior to Lucille employment, (one of the original Jamestown NY Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Museum Board Members) and guest co-star, ('Here's Lucy') 1969, is born this date in 1935.

Lucille Ball, to appease her grandfather ‘Daddy’ Hunt, registered in LA, for the Primary vote with the Communist Party (and never voted), this date in 1936.

Ursula Andress, guest, Desilu Productions' Fractured Flickers, 1964; appears with Lucille Ball, Women I Love, Beautiful, But Funny, 1982, is born this date in 1936.

Lucille Ball and co-star, Richard Denning, appear, My Favorite Husband “The Wills,†- Episode 80, the basis for (“I Love Lucyâ€) “Lucy Thinks Ricky is Trying to Murder Her†– and airing this date in 1950.

Jamestown Post Journal: “MGM’s ‘Forever Darling,’ starring Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz, is showing at the State Theatre, Falconer, today and Tuesday,†published this date in 1956.

Jamestown Post Journal: “Phil Silvers Wins TV Award; Lucille Ball, for Best Series – James Bacon – Hollywood (AP): Lucille Ball is Best Series Actress and wins an Emmy; but, she and Desi were not present at the Ceremony,†published this date in 1956.

(“I Love Lucyâ€) “Lucy Gets A Paris Gown†- [Ed. note: See also (“I Love Lucyâ€) “ Lucy Gets a Paris Gownâ€, March 19, 1956, and November 19, 1973 entries: (“Here's Lucyâ€) “The Carters Meet Frankie Avalon†reference, as well as November 3, 2010 entry.] - episode during which Fred and Ricky present the wives with gifts of phony gowns, and is 'reported' that Cher Bono’s mother, Georgia Holt, appears in this episode and tells Lucille who her daughter is, Lucille demands she call Cher; get her on the set immediately, because: “My kids want to meet her!†which airs this date in 1956.

Variety: “The Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Show(s),†are the top four-rated TV shows of season: (“Lucy’s Cruise to Havana; Celebrity Next Door; Lucy Hunts Uranium; and Lucy Wins a Race Horse),†thus far,†published this date in 1958.

Lucille Ball receives a telegram from Walter Winchell: “ . . you always were a good trouper so congrats on being named trouper of the year . . . ‘Wildcat’†this date in 1961.

Desert Sun (Palm Springs): “Desert Circus Queen,†published this date in 1964.

Jamestown Post Journal: Lucille Ball Among Those To Be Honored Saturday – “Lucille Ball will be honored, in absentia, at the 6th Annual Easter Seal Ball, Jamestown NY. In a telephone conversation, Lucille wished the society every success in its 1965 appeal and expressed her regrets in being unable to attend the festivities. Miss Ball is Chairman of the National Easter Seal Appeal for 1965, and also spoke to Chautauqua County’s Easter Seal Girl for the year, this date in 1965.

Lucille Ball, Carol Burnett and Zero Mostel appear together on Chicago Tribune TV Week cover this week in 1966.

Gilda Radner parodies (“I Love Lucyâ€) Chocolate Factory, with Atomic Bombs instead of chocolates, Saturday Night Live (SNL), broadcast this date in 1977.

Desi Arnaz IV stars as Walter Nebicher in 20th Century Fox TV’s Automan, “Murder, Take One†starring Chuck Wagner, as Automan, Robert Lansing and Gerald S. O'Loughlin; guest co-starring Lucy guest cast members, Bart Braverman, Peter Marshall as well as Greg Mullavey (Jamestown NY native) and Michelle Phillips - Desi's partner - Dino, Desi & Billy combo - Billy Hinsche, composer, theme music,airing this date in 1984.

Cesare Danova, Lucille Ball guest co-star, The Lucy Show, 1964; guest star, Desilu Studios'-filmed, Vacation Playhouse, 1963; as well as with Desi Arnaz IV, Automan, 1984, dies this date in 1992.

Harry Harris, Editor, Desilu Productions', Official Detective, 5 episodes, 1957-58; Editor, The Texan, 18 episodes, 1958-59; Editor, Sheriff of Cochise, 1957; as well as Director, Mission: Impossible, 1966, dies this date in 2009.

March 20

Edgar Buchanan, guest star, Desilu Studios-filmed 4 episodes, Cavalcade of America, 1953-55, 2 episodes, Make Room for Daddy, 1953-56; guest, Desilu Productions', Whirlybirds, unknown year, The Californians, 1958, 1959; Desilu Studios-filmed The Adventures of Jim Bowie, 1958, The Barbara Stanwyck Show, 1961, The Andy Griffith Show, 1961, with Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz, all via archival footages, Hollywood Out-takes and Rare Footage, 1983; as well as with Lucille (both via archival footage), You Know the Face, among many other stars, 2009, is born this date in 1903.

Ozzie Nelson, Lucille Ball early-film career friend - he and his orchestra performed in Lucille Ball film The Big Street, (few are aware the Lucille Ball-Richard Denning My Favorite Husband radio show was format of a novel, Mr. & Mrs. Cugat, adapted for radio by Ozzie and Harriet writers) – originally cast opposite Lucille, was Lee Bowman; and many episodes were subsequently ‘re-fashioned’ by the Nelsons’ new writers, Pugh and Carroll, Jr., for CBS’ television’s legendary (“I Love Lucyâ€) and its future writing team; Ozzie starred in Desilu Productions’ The Mothers-in-Law, 1968, is born this date in 1906.

Wendell Corey, guest co-star, Desilu Productions’ The Untouchables, 1961, as well as Here’s Hollywood 1962; is born this date in 1914.

Mort Lachman, many-year Bob Hope writer; writer, All In The Family; writer of screenplay, Lucille Ball/Henry Fonda film, Your, Mine, Ours, 1968, is born this date in 1918.

Carl Reiner, co-star, Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse, 1959; Executive Producer, creator/writer, and guest co-star, Desilu Productions', The Comedy Spot, premiered in 1960; appears with Lucille Ball, Toast of the Town, 1961; Salute to Stan Laurel, 1965; A Guide For the Married Man, 1967; All-Star Party for Lucille Ball, 1984; with Lucille, archivally, The 41st Annual Primtime Emmy Awards, 1989; as well as with Lucille and Desi, archivally, Make 'Em Laugh 2009, is born this date in 1922.

Jack Kruschen, co-star, William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz), 1951; Lucille and Desi’s co-star, 1953; Desilu Productions’, Our Miss Brooks, 1955; The Untouchables, 1959; Harrigan and Son, 1961, and Here’s Hollywood, 1961, is born this date in 1922.

Lucille Ball appears, uncredited, as Lucille, in Columbia Pictures film I’ll Love You Always, co-starring Paul Harvey and George Murphy, among many others; as well as, in uncredited roles, Irving Bacon, Gino Corrado, released this date in 1935.

Vivian Vance (Lucy’s Ethel Mertz) appears in print: NY Journal-American: “She Wouldn’t Quit Trying,†published this date in 1938.

Hollywood Citizen News: “Lucille Ball has two more pictures to do – The Marines Fly High and One of Six Girls – then RKO-Radio will . . . Highway to Romance, sequel to The Next Time I Love, highly successful picture of last year,†published this date in 1940.

Hollywood Citizen News, Zuma Palmer: “A new Easter bonnet will cause friction in the Lucille Ball-Herbert Marshall sketch at 8:00 over KECA Radio,†published this date in 1942.

LA Evening Herald Express, Harrison Carroll: “Look for Lucille Ball to take five months off screen so she can be with Desi Arnaz in New York at the Copacabana. She’s already trying to make a deal to exchange use of her Encino ranch during the summer for an apartment in NY,†published this date in 1946.

LA Evening Herald Express, Society in Filmland, By The-Young-Man-About-Hollywood: “Lucille Ball bought a cabin cruiser in Miami and is having it taken apart and shipped here,†published this date in 1948.

(“I Love Lucyâ€) “Inferiority Complex,†an episode wherein Ricky and Fred try to cheer Lucy, who is in the hospital and depressed, is filmed this date in 1953.

TV Guide cover, Katherine Pedell: “Lucy’s Neighbors Exposed:†Vivian Vance and William Frawley (“I Love Lucy†Mertzes) - (head shots Ethel smiling; Fred frowning down at her) adorn special edition published two weeks prior to national edition, story revolving around the difficulties with the public identifying them as their character(s) and reality, debuted this week in 1953.

Desilu Productions', Cavalcade of America “A Life to Live Byâ€, co-starring Russ Conway, John Ericson, Sally Fraser, and Chris Warfield, airs this date in 1956.

Desilu Productions', Shower of Stars, “Episode 4.6â€, with Jack Benny, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Hermione Gingold, among others, airing this date in 1958.

Lucille Ball appears as a funny supporting player only, in serveral skits, on NBC, The Jack Benny Special: ‘Carnival Nights’, hosted by Jack Benny and Johnny Carson, with George Burns, Bob Hope, Smothers Brothers, and Danny Thomas, among others, airing this date in 1968.

Marilyn Maxwell, Lucille Ball early friend and radio co-star; co-star, William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz), 1951; guest, Desilu Productions', Shower of Stars, 1955; Lucille and Desi Arnaz co-star, 1956; an appearance in Lucille film, 1963; guest appears, Lucille Ball Comedy Hour, 1964; and (“Here’s Lucyâ€), 1970, as well as, with Lucille, archivally, Bob Hope: Hollywood's Brightest Star, 1996, dies this date in 1972.

NY Post: “Lucy Would’ve Hated This Idea,†article published this date in 2002.

AP Spanish Online: “Contemplan Llevar los Restos de Lucille Ball a Nueva York,†article published this date in 2002.

People Magazine, by Steven M. Silverman – “Lucy’s Final Resting Place: A Quandry,†published this date in 2002.

The Lucy Lounge Website: Lucille Ball’s granddaughter, Katharine Luckinbill, daughter of Lucie Arnaz and Laurence Luckinbill, will be co-starring with Oscar winner, Celeste Holm, in film, My Guaranteed Student Loan, to be filmed in Illinois and Manhattan during April, posted this date in 2009.

March 21

Florenz Ziegfeld, Lucille Ball early film career mentor and friend, an American Broadway impresario, Lucille having appeared in an all star semi-biographical film, Ziegfeld Follies, 1946, also co-starring William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz), among many others, is born this date in 1867.

Johathan Hale, Lucille Ball early film-career co-star, 1946, 1947; Desilu Productions', Cavalcade of America 2 episodes, 1953; as well as guest, Desilu Studios-filmed, The Joey Bishop Show, 1962, is born this date in 1891.

NY Daily News: Reminiscing about their wedding day: “Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz’ day began just before dawn on November 30, 1940, leaving the Pierre Hotel with Desi’s agent and business manager to act as witnessesâ€, published this date in 1950.

Desi Arnaz and Orchestra record the background music for CBS-TV (“I Love Lucyâ€), Episode #29, which is filmed this date in 1952.

(“I Love Lucyâ€) “Don Juan Is Shelved†- Vivian Vance’s (Lucy’s Ethel Mertz) real-life husband, Phil Ober, guest co-stars, as Dory Shary, who backed out at the last minute; with cast members, Kathryn Card, John Hart, and Robert Jellison - episode involves Lucy interfering – again – and airs this date in 1955.

Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz in audience, The 28th Annual Academy Awards, presented for 1955; Karl Freund awarded Oscar for 1955 Technical Achievement Award, which he shared with: Frank Crandell, (Photo Research Corp.), for the design and development of a direct reading brightness meter. airs this date in 1956.

(“I Love Lucyâ€) “Country Club Dance,†an episode guest co-starring Barbara Eden, a house guest of veteran supporting co-stars, The Munsons, Frank Nelson and Mary Jane Croft, whose appearance at the country club enrages Lucy and Ethel, is filmed this date in 1957.

Lucille Ball and Gary Morton are seen together several times during the spring and at the Copa, where Gary is performing, while Lucille is recuperating from exhaustion which prevents her from performing in Wildcat, in 1961.

The Lucy Show “Lucy, the Superwomanâ€, in which Lucy becomes a celebrity by lifting a one-ton machine which has fallen on Mooney’s foot, airing this date in 1966.

Although Desi Arnaz plans to launch his comeback with a motion-picture project, his plans to film Without Consent are derailed when his meetings result in a contract between CBS and his Production Company to develop four new program properties, this date in 1966.

Desi Arnaz IV appears on NBC TV, The Dean Martin Show, with Billy Hinsche, Dean Paul Martin, as Dino, Desi & Billy, also guest starring, Tony Bennett, Florence Henderson, and Bob Newhart, airing this date in 1968.

Rona Barrett Gossip: “Lucille Ball is television's most missed drop-out!,†published in the spring of 1975.

Desi Arnaz IV, appears with an all-star cast in salute to American ideals, commemorating the 250th anniversary of George Washington's birth, an ABC Musical/Comedy, I Love Liberty, nominated for three Emmy’s, Executive Producer, Norman Lear, airing this date in 1982.

Dean Paul Martin, one of the founding members of Dino, Desi and Billy, appears with Desi Arnaz and Desi IV, 1974; Desi Arnaz IV Band, still performing, headline a fundraising event for the Lucy-Desi Museum in 2002 with Dean Paul’s brother, Ricci, as his replacement and renamed Ricci, Desi & Billy, dies this date in 1987.

Robert Preston, co-star of Lucille Ball in Mame, dies this date in 1987.

Milton Frome, supporting cast member, (“I Love Lucyâ€), 1954; guest, Desilu Productions’, Cavalcade of America, 1956, The Texan, 1958, Guestward Ho! 1961, Glynis, 1963, guest, Desilu Studios-filmed, The Joey Bishop Show, 1963, as well as (“Here’s Lucyâ€), 1972, dies this date in 1989.

Macdonald Carey, of Days of Our Lives' fame, 28 years; guest, Desilu Productions', Kraft Mystery Theater, 1963; guest, Desilu Studios'-filmed, The Bing Crosby Show, 1964; as well as co-star, as Capt. Jack Donahoe, Lucie Arnaz, Who Is The Black Dahlia?, 1975, dies this date in 1994.

Lucie Arnaz makes a guest appearance, among others, on Warner Brothers' TV, The Rosie O’Donnell Show, airing this date in 1997.

Time Magazine – Special Issue – “Fateful Meetings†– “October 15, 1951 – 80 Days That Changed the World – to mark the 80th anniversary of Time we chose the most significant days of the past eight decades and brought them to life in a 63-page bonus section. See why they made a difference: “Falling in Love with Lucy†by Madelyn Pugh Davis and Bob Carroll – published this date in 2003.

The Post-Journal – Information Center – In Years Past – Ten Years Ago - “In 1997, the Arts Council for Chautauqua County and JURA announce ‘Yarmy’s Army’, headliner closing act at the Lucy-Desi Museum Hometown Celebration. The Memorial Day weekend ‘Army’ consists of 5 of 23 notable comedian members, who will travel to Jamestown NY for the 5/25 event, including Shelly Berman, Bill Dana, Louis Nye, Tom Poston and a fifth yet to be announced,†published this date in 2007.

The Latest From Everything Lucy Website: Lucy-Desi Center Increases Efforts for Outreach Mission: Observer - At its annual meeting recently, the board of directors of the Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Center took steps in moving forward with fulfilling the center’s mission through expanding its outreach and education programs. In announcing the Lucy-Desi Center’s plans, President Charles Edward Fagan noted, ‘Fulfilling our mission to enrich the world through the healing powers of love and laughter is the best kind of expression of Lucille Ball’s and Desi Arnaz’s characters, their contributions, and their memory. While recognizing the Center’s fine efforts in the past in education and outreach, the board’s direction is changing in subtle but important ways to engage in specific projects related to the healing power of laughter.’ The board made a commitment to quadruple the center’s outreach efforts by approving the addition of two new positions, outreach associate and development coordinator. Both will work with the center’s education/outreach coordinator to expand and fund programming in health care facilities, hospitals and nursing homes, as well as other areas. Plans are also under way for a Klown Kollege, greater cooperation with the Arts Council for Chautauqua County, continuing work with students and teachers, Scouts, the Hispanic community, and re-establishing the Lucille Ball Scholarship at Jamestown Community College through an endowment at the Chautauqua Region Community Foundation. These represent major steps for the center and indicate an increasing focus on the healing power of laughterâ€, posted this date in 2008.

March 22

Chico Marx, Lucille Ball friend, one of the Marx Brothers; early film-career co-star, Lucille, 1938; as well as William Frawley (Lucy’s Fred Mertz) co-star, The Silver Theater, 1950; is born this date in 1887.

Herb Rudley, guest, Desilu Productions', The Californians, 37 episodes, as Sam Brennan, 1957-58; guest, Cavalcade of America, 1957; guest, The Texan, 1958; cast member, Desilu Studios'-filmed, My Living Doll, 2 episodes, 1964; as well as star, Desilu Productions', The Mothers-in-Law, 3 episodes, 1967, is born this date in 1911.

Karl Malden, Detective Lt. Mike Stone, The Streets of San Francisco, from 1972, 120 episodes; appeared in Desilu Productions’ Here’s Hollywood 1962; co-star with Desi Arnaz, Jr., Murderers’ Row, 1966; as well as with Lucille Ball, via archival footage, and Lucie Arnaz, Bob Hope: The First 90 Years 1993; is born this date in 1912.

Lew Wasserman, Universal Studios’ head, respectful friend of Lucille Ball, took her to ‘safe harbor’ when The Lucy Show became (“Here’s Lucyâ€) and Lucille left the Paramount lot, is born this date in 1913.

Virginia Grey, guest co-star, Desilu Productions’ U.S. Marshal, 1959; guest, Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse, 1959; as well as Here’s Hollywood 1961; is born this date in 1917.

Ross Martin, Desilu Productions’ Sheriff of Cochise, 1956; Whirlybirds; The Walter Winchell File; The Ann Sothern Show, 1958; co-stars with Vivian Vance (Lucy's Ethel Mertz) The Great Race, 1965; appears with Lucille Ball in Swing Out, Sweet Land, with many other stars, 1970; as well as Director - several episodes of (“Here’s Lucyâ€) and co-star with Desi Arnaz and Desi IV, on Talk Show, California My Way, 1974, is born on this date in 1920.

William Shatner, of Desilu Productions’, Star Trek, 79 episodes-between-1966-69-fame, appears with Lucille Ball in Swing Out, Sweet Land, with many other stars, 1970; with Lucie Arnaz, Night of 100 Stars, 1982, and Happy 100th Birthday, Hollywood, 1987; as well as, appears with Lucille, #3, archivally, 200 Greatest Pop Culture Icons, 2003; is born this date in 1931.

Film Daily – RKO Radio Joy of Living: comedy with refreshing situations with Lucille Ball, Irene Dunne, and Douglas Fairbanks, Jr.,†is published this date in 1938.

Desi Arnaz and Orchestra, perform (“I Love Lucyâ€) “Ricky’s Hawaiian Vacationâ€, veteran supporting cast member, Frank Nelson’s third appearance, and Lucille Ball’s cousin, Cleo Morgan, mentioned on the loud television set, Cleo, who in later years, will produce (“Here’s Lucyâ€), airs this date in 1954.

(“I Love Lucyâ€) “Lucy’s Bicycle Trip,†an episode wherein Lucy insists the two couples bicycle from Italy to the French Riviera, is filmed this date in 1956.

Lucille Ball’s husband, Gary Morton, performed an engagement at the Copacabana, NYC, before they married, and Lucille was often in the audience, during the spring of 1961.

NY Times: “Desilu Appoints Director,†published this date in 1963.

Addison Richards, Lucille Ball co-star, 1939, 2 films, 1942; co-star, William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz) 1944, 1945, 1947; co-star, Desilu Productions', Sheriff of Cochise, 1946, 1957; co-star, Desilu Studios-filmed, The Adventures of Jim Bowie, 2 episodes, 1957, guest, Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse, 1957; guest star, The Red Skelton Show, 1958; co-star, Desilu Productions', The Californians, 1958; Desilu Studios-filmed, Yancy Derringer, 1959; co-star, Desilu Productions', The Texan, 1959; uncredited co-star, Lucille, The Facts of Life, 1960; co-star, Desilu Productions', The Untouchables, 1960, 1961; as well as with Lucille and Desi Arnaz via archival footages, Hollywood Out-takes and Rare Footages, 1983, dies this date in 1964.

The Lucy Show “Lucy and the Beauty Doctor†Bob O’Brien, writer - a Candid-Camera-type TV show captures Lucille friend, and veteran supporting cast member, Carole Cook, on film, airs this date in 1965.

Vivian Vance (Lucy’s Ethel Mertz) is the guest with a secret on CBS’ (“I’ve Got a Secretâ€), Steve Allen, Host; John Cannon, Announcer, with panelists, Carol Channing, Guest Panelist; Bill Cullen, Bess Myerson, Henry Morgan, and Betsy Palmer; as well as Norman Paris, Orchestra, airing this date in 1965.

Lucille Ball appears on CBS’ Carol Plus 2, TV movie - Carol Burnett, as Hostess, a reunion of sorts between Lucille and Zero Mostel, another guest co-star, who also appeared with her in DuBarry Was a Lady (1943), released this date in 1966.

March 23

Phil Ober, actor and Vivian Vance (Lucy’s Ethel Mertz), one-time husband, co-star, 1950; supporting cast member, (“I Love Lucyâ€), 1951, 1955; Desilu Productions’, Whirlybirds, (unknown year); Desilu Studios-filmed The Dick Van Dyke Show, 2 episodes, 1956-63, guest, Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse, 1959; co-star, Lucille Ball film, 1960, as well as guest, Desilu Studios-filmed, Family Affair, 1 episode, 1966; is born this date in 1902.

Joan Crawford, Desilu Productions’ Here’s Hollywood 1962; Lucille Ball guest co-star, The Lucy Show, 1968; as well as archivally, with Lucille, That's Dancing 1985, is born this date in 1908.

Paula Winslow guest, Desilu Studios-filmed Our Miss Brooks, as Mrs. Martha Conklin, 9 episodes, 1952-1955; cast member, (“I Love Lucyâ€), 1956; as well as guest, Desilu Studios-filmed The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp, 1961, is born this date in 1910.

Maurice Marsac, guest cast member, (“I Love Lucyâ€), 1952, 1956; Desilu Productions’ Our Miss Brooks, 4 episodes, 1953; Desilu Productions’ Angel, pilot, 1960; Glynis, 1963, is born this date in 1915.

Kenneth Tobey, guest, Desilu Productions', Cavalcade of America, 1954; Sheriff of Cochise, 1957; as well as Whirlybirds, as Chuck Martin, 111 episodes, 1957-1963, is born this date in 1917.

LA Evening Herald Express, Harrison Carroll: “ . . . Lucille Ball, blonde RKO star, stopped one marriage last week. Her cousin, Cleo Manning, was at the license bureau with Arthur Auerbach of the Jack Haley program. Lucille found out about it and persuaded them to wait. Cleo isn’t of age yet,†published this date in 1938.

Hollywood Citizen News, Frederick C. Othman: “Lucille Ball went to the LA’s incredible Skid Row, which is today what New York’s Bowery must have been 40 years ago, last night to learn the striptease from experts for upcoming work as Tiger Lily, queen of burlesque. I’ll take off a lot of clothes it’s true, but, still be dressed as modestly as grandmother. My costume is six dozen pieces of chiffon, a sort of dance of the seven veils, multiplied,†published this date in 1940.

LA Evening Herald Express, Harrison Carroll: “It’s worth a $50 Defense Bond to anybody finding and returning Lucille Ball’s diary. It’s a 12x15-inch book bound in red Morocco leather with Lucille’s name on the front. The book dropped out of the RKO star’s car. Lucille Ball will add another $50 Bond if the finder will return the diary without breaking the lock on the cover. She’s not ashamed of anything inside, but it’s an intimate record of her life ever since she was a child,†published this date in 1942.

(“I Love Lucyâ€) “The Séance,†is a re-run of Episode #7, with new footage, airing this date in 1953.

Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse “Chain of Command†1959, starring John Doucette, Martin Milner and Hugh O’Brian, airs this date in 1959.

Desilu Productions', Desilu Studios'-filmed, The Texan, “Letter of The Law†- Desi Arnaz, Executive Producer; Rory Calhoun, Producer; starring Rory Calhoun, as Bill Longley; Ralph Dumke, as Doc Fry; and Richard Reeves, as Montana, among others; W. Argyle Nelson, long-time associate of the Arnazes, as Production Supervisor, 31 episodes, 1958-1960, and James A. Paisley, Production Manager, 23 episodes, 1958-59; Bill Heath, Editorial Supervisor, Ralph Berger, Art Direction, Original Music, E. C. Norton, Kerwin Coughlin, Casting; airs this date in 1959.

The Lucy Show “Lucy Goes Into Politicsâ€, Lucy and Viv work Mooney’s campaign for city comptroller, airing this date in 1964.

Joi Lansing, many-time guest co-star on Lucy Shows, also guest starred in Desi’s The Mothers-In-Law “Take Her, He’s Mineâ€, dies this date in 1969.

Lucie Arnaz appears, as guest star, on Rhodes Productions', The Virginia Graham Show, airing this date in 1971.

Lucie Arnaz guest stars on Walt Disney Productions', Welcome to the World, as herself, co-starring Lyle Waggoner, airing this date in 1975.

Desi Arnaz’ second wife, Edith 'Edie' Hirsh Arnaz, 68, dies this date in 1985.

Dayton Lummis, supporting cast member, (“I Love Lucyâ€) 1953, 1954, 1955; co-star, guest, Desilu Studios-filmed, Make Room For Daddy, 1953-59; as well as Desilu Productions’, Angel, 1960, dies this date in 1988.

NY Times, Randal C. Archibold: “In a Small Upstate City, They Love Lucy,†article published this date in 2002.

Providence, Journal (Rhode Island): “For Sale: Lucille Ball Childhood Home,†article published this date in 2002.

Press-Enterprise (Riverside, California), Shannon Starr, “Celebrities Starred in Parade,†article published this date in 2002.

The Latest From Everything Lucy Website: (“Here's Lucyâ€) Season 3 DVD - “ The third season of (“Here's Lucyâ€) (CBS-TV 1970-71) features all 24 color episodes, uncut; plus a wealth of new, never-before-seen special features.  Guest stars include: Jack Benny, Richard Burton, Carol Burnett, Wally Cox, Sammy Davis Jr., Art Linkletter, Vincent Price, Buddy Rich, Elizabeth Taylor, Rudy Vallee, and Vivian Vance (Lucy's Ethel Mertz).  MPI Home Video is scheduling (“Here's Lucyâ€) - Season 3, DVD for June 15th.  Extensive bonus material; i.e. an episode of Make Room for Granddaddy, titled "Lucy Carter, Houseguest" is included!  New Episode Introductions by Lucie Arnaz & Desi Arnaz, Jr.; Featurette: (“Here's Lucyâ€) “Uncle Harry; Let's Talk To Lucyâ€; A Lost interview with Vivian Vance; “Lucy and Jack Bennyâ€; Lucie and Desi Jr. Sing; Lucy Guest Stars on Make Room For Granddaddy as Lucille Carter; Treasures From Lucy's Vault:  Lucy Blooper Reel; Lucy's Hawaiian Home Movies; Behind The Scenes; On The Set; (“Here's Lucyâ€) Slide Show; Series Production Files; Syndication Promosâ€, and posted this date in 2010.

Ok, first date, what the heck is that? Emmy awards telecast in color from Desilu Studios??? The show was divided into east and west coast, yes, but they would have this gigantic celebrity audience for the Emmys and were never broadcast from Desilu. And it was in Burbank? Desilu Gower, and the old General Service (Desilu Cahuenga)one were in Hollywood, only the Culver City one was way out of town, but not in Burbank i'm pretty sure. And the Emmys were broadcast in March that year? When the season wasn't even over?

March 22nd, Lucy did not get safe harbor from Lew Wasserman when The Lucy Show became Here's Lucy but a few years later when she escaped the indifference shown her on the Paramount lot and was treated like a Queen at Universal, her office there filled with Chippendale antiques as Mr Wasserman, then known as the most powerful man in Hollywood treated her well as he respected her dearly.

Last item from March 22nd, Carol Plus Two was a SPECIAL, one hour, not a TV movie. It also starred Zero Mostel, who had worked with Lucy on Dubarry was a lady, Lucy and Zero were the PLUS TWO along with Carol, it served as Carol Burnett's PILOT for her long running variety show on which Lucy guested a few times.

Love the things one finds out reading your great Chronology. Both Desi and Edie died in March. So many stars who worked with either Lucy or Desi then worked with either of their kids. When the star is deceased and you mention their date of birth, why not have the whole thin, Ross Martin, for example, star of Wild Wild West and a dear Lucy friend, you mention his birth but i know we were all shocked when he died so young, do you know the year, if not, i'll just go google him.

Love the things one finds out reading your great Chronology. Both Desi and Edie died in March. So many stars who worked with either Lucy or Desi then worked with either of their kids. When the star is deceased and you mention their date of birth, why not have the whole thin, Ross Martin, for example, star of Wild Wild West and a dear Lucy friend, you mention his birth but i know we were all shocked when he died so young, do you know the year, if not, i'll just go google him.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!

You've given me AT LEAST another day's work, and I LOVE it! I will correct errors; add to those things you've suggested, and well, the part about the births and deaths entries; if I put everything in on the deaths as I've done on the births, this damn thin' would be 900 pages! Just TRUST ME (you can, by the way) - but, I take ALL suggestions to heart; so, let's see what I can 'fix' today....

Ross Martin: 3/22/20 - 7/3/81**

Love, JK

**Ross Martin, guest, Desilu Productions’, Sheriff of Cochise, 1956; Whirlybirds, The Walter Winchell File, and The Ann Sothern Show, 1958; co-stars with Vivian Vance (Lucy's Ethel Mertz), The Great Race, 1965; appears with Lucille Ball, 1970; co-star with Dino, Desi, and Billy, among others, 1974; Director, unknown episodes - (“Here’s Lucyâ€), dies this date in 1981.

OMG YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, this is perfect, so so much better. But you shouldn't have gone to all that trouble, unless the end product is gonna be like this, then this is just perfect.

I believe I stated, in another post; when I copy and paste from my original 'product', it comes over to this venue, without the spacing; and each week I add, I go in an edit these long posts, to make reading easier; plus, take out some 'stuff' which, should anyone think of copying and get the jump on me, will have to research, as I did, some of the 'stuff' which you won't see here....until publication, at least - then, it will be 'protected' by copyright privileges. Until then, I am leaving myself 'wide-open' for copycats!!!! I shudder to think what court action might ensue; as I've asked those with me in the beginning weeks of work, we will march in, all carrying a box of hand-written material, etc, with which I began, and have saved - to date, there are about 15 banker boxes chock full of stuff I've turned into whatever THIS is going to be. I should add each box weighs about 50 lbs!!!!

While moving this past spring, all that 'stuff' I moved myself, I did some real nerve damage to myself; but, it HAD TO BE WITH ME....just in case we need to make a case - I know, this is more than you needed to know....but, I was warned in the beginning who would LOVE to get his hands on my work; put his name on it; and publish it (they tried, too, in early 2007....failed)

Who KNOWS what the publisher will eventually DO WITH THIS thin'; but, it DOES have entries separated; DOES have first words highlighted, (perhaps, I'll suggest to publisher the defining paragraph will have first identifying words of each paragraph in a larger TYPE;) etc., and I'll just trust they are the professionals, and will make my WORK pretty - that, we will have to WAIT FOR....

On with the editing....

Love, JK

I believe I stated, in another post; when I copy and paste from my original 'product', it comes over to this venue, without the spacing; and each week I add, I go in an edit these long posts, to make reading easier; plus, take out some 'stuff' which, should anyone think of copying and get the jump on me, will have to research, as I did, some of the 'stuff' which you won't see here....until publication, at least - then, it will be 'protected' by copyright privileges. Until then, I am leaving myself 'wide-open' for copycats!!!! I shudder to think what court action might ensue; as I've asked those with me in the beginning weeks of work, we will march in, all carrying a box of hand-written material, etc, with which I began, and have saved - to date, there are about 15 banker boxes chock full of stuff I've turned into whatever THIS is going to be. I should add each box weighs about 50 lbs!!!!

While moving this past spring, all that 'stuff' I moved myself, I did some real nerve damage to myself; but, it HAD TO BE WITH ME....just in case we need to make a case - I know, this is more than you needed to know....but, I was warned in the beginning who would LOVE to get his hands on my work; put his name on it; and publish it (they tried, too, in early 2007....failed)

Who KNOWS what the publisher will eventually DO WITH THIS thin'; but, it DOES have entries separated; DOES have first words highlighted, (perhaps, I'll suggest to publisher the defining paragraph will have first identifying words of each paragraph in a larger TYPE;) etc., and I'll just trust they are the professionals, and will make my WORK pretty - that, we will have to WAIT FOR....

On with the editing....

Love, JK

Now you see what i mean, that friggin bastard would steal anything of Lucy's or about Lucy, so glad you are protecting yourself from thieves like HIM. I thought you were wiping these things out after they'd been UP a while, you should, so i'm happy you are editing them, you went to so much work, why hand it over to thieves, lazy untalented and very opportunistic thieves. :angry::angry::angry: I only started commenting on these recently because i want to encourage others to read every line and when i come up with something that doesn't seem KOSHER, then i just have to mention it like the first one i listed up there, there are so many mistakes on the internet and in books about Lucy, i've made quite a few myself, until someone pointed out to me where i erred and sometimes the memory fades with time, after all, these things happened many decades ago, so you and I might have lived through some of them but it was such a different time, more laid back and internet free.

Now you've made me curious, Lucy would have hated WHAT idea, article in 2002?

This 'entry' is merely a reference ONLY from Kanfer's 'Ball of Fire' - I had to look - some of his references refer to page numbers in the book - this one, however, didn't....sorry.

If you have, however, some WAY of getting into the New York Post archives, perhaps 'WE' can discover the article. Until then, it stands as just one more article written about our girl.

Love, JK

Now you see what i mean, that friggin bastard would steal anything of Lucy's or about Lucy, so glad you are protecting yourself from thieves like HIM. I thought you were wiping these things out after they'd been UP a while, you should, so i'm happy you are editing them, you went to so much work, why hand it over to thieves, lazy untalented and very opportunistic thieves. :angry::angry::angry: I only started commenting on these recently because i want to encourage others to read every line and when i come up with something that doesn't seem KOSHER, then i just have to mention it like the first one i listed up there, there are so many mistakes on the internet and in books about Lucy, i've made quite a few myself, until someone pointed out to me where i erred and sometimes the memory fades with time, after all, these things happened many decades ago, so you and I might have lived through some of them but it was such a different time, more laid back and internet free.

Hoping, then, you can appreciate how much I APPRECIATE your assistance with my editing process; you folks are SO MUCH more educated about Lucille, I am thoroughly LOVING learning about her, through you, and your fan base.... We're all in this together, however. so, let's have at it; keep your comments coming. It keeps me HONEST in my intention to be as accurate as I can be. Some dates are SOLID; some are shaky, I know; but, I want it to be as correct as I can. Thanks again, ALL!!!! I Love you....JK

Ok, so what was the story behind that weird one saying the Emmys were broadcast from Desilu studios??? That could never have really happened, the Emmys with a NY and LA settings at teh same time had to be in a huge hall or hotel so the glittering celebrity audience could sit in style collecting their statuettes. I do know that Desi hosted one year but i just do not get that Burbank reference.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!

You've given me AT LEAST another day's work, and I LOVE it! I will correct errors; add to those things you've suggested, and well, the part about the births and deaths entries; if I put everything in on the deaths as I've done on the births, this damn thin' would be 900 pages! Just TRUST ME (you can, by the way) - but, I take ALL suggestions to heart; so, let's see what I can 'fix' today....

Ross Martin: 3/22/20 - 7/3/81**

Love, JK

**Ross Martin, guest, Desilu Productions’, Sheriff of Cochise, 1956; Whirlybirds, The Walter Winchell File, and The Ann Sothern Show, 1958; co-stars with Vivian Vance (Lucy's Ethel Mertz), The Great Race, 1965; appears with Lucille Ball, 1970; co-star with Dino, Desi, and Billy, among others, 1974; Director, unknown episodes - (“Here’s Lucyâ€), dies this date in 1981.

Thanks for reminding me about Wild, Wild West - one of my favorites as a child; watched it faithfully; loved Ross in it, too. I'm going to put that on his birth date, as well as your information about being a good friend of Lucille - was he friends with Desi, as well? Details about that, if you will. I didn't find anything about that in my researching. Of course, much comes from IMDb; which gives little 'personal' stuff. Perhaps, if this thing GOES, the Volume II can be filled in some with additional informational bits....

Thanks, though....Love, JK

Ok, so what was the story behind that weird one saying the Emmys were broadcast from Desilu studios??? That could never have really happened, the Emmys with a NY and LA settings at teh same time had to be in a huge hall or hotel so the glittering celebrity audience could sit in style collecting their statuettes. I do know that Desi hosted one year but i just do not get that Burbank reference.

This one I still have to find an hour or so to research; yesterday was 'filled' with 'other' errands, etc., so, my usual daily 7 or 8 hours of 'dedication' to Lucille and Company, had to take the back seat. I'll get to it....

Thanks for reminding me about Wild, Wild West - one of my favorites as a child; watched it faithfully; loved Ross in it, too. I'm going to put that on his birth date, as well as your information about being a good friend of Lucille - was he friends with Desi, as well? Details about that, if you will. I didn't find anything about that in my researching. Of course, much comes from IMDb; which gives little 'personal' stuff. Perhaps, if this thing GOES, the Volume II can be filled in some with additional informational bits....

Thanks, though....Love, JK

No, just friends with Lucy and gary. They were often pictured together in fan magazines, same kind f friendship she had with Dick Van Patten of Eight is Enough and his wife and three boys. the boys played tennis with Desi jr. Desi jr used to play in these celebrity tournaments, that was talked about on The Merv Griffin Show MAME interview. Of course Dick's sister, actress Joyce Van Patten was in Mame with Lucy.

This one I still have to find an hour or so to research; yesterday was 'filled' with 'other' errands, etc., so, my usual daily 7 or 8 hours of 'dedication' to Lucille and Company, had to take the back seat. I'll get to it....

Errands or errors, which is your priority? Just joking, you have to have a life too you know.

Errands or errors, which is your priority? Just joking, you have you have a life too you know.

I've 're-arranged' 3/16, at the Emmys; it certainly was cumbersome; as I said before, some of these postings were made years ago; had to go back; find the 'source' of the material; sometimes that takes several tomes to go through, and it did; so, I fixed all the Emmy entries, some of which were also cumbersome.... Still 'searching' for the first color broadcast 'stuff', so have left it off for now.

I'll also get the 'other concerns' you had....

Keep on keeping me alert to errors....

Love, JK

I've 're-arranged' 3/16, at the Emmys; it certainly was cumbersome; as I said before, some of these postings were made years ago; had to go back; find the 'source' of the material; sometimes that takes several tomes to go through, and it did; so, I fixed all the Emmy entries, some of which were also cumbersome.... Still 'searching' for the first color broadcast 'stuff', so have left it off for now.

I'll also get the 'other concerns' you had....

Keep on keeping me alert to errors....

Love, JK

So, you still insist the Emmys were held in March when the season wasn't even finished till May or June huh? I know the Emmys were always a bit strange but this is certainly weird with a capital W! And do you mean Desi did a remote from Desilu and then went on to co host in Burbank? And what the heck is The Dinenr Show?

Archived