Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Chronology - Week 1 - April

leenorman

April 1

Wallace Beery, Lucille Ball (uncredited) co-star, United Artists' The Bowery, 1933; as well as appears with Lucille, via archival footage, The Big Parade of Comedy, 1964; is born this date in 1885.

Jack Chefe, co-star, Lucille Ball, early film-career, 2 films, 1936; one film, 1942, co-star, William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz), one film, 1942, again with Lucille, one film, 1947; and with Frawley, one film, 1950; as well as guest cast member, (“I Love Lucy”), 1955, 1956; as well as the Arnazes co-star, 1956; is born this date in 1894.

Ned Glass, Lucille Ball early film-career co-star, 1938; guest, Desilu Productions’, Sheriff of Cochise, 1956; Whirlybirds, (unknown year); Those Whiting Girls, 1957; The Walter Winchell File, (unknown year); Official Detective, 1958; U.S. Marshal, (unknown year); Harrigan & Son, 1960; Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse, 1960; Desilu Productions’, The Untouchables, 1960, 2 episodes, 1961, one episode, 1962; Guestward Ho! 1961; Fair Exchange 3 episodes, 1962; Glynis 2 episodes, 1963, co-star, Julie Newmar, Desilu-Productions', Vacation Playhouse, 1965; co-star, unsold pilot - Desilu Productions', Good Old Days, 1966; as well as Mannix, 1968, is born this date in 1906.

Louis D. Merrill, guest cast member, (“I Love Lucy”), 1953; guest star, Desilu-Productions' The Lineup, 1959; as well as Angel, 1961; is born this date in 1912.

Mel Shavelson, two-time Academy Award-nominated writer and director; wrote Lucille Ball/Bob Hope screenplay, 1949, Desilu Studios-filmed Make Room For Daddy, story consultant/script consultant, 7 episodes 1953-55; Lucille Film, Yours, Mine & Ours, 1968; with Vivian Vance (Lucy's Ethel Mertz) Director, The Great Houdini 1976, is born this date in 1917.

Jane Powell, appears with Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz, Toast of the Town, 1954; with Lucie Arnaz, Night of 100 Stars, 1982; with Lucille and Desi, American Masters: Judy Garland: By Myself, 1983; with Lucille and Lucie, Night of 100 Stars II, 1985; with Lucille, That's Dancing, 1985; with Lucille, Happy 100th Birthday, Hollywood, 1987; as well as with Lucille, via archival footage, That's Entertainment! III, 1994, is born this date in 1929.

Debbie Reynolds, appears with Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz, A Star Is Born World Premiere, 1954; with Lucille, Hedda Hopper's Hollywood, 1960; guest, Desilu Productions', Here's Hollywood, 1962; archivally, with Lucille, Hollywood Without Make-Up, 1963; with Lucille, archivally, Women I Love: Beautiful But Funny, 1982; with Lucille and Desi, archivally, Hollywood Out-takes and Rare Footage, 1983; with Lucille, archivally, That's Dancing! 1985; with Lucille, Happy 100th Birthday, Hollywood, 1987; with Lucille and Desi, archivally, Off the Menu: The Last Days of Chasen's, 1997, is born this date in 1932.

LA Examiner, Behind the Makeup, Harry Crocker: “Keeping fit requires many strange taboos for movie stars for screen work; the one imposed on Lucille Ball tops them all: In It Comes to Love, Lucille plays a part of a pale invalid but, has been working with Desi Arnaz outside at their ranch and has attained a deep tan. She, for the part, must now hide from the sun and be pallid in the spring when the filming starts,” published this day in 1942.

Lucille Ball appears with Bing Crosby on NBC Radio’s Kraft Music Hall, this date in 1943.

Jitterumba, a short subject starring Desi Arnaz, is released this date in 1947.

Screen and Television Guide - April Edition: “Article, with pictures of Lucille Ball, Desi Arnaz, June Havoc, (Lucille and Desi's long-time friend) and husband, Bill Spier, vacationing in wintry Skyland, while Lucille is filming Sorrowful Jones, with Bob Hope, reveal the two couples having an enjoyable couple of days, with Screen Guides' photographer, along, filming the fest; June is sister to Gypsy (Rose) Lee”, published in 1949.

Lucille Ball and co-star, Richard Denning, appear, My Favorite Husband “April Fool’s Day,” episode #38, produced and directed by Jess Oppenheimer; written by Jess Oppenheimer, Madelyn Pugh & Bob Carroll, Jr., featuring Ruth Perrott, as Katy the Maid, original music by Marlin Skiles; conducted by Wilbur Hatch; announcer, Bob LeMond, sponsored by General Foods, JELL-O; with veteran supporting cast member, Jerry Hausner, Jack Edwards, and Gerald Mohr, airing this date in 1949.

Desi Arnaz and Orchestra record the background music for (“I Love Lucy”), Episode #94, guest co-star, Tennessee Ernie Ford, which is filmed this date in 1954.

(“I Love Lucy”) “Housewarming” - welcoming in-home intercom system and great chemistry generated by Lucy, Ethel & Betty (veteran supporting cast member, Mary Jane Croft, as Betty Ramsey), Ray Ferrell, as Bruce Ramsey, Keith Thibodeaux, as Little Ricky, airing this date in 1957.

Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz star in their final television episode, of 13, together, with Vivian Vance, William Frawley (The Mertzes), and Keith Thibodeaux, as Little Ricky; CBS’ Westinghouse Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Show: “Lucy Meets the Mustache,” Desi, Executive Producer/Director, and Jack Aldworth, Assistant Director; Bert Granet, Producer; co-starring Ernie Kovacs and Edie Adams; Lou Nicoletti, as the Hotel Clerk; Paul Dubov, as Crandall; Norman Leavitt, as the Chauffeur; and Dick Kallman (a protégé of Lucille’s from the Desilu Playhouse) as the Bellboy, - getting Ricky a job; but, having Little Ricky offered a job; with Bob Schiller and Bob Weiskopf, Writers; Madelyn Davis and Bob Carroll, Jr., Script Consultants; W. Argyle Nelson, Production Supervisor; James A. Paisley, Production Manager (last of eight episodes, 1958-59); Wilbur Hatch, original music; Eliot Daniel, Composer, Theme Music; Hal King, Makeup Artist and Irma Kusely, Hair Stylist; Edward Stevenson, Miss Ball's Wardrobe; with Costumer for twelve episodes, Della Fox; with Charles West, Art Department; as well as Rerecording Editor, Jerry Rosenthal, and airing this date in 1960.

The Lucy Show “Lucy and Viv Take Up Chemistry” - the girls enroll in an adult education course, airing this date in 1963.

Lucille Ball photo appears Young Miss (USA), published for April, 1969.

Lucie Arnaz appears on The David Frost Show, with Eubie Blake, Siobhan McKenna, and Jeannie C. Riley, on this date in 1971.

Chicago Tribune, Gene Siskel: “Put the Blame on Mame, Boys,” published this date in 1974.

Desi Arnaz appears in an eighty-minute music documentary by Fania Records, Salsa, on this date in 1976.

Desi Arnaz, IV, stars in House of the Long Shadows, co-starring Vincent Price, Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee, John Carradine, among others, released in April of 1984.

Jerry Hausner, veteran supporting cast member, (“I Love Lucy”), 1951-54; Desilu Productions', Our Miss Brooks, 1955; Desilu Studios-filmed, The Dick Van Dyke Show, 5 episodes, 1962-63; Desi Arnaz Productions', The Mothers-In-Law, 1968; as well as (“Here's Lucy”), 1973; dies this date in 1993.

Marion Strong VanVlack, Lucille Ball’s life-long hometown friend, name frequently used on (“I Love Lucy”), dies in Jamestown, NY, this date in 1996.

Gene Evans, guest star, Desilu Productions', Wire Service, 1956; Yancy Derringer, 1958; as well as Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse, 1959, dies this date in 1998.

Desert Sun (Palm Springs): “Gary Morton, Husband to Lucille Ball, Dies in Valley,” published this date in 1999.

Philadelphia Inquirer: “Lucille Ball's husband, Gary Morton, has died,” published this date in 1999.

The Faulkner sons, Lloyd and Milton, sold their family home (and Lucille Ball's childhood home) the property now known as Lucy Lane (8th Street, Celoron NY) to a Florida resident on this date in 2002.

Philip J. Amelio, II, cast member, grandson, Kevin, Life With Lucy, dies this date in 2005.

Lucy-Fan Website: Vivian Vance had a successful Broadway stage career before she was hired for (“I Love Lucy”) as Ethel Mertz. Vivian’s stage productions are covered extensively in the new Fourth Edition of Lucy A to Z: The Lucille Ball Encyclopedia. When Vivian was just beginning on Broadway; in 1939, she was also co-starring in her first non-musical hit, supporting star, Gertrude Lawrence, in Skylark”, posted this date in 2008.

Turner Classic Movies' Special: “Attitudes and Morals of the 1950's” - production codes at the time dis-allowed; but, lifted, to allow, Lucille Ball to appear pregnant on television's (“I Love Lucy”), the first time a real-life portrayal of pregnancy was allowed on-air, in April, 2009.

John Forsythe, of Dynasty and Bachelor Father, fame, appears on stage, with Vivian Vance (Lucy's Ethel Mertz), 1947; appears with Lucie Arnaz, Night of 100 Stars, 1982; with Lucille Ball and Lucie, Night of 100 Stars II, 1985; with Lucille, The American Film Institute Salute to Billy Wilder, 1986; as well as with Lucille, Hostess, America's Tribute to Bob Hope, 1988, dies this date in 2010.

April 2

Dolores deAcha, Desi Arnaz' mother; whose father, Alberto deAcha a founder of Bacardi Rum, is born this date in 1896.

Buddy Ebsen, Beverly Hillbillies’ and Barnaby Jones, fame; Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz guest co-star, Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse, 1959; with Lucille and Vivian Vance (Lucy's Ethel Mertz), CBS: The Stars' Address, 1963, appears with Lucille, co-host, part III, - CBS: On The Air, 1978; with Lucille and Desi, American Masters: Judy Garland: By Myself, 1983; archivally, with Lucille, That's Dancing! 1985; as well as That's Entertainment! III, 1994; is born this date in 1908.

Elaine Shepard, co-star, William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz), 1938, 1946; Lucille Ball early film-career co-star, 1940, 1946, is born this date in 1913.

Widowed DeDe Ball, her 18-year-old sister, Lola (Cleo’s mother), and Lucille moved in with DeDe’s parents, the Hunts, Fred’s birth imminent; (soon after World War I broke out, DeDe took a job in a factory to provide for her family, where she met Ed Peterson, destined to become her second husband), in April 1917.

Motion Picture Herald, What The Picture Did For Me: “Stage Door – Boy, what a swell show. Our hats off to RKO. The lines were so fast and furious that the audience did not get all of them due to the laughter of the previous remark. The little girl, we did not catch her name (Lucille Ball–Motion Picture Herald) who read the letter . . . will go places. Watch her smoke,” published this date in 1938.

Lucille Ball appears on the cover of Sunday News: NY’s Picture Newspaper, this date in 1944.

Lucille Ball and co-star, Richard Denning, appear My Favorite Husband “April Fool,” episode #82, with veteran supporting cast members, Hans Conried and Hal March, airing this date in 1950.

William Frawley (Lucy’s Fred Mertz) and Bob Hope co-star in Paramount Pictures' Lemon Drop Kid, a Damon Runyon story, with Robert (Bob) O'Brien writer, costumes by Edith Head; and music by Ray Evans and Jay Livingston, co-starring Marilyn Maxwell, Sid Melton, Ida Moore, Lloyd Nolan; as well as Lucy veterans, John Doucette and Jack Krushen, in uncredited roles, released this date in 1951.

(“I Love Lucy”) “Too Many Crooks,” is a re-run of Episode #75, with new footage, revolving around Lucy misplacing her wedding rings in Switzerland, airing this date in 1956.

William Frawley (Lucy’s Fred Mertz) stars in NBC's No Place Like Home, co-starring Andy DeVine, Gordon and Sheila MacRae, in April of 1960.

TV-Radio Mirror: Lucille Ball shares the cover with Carol Burnett – “The Tragedy of Being Funny: What They Paid For Love – And What They Didn’t Get,” published in 1964.

Photoplay, Liza Jones: “Lucille Ball: First Ten Years of Marriage,” published in 1971.

Desi Arnaz IV stars as Walter Nebicher in 20th Century Fox TV’s Automan, “Death by Design”, starring Chuck Wagner, as Automan, Robert Lansing and Gerald S. O'Loughlin - Desi's partner - Dino, Desi & Billy combo - Billy Hinsche, composer, theme music, airing this date in 1984.

CBS’ - The Lucie Arnaz Show, “The Old Boyfriend”, starring Lucie Arnaz, as Jane Lucas, co-starring Lee Bryant, as Jill; Karen Jablons-Alexander, as Loretta; Tony Roberts, as Jim Gordon; as well as Todd Waring, as Larry Love; each appearing in 6 episodes, this episode, guest starring John Getz, series premiere on this date in 1985.

Buddy Rich, Lucille Ball co-star, 1943, Lucille Ball guest co-star, (“Here’s Lucy”) 1970; as well as with Lucille, via archival footage, The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson 1992; dies this date in 1987.

Life: “The Show That Changed America: 60 Years of Network Television,” published in 1999.

Jack Kruschen, co-star, William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz), 1951; co-star in Arnazes film, 1953; Desilu Productions’ Our Miss Brooks 1955; The Untouchables 1959; Harrigan and Son 1961, and Here’s Hollywood 1961, dies this date in 2002.

Silver - A 55+ Magazine for WNY and Northern PA - Volume IV, Issue IV - published by The Post-Journal, Jamestown NY - travel - Touring Rural Museums: Part II - Chautauqua County, by Ruth Seebeck, author, Warren, PA - “The Lucy-Desi Museum documents the life stories of these two American icons. Inter-active story boards share their childhoods: hers, as a small-town urchin; his as a member of a privileged Cuban family. Neither had an easy time becoming successful; neither had an easy time navigating the path of fame. TV monitors throughout the museum broadcast episodes from some of their best shows and movies. It's a joy to remember and laugh as Lucy learned to drive, tried to manipulate Ricky in some way, or performed with her friend, Carol Burnett. You will also see many of their costumes and personal possessions. Next door is the Desilu Playhouse, featuring sets from the famous show and other memorabilia,” for this month in 2009.

April 3

Jan Sterling, co-stars with William Frawley, 1952; guest, Desilu Productions' The Untouchables, 1960; guest Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse, 1960; Desilu Productions' Mannix, 1968; as well as co-stars with Desi Arnaz IV, 1976; is born this date in 1921.

Doris Day appears with Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz, A Star Is Born World Premiere 1954, Hollywood Out-takes and Rare Footage, 1983; archivally, with Lucille, That's Dancing! 1985, and Fame in the Twentieth Century, 1993; with Lucille and Vivian Vance (Lucy's Ethel Mertz), via archival footage, 50 Years of Funny Females, 1995; with Lucille, via archival footage, That's Entertainment! III, 1994; as well as with Lucille and Desi, archivally, Judy Garland's Hollywood, 1997, is born this date in 1922.

Marlon Brando, appears with Lucille Ball, he a presenter, she in audience, The 28th Annual Academy Awards, 1956; uncredited, with Lucille and Desi Arnaz, archivally, Fame in the Twentieth Century, 1993, ABC 2000: The Millennium, 1999; with Lucille, archivally, Moguls and Movie Stars: A History of Hollywood, 2010, is born this date in 1924.

LA Examiner – Behind the Makeup – by Harry Crocker: “Did You Know: That Lucille Ball, who will spend most of her time in a wheel chair for her role in RKO’s It Comes Up Love, actually spent three years in a wheel chair at the aftermath of a bobsledding accident when she was 17?” published this date in 1942.

Wayne Newton, Lucille Ball guest co-star, The Lucy Show, 1965, as himself; (“Here’s Lucy”), 1968, 1970, both as himself, with Desi Arnaz, 1976; appears with Lucille and Desi, via archival footages, ABC 2000: The Millennium, 1999; as well as with Lucie Arnaz, Desi Arnaz IV, (“Here's Lucy”): On Location, 2009, is born this date in 1942.

Lucille Ball appears on Picturegoer (England) Magazine cover this date in 1943.

Jamestown Post Journal: “Lucille Ball starring in Without Love, showing tomorrow at the Winter Garden Theater,” published this date in 1946.

Jamestown Post Journal: “Lucille Ball in NY; Plans to Visit Here Uncertain” – Jack Gaver, United Press: “Lucille Ball, Jamestown’s contribution to the movie greats, is in NYC for a two-month rest. This is the film star’s first real vacation in years and she’s going to do nothing but loaf here for at least two months. Eventually, she’ll go back to the MGM Studio, being under contract, (Local friends hoped she might stop in Jamestown to view the Fairmount Avenue site of the Little Theater (now Brigiotta’s Farmland Warehouse, for which she contributed $1,000 in the recent building drive)”, published this date in 1946.

Lucille Ball is featured in a radio episode of The Martin and Lewis Show this date in 1949.

Love, Lucy, by Lucille Ball: “I talked to some FBI men for several hours at an arranged meeting at the Ranch, regarding being named to the California Central Committee of the Communist Party. I told them this was news to me, and if my name was there, it was listed without my knowledge or consent, as during 1936, I was working at RKO Studios six and seven days a week; seldom home, and knew nothing about political meetings in my home. This seemed to satisfy the FBI men,” this date in 1952.

Lucille Ball leaves rehearsal of (“I Love Lucy”) “The Publicity Agent” to attend a closed meeting regarding her intention to vote on the Communist Party ticket in 1936, wherein she explains fully her “daddy” (Grandfather Hunt’s) peculiar ideas and life-style, and her subsequent registration only to the Party – no word of this meeting ever went beyond the committee room after which meeting, and she is completely cleared – this date in 1952.

Lucille Ball and infant son, Desiderio Alberto Arnaz IV, appear on TV Guide, Volume 1, Issue 1, cover - first national edition - “Lucy’s $50 Million Baby” – (Most Valuable TV Guide in existence) in 1953.

Desi Arnaz and Orchestra record the background music for (“I Love Lucy”), Episode #59, filmed this date in 1953.

CBS’ Sunday Lucy Show: 30 minutes black & white: This is a collection of (“I Love Lucy”) programs, (beginning April 3 until October 30) - with “The Ballet” (episode #19). Because so many home viewers requested to see the early episodes, as they did not have television sets when they originally aired, CBS and the Arnazes re-ran these shows in the late afternoon on Sundays, this date in 1955.

Desilu Productions', Cavalcade of America “The Doll Who Found a Mother”, airs on this date in 1956.

Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz’ son, Desi Arnaz IV and (“l Love Lucy”) Little Ricky, television son, Keith Thibodeaux, appear on NBC’s The Dinah Shore Chevy Show. This is Desi IV’s first television variety show appearance - the two perform on drums and conga drum, stopping the show with “Babalu”. This is Desi’s only TV appearance in connection with (“I Love Lucy”), except for two cameo performances in 1957 and 1958 and the last major performance by Keith, who will be relegated to bit parts on different Desilu series over the next few years, this date in 1960.

Desi Arnaz makes a guest appearance on The Hollywood Squares, co-starring Cliff Arquette (as Charley Weaver), Wally Cox, Nanette Fabray, Peter Marshall, Valery Harper, Michael Landon, Paul Lynde, and Jan Murray, on this date in 1972.

Lucille Ball appears on NBC's Cher and Other Fantasies, with Cher living out her fantasies, and Lucille, as an old cleaning woman - guests include Elliot Gould, Andy Kaufman, among others,airing this date in 1979.

April 4

Bea Benaderet, co-star, Lucille Ball’s CBS’ Radio series, My Favorite Husband - had her schedule allowed at the time, would have become Lucy’s Ethel Mertz; guest co-star (“I Love Lucy”), 1952, and star of long-running television’s Petticoat Junction; with Lucille and Vivian Vance (Lucy’s Ethel Mertz), CBS: The Stars' Address 1963; as well as with Lucille (both via archival footage), You Know the Face, among many other stars, 2009, is born this date in 1906.

Frances Langford, one of the co-stars in Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz’ first movie, Too Many Girls, 1940; guest vocalist, Desilu Productions', Cavalcade of Stars, 2 episodes, 1950; with Lucille and Desi, A Star is Born World Premiere, 1954; as well as with Lucille, Bob Hope's Overseas Christmas Tours: Around the World with the Troops 1941-1972, 1980; with Lucille, That's Dancing, 1985; with Lucille, via archival footage, Entertaining the Troops, 1994, as well as, with Lucille, archivally, Bob Hope: Hollywood's Brightest Star, 1996, is born this date in 1913.

Richard Coogan, star, Desilu Productions' The Californians, as Marshal Matthew Wayne, 54 episodes, 1958-59, is born this date in 1914.

Gene Reynolds, today, one of most-respected writer, director, producers in television; cast member, (“I Love Lucy”), 1957; guest, Desilu Productions' Whirlbirds, The Lineup, 1957; director, 75 episodes, while William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz) was part of the cast of My Three Sons, 1962-64; as well as director, Desilu Productions' Mannix, 1967, is born this date in 1923.

Modern Screen Magazine, Elisabeth Badger: The Ball’s A-Rollin’ - Lucille Ball says: “The Annabel Series has helped me a lot; but, taking pratfalls when no one else would do it for Lily Pons has helped me, too,” published in 1939.

Lucille Ball appears on CBS Radio’s, The George Burns-Gracie Allen Show, airing this date in 1944.

Radio and Television Mirror: Full-color cover of Lucille Ball, promoting My Favorite Husband Radio Program, published in 1950.

William Frawley (“I Love Lucy’s Fred Mertz) appears on TV, The Ed Wynn Show, co-guesting with Joe E. Brown, in his Television debut, airing this date in 1950.

Desi Arnaz and Orchestra record the background music for (“I Love Lucy”), Episode #31, filmed this date in 1952.

Desi Arnaz and Orchestra perform (“I Love Lucy”) “Hollywood Anniversary,” centering on Lucy’s anger at Ricky never remembering the date of their anniversary, Kathryn Card, Ross Elliott and Robert Jellison, supporting cast members, an episode inspired by Desi's surprise anniversary party for Lucille on their 13th anniversary, and airing this date in 1955.

(“I Love Lucy”) “The Ricardos Dedicate A Statue,” the last of the half-hour format, in which Lucy wrecks the town’s memorial to a Revolutionary War soldier, is filmed this date in 1957.

Desilu Productions', U.S. Marshal “Armored Car”, starring John Bromfield, co-starring Ruta Lee and James Griffith, among others; with W Argyle Nelson, Production Supervisor, James A. Paisley, Production Manager,(fourth of 7 episodes, 1958-59) and Dann Cahn, Editorial Supervisor, airs this date in 1959.

Byron Foulger, veteran supporting cast member, (“I Love Lucy”), 1953, Desilu Productions' The Untouchables, 1959; as well a Lucille's guest, The Lucy Show, 1965, 1967, dies this date in 1970.

Oakland (CA) Tribune – Stage & Screen - by Robert Taylor – “Lucy in Distress” – dealing with Lucille’s performance in Mame, published this date in 1974.

Edgar Buchanan, guest star, Desilu Studios'-filmed, 4 episodes, Cavalcade of America, 1953-55, Make Room for Daddy, 2 episodes, 1953-56; Desilu Productions', Whirlybirds, unknown year, The Californians, 2 episodes, 1958-59; Desilu Studios'-filmed, The Adventures of Jim Bowie, 1958, The Barbara Stanwyck Show; The Andy Griffith Show, 1961; with Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz, all via archival footages, Hollywood Out-takes and Rare Footage, 1983; as well as with Lucille Ball, both via archival footage, You Know the Face, among many other stars, 2009, dies this date in 1979.

Gloria Swanson, Desi Arnaz co-star, 1941, with Lucille Ball, Hedda Hopper’s Hollywood, 1960; dies this date in 1983.

Lucille Ball appears on NBC, Bob Hope in Who Makes the World Laugh, Part 2, a sequel to an earlier special done in April of 1983, much of which is film clips, airing this date in 1984.

TV Guide’s 45th Anniversary Issue cover: Lucille Ball - this week in 1998.

Gary Gray, guest, Desilu Productions; The Lineup, Cavalcade of America, December Bride, and Desilu Studios-filmed The Adventures of Jim Bowie, 2 episodes, 1956; (“I Love Lucy”), 1957; as well as Desilu Studios-filmed, The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp, 1957; dies this date in 2006.

MediaPost website: We love Lucy...more than ever – by Geoff Williams – “Every two years, a study put out by Marketing Evaluations, Inc./the Q Scores Company is released that rates the popularity of dead celebrities, designed to help marketers conclude what a celebrity endorsement is worth. Elvis Presley, the most familiar dead celebrity to the public (98% of the public recognizes him). Close behind: Lucille Ball (95%); but, while Elvis is best known, that doesn't mean he's the most beloved. His Q score, rating his popularity, is 36%, while Lucy's Q score is 52%”, posted this date in 2008.

The Post-Journal – Arts Appreciation – “Teresi, 10,000 Maniacs Among Award Winners” – by Nicholas L. Dean – “Jamestown Mayor Sam Teresi, The Post-Journal, and 10,000 Maniacs are among the winners named in the Arts Council for Chautauqua County’s second annual Arts Awards. Arts Organizations Winner is Great Lakes FX for its community arts and eco-arts activism and Lucille Ball Little Theatre, Jamestown Community Theater and one of the oldest community theaters in the country; Business Supporter of the Arts – Bodell, Overcash and Anderson for their support of Lucy-Desi events,” published this date in 2008.

The Post-Journal – “Lucy-Desi Center Seeks New Board Members” – by Kristen Johnson – “The Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Center is searching for four people to serve on its Board of Directors. The terms of three ‘appointed’ members expired last month (the three resigned March 26, during a Board meeting); and, the fourth ‘open’ seat was occupied by Board President Fagan, who resigned in December. ‘An important critical action took place,’ according to Daly, ‘the renewed relationship between the Arnaz’ seniors’ children, Lucie and Desi, Jr., when a new licensing agreement was signed’”, published this date in 2009.

The Latest From Everything Lucy Website: More Plans Unveiled for Lucy's 100th Birthday - “The Lucy-Desi Center. Jamestown, NY, celebrating Lucille Ball's 100th birthday, with a new tradition: the first annual Festival of Comedy,.August 3-7. Lucille Ball was born on August 6, 1911, and would have been 100 this year! There will be grape stomping; a Lucy look-alike contest; the Guinness Book of World Records will be on hand to count how many Lucy's show up; and the Center, taking the celebration into a new direction. Journey Gunderson is executive director. She said from now on the Center's focus will be on on Lucille's true legacy of laughter. 'Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz, their true intention and hope for legacy was that it would breathe on in living comedy - progressive and contemporary, as they were in their time,' said Gunderson. 'So, we've adopted a new vision and revised identity under which to do business.' The Lucy-Desi Playhouse and the Museum will remain in operation. Gunderson says it will now be under the new banner - Lucy-Desi Center for Comedy. - the new mission this year, is bringing in comedy legend, Joan Rivers, to headline the festival. Joining her is comedienne, Whitney Cummings. Gunderson says Lucille would approve. 'Her vision for legacy was to help people into comedy; help them on the way up,' said Gunderson. In the future, the Center will be showcasing new talent throughout the year. It also plans to partner with colleges to host comedy seminars and workshops to train future comedy stars. And she says Jamestown will one day be home to the first true Comedy Hall of Fame. "The bricks and mortar plans are definitely underway. We've actually gotten some architectural mark-ups of what is could look like here in Jamestown," said Gunderson,“ posted this date in 2011.

April 5

Spencer Tracy, Lucille Ball co-star, 1934, 1945; with Lucille, Hollywood Without Make-Up, 1963, and The Big Parade of Comedy, 1964; with Lucille and Desi Arnaz, Hollywood Out-takes and Rare Footage, 1983 (all via archival footages); with Lucille and Vivian Vance (Lucy's Ethel Mertz) 50 Years of Funny Females, 1995 (all by archival footages); as well as with both Lucille and Desi, ABC 2000: The Millennium 1999 (all via archival footages), is born this date in 1900.

Bette Davis, Lucille Ball early-film career friend, with William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz), 1941; with Lucille, 1943; nearly co-star of the Arnazes (“I Love Lucy”), she fell and broke some bones, however, and had to cancel her already-agreed-to contract, 1957; Desilu Productions’, Here’s Hollyood, 2 episodes, 1962; Hostess, Desilu Productions’, ABC's Wide World of Entertainment “Warner Bros. 50-year Salute” 1973; appears with Lucille, The American Film Institute Salute to Henry Fonda, 1978; Bob Hope's Overseas Christmas Tours: Around the World with the Troops – 1941-1972, 1980; with Lucie Arnaz, Night of 100 Stars, 1982; with Lucille, All-Star Party for Carol Burnett, 1982; with Lucille and Desi (all via archival footages), Hollywood Out-takes and Rare Footage, 1983; with Lucille, The Kennedy Center Honors: A Celebration of the Performing Arts – Bette Davis, Honoree, 1987; with Lucille, via archival footage, The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson, 1992; with Lucille, both via archival footage, Entertaining the Troops, 1994; as well as with Lucille and Desi Arnaz, all via archival footage, ABC 2000: The Millennium, 1999, is born this date in 1908.

Gordon Jones, William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz) co-star, 1936; Lucille Ball co-star, 1949; guest, Desilu Productions', Cavalcade of America, 1956, guest, Desilu Studios'-filmed, The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp, 1956, The Adventures of Jim Bowie, 1957; guest, Desilu Productions', The Ann Sothern Show, 1959; guest, Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse, 1960; guest, Kraft Mystery Theater, 1962, as well as The Lucy Show, 1963, is born this date in 1911.

Gregory Peck, with Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz, Toast of the Town, 1956; guest, Desilu Productions’, Here’s Hollywood, 1961; with Lucille, Salute to Stan Laurel, 1965; with Desi IV, Billy Two Hats, 1974; with Lucille, NBC: The First Fifty Years – A Closer Look, 1976, A Tribute to Mr. Television: Milton Berle, 1978; with Lucille, The American Film Institute Salute to Henry Fonda, 1978, with Lucie Arnaz, Night of 100 Stars 1982, The American Film Institute Salute to Billy Wilder, 1986; as well as Happy 100th Birthday, Hollywood, 1987, with Lucille, via archival footage, The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson, 1992; is born this date in 1916.

Gale Storm, whose comedy television show, My Little Margie, was the summer replacement for (“I Love Lucy”), for the 1951-52 ‘season’, and Gale, as Margie Albright, went on to star in 76 episodes, 1952-55, and as Susanna Pomeroy, 83 episodes, 1956-60; Desilu Productions', Shower of Stars, 1957, The Gale Storm Show, (filmed the 1959-60 season at Desilu Studios); co-star, Desilu Productions’, You Don’t Say, 1964; as well as with Lucille, via archival footage, Bob Hope's Bag Full of Christmas, 1993, is born this date in 1922.

Hollywood Citizen News, Elizabeth Yeaman: “. . . Lela Rogers (early acting teacher, mentor-friend of Lucille Ball, and mother of Ginger Rogers) did not abandon her hobby of producing plays with new talent . . . she’s been signed to a contract at Radio Pictures where she’s in charge of new talent and its development. She will train, present, and direct them in plays performed free of charge, and open to the public at NBC’s broadcasting theater of the studio. The first play, Love is Laughing, will co-star Lucille,” published this date in 1935.

Hollywood Citizen News, Have it Your Own Way: “. . . Lucille Ball in principal role for RKO-Radio, which signed supporting players today,” published this date in 1940.

Lucille Ball’s stepfather, Ed Peterson, encouraged her love of theater (profoundly influenced Lucille’s early interest in theater and taught her the love of reading - Zane Grey and tales of the old West). Lucille, walking home from a movie late one evening, is accosted by a friend of Ed’s; (Ed suddenly appears on the scene – the man disappears from town soon thereafter), dies at the age of 58, this date in 1943.

Hollywood Citizen News, In The News: “Lucille Ball has been chosen to co-star with Bob Hope in Paramount’s Sorrowful Jones,” published this date in 1948.

LA Examiner, Louella O. Parsons: “Lucille Ball is hurrying back to town, getting the acting plum of Gladys in Sorrowful Jones, Bob Hope’s next picture. Bob requested: ‘Lucille Ball, and no one else,’ to co-star,” published this date in 1948.

The (“I Love Lucy”) “Family” appears on Life Magazine cover: “TV’s First Family,” this date in 1953.

(“I Love Lucy”) “Lucy Writes A Novel” - Ricky and the Mertzes unhappy about the plot, try to dissuade her - only time during the entire run of the series there is a fire in the living room fireplace, with veteran Lucy supporting cast members, Bennett Green, Desi Arnaz’ stand-in; Dayton Lummis and Pierre Watkin, airing this date in 1954.

Desilu Productions', You Don’t Say, Tom Kennedy, Host, with Barry Sullivan and Betty White, Guest Panelists - where two teams of players compete against each other to determine the name of a famous person, one member of the team giving clues to his/her teammate, premieres this date in 1963.

Desilu Studios'-filmed, The Bing Crosby Show, “What's A Buddy For?”, starring Bing Crosby, as Bing Collins; Beverly Garland, as Ellie Collins, Lloyd Nolan, as Harvey, Frank McHugh, as Willie, and others, the last episode of 27, airs on this date in 1965.

Paul Power, supporting cast member, (“I Love Lucy”) 1953, 1957, dies this date in 1968.

Brian Donlevy, co-stars with William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz), 1936, 1946; appears with Lucille Ball, The Big Parade of Comedy, 1964; guest, Desilu Productions' The Texan, 2 episodes, 1959; guest star, Desilu Studios-filmed, The Red Skelton Show, 1960, as well as guest star, Family Affair, 1967; dies this date in 1972.

Stanley Farrar, supporting cast member (“I Love Lucy”), 1954, 1956; Desilu Studios-filmed The Real McCoys, 2 episodes, 1958, 1959, The Andy Griffith Show, 4 episodes between 1961-65; guest co-star, Desilu Productions’ Angel 1961, The Untouchables 1962; as well as the Lucille Ball special, Mr. And Mrs. 1964, dies this date in 1974.

The Village Voice, Arthur Bell: “Bell Tells” - article referring to the Mertzes, published this date in 1976.

Lucille Ball and Lucie Arnaz appear on NBC Tom Snyder’s The Tomorrow Show - Lucille, for this occasion, shedding her “star” status, appearing dressed down, with little make-up and answering personal questions, one looking forward to being a grandparent, this date in 1981.

Vito Scotti, supporting cast member, Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse, 1959; Desilu Productions’ The Californians, The Texan, 1959; Lucille Ball co-star, The Facts of Life, 1960; and The Lucy Show, 1962, dies this date in 1996.

Henna Hopper’s Hollywood . . . News From the Wonderful World of Lucy – “Katharine ‘Kate’ Desiree Luckinbill, daughter of Lucie Arnaz and Laurence Luckinbill, beloved granddaughter of Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz, will wear the queen’s crown at the 75th Shenandoah Apple Blossom Festival [May 3, 2002] in Winchester, Virginia – Lucille having been the Festival’s grand marshall in 1964,” published this date in 2002.

Charlton Heston, appears with Lucille Ball, 1967; appears with Lucille, 4th Super Comedy Bowl 1, 1971, Happy 100th Birthday, Hollywood, 1987; with Lucille (via archival footage) The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson, 1992; as well as with Lucille and Desi Arnaz (via archival footage) Off the Menu: The Last Days of Chasen's, 1997, dies this date in 2008.

The Latest From Everything Lucy website – “Jamestown, NY – Lucy-Desi Center Seeks New Board Members – The Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Center is searching for four people to serve on its Board of Directors. ‘The terms of three former board members: Bill Daly, Chuck Ludwig and Caroline Seymour, expired near the end of last month’, said Mike LaTone, the Board’s President. The fourth open seat was occupied by former board president Ed Fagan, who resigned from that post in December”, posted this date in 2009.

April 6

Joi Lansing, guest, Desilu Productions’, December Bride, 2 episodes, 1955, one episode, 1957; guest cast member, (“I Love Lucy”), 1956; guest, Desilu Productions’, Cavalcade of America, 2 episodes, 1956, Fountain of Youth, Desi Arnaz, Executive Producer, Orson Welles, Writer/Director; by Orson Welles, 1958, The Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse Presents the Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Show, 1959; guest, Desilu Productions’ The Untouchables, 960; as well as guest, Desilu Studios-filmed, The Joey Bishop Show, 1963, is born this date in 1929.

LA Daily News, Eleanor Barnes: “Public is invited at no charge to NBC Studio stage, RKO’s Love is Laughing, with Lucille Ball, published this date in 1935.

Susan Tolsky, Lucille Ball guest co-star, (“Here’s Lucy”), 2 episodes, is born this date in 1943.

LA Evening Herald Express, Harrison Carroll: “Everyone at MGM is raving over Lucille Ball’s drunk scene and general performance in Easy to Wed, published this date in 1945.

MGM’s, Ziegfeld Follies’ star-studded cast includes Lucille Ball, a panther tamer – a novelty of a film, with no plot; many stars; two-years in the making, also features William Frawley (Lucy’s Fred Mertz), in a skit “A Sweepstakes Ticket.” Ziegfeld Follies is one of the top-grossing films this year, with upwards of 5.3 million dollars in ticket sales, although costing 3.2 million dollars to produce. This film wins the Cannes Film Festival Award for Musical Comedy, [An oddity - in an uncredited part of a chrous boy: Ricky Ricardi!!!] film released this date in 1946.

The Andrew Sisters (LaVerne, Maxene, and Patty) appear with Desi Arnaz and the Desi Arnaz Orchestra, in LA, California, this date in 1951.

The Arnaz Family (Lucille, Desi, Lucie and Desi IV) appear on Life Magazine cover: “Lucy’s Boys: One at Home Means Pair on TV,” this date in 1953.

The US Patent Office awards a Patent to Jess Oppenheimer March 1, 1960 - (“I Love Lucy”) , the original request for a “prompting apparatus for camera’s Patent,” is submitted this date in 1953.

Lucille Ball appears on Life Magazine cover: Cover Story: “Lucy’s Boys,” published this date in 1953.

(“I Love Lucy”) “Lucy is Jealous of a Girl Dancer,” a re-run of Episode #10, with new footage and flashback sequence, airs this date in 1953.

Desilu Productions', Desilu Studios'-filmed, The Texan, “Private Account” - Desi Arnaz, Executive Producer; Rory Calhoun, Producer; starring Rory Calhoun, as Bill Longley; Jesse White, as Wheeb Martin; Joe DiReda, as Johnny Hinshaw; among others; W. Argyle Nelson, long-time associate of the Arnazes, as Production Supervisor, 31 episodes, 1958-1960, Bill Heath, Editorial Supervisor, Original Music, E. C. Norton, Kerwin Coughlin, Casting; airs this date in 1959.

Desilu Productions', Angel, created by Jess Oppenheimer; as Associate Producer and co-composer, theme music; starring Annie Farge, as Angel, – “The Dentist”, co-starring Parley Baer, Bennett Green, Don Keefer, Alan Ray, Doris Singleton, Marshall Thompson; with Eliot Daniel, co-composer, theme music; Wilbur Hatch, original music; Irma Kusely, hair stylist; W. Argyle Nelson, Production Supervisor, and James A. Paisley, Production Manager, airs this date in 1961.

TV Guide’s 10th Anniversary cover: Lucille Ball appears this week in 1963.

Keith Thibodeaux, (“I Love Lucy’s ‘Little Ricky’”) appears, as Johnny Paul Jason, on Desilu Studios-filmed The Andy Griffith Show “A Deal is a Deal”, with Jim Nabors, as Gomer Pyle, as well as all regular cast members, on this date in 1964.

Lucille Ball appears in Look Magazine this date in 1965.

Desi Arnaz IV appears on The Alan Thicke Show, with Todd Bridges, Gary Coleman, and Shari Lewis, airing this date in 1981.

Greer Garson, Lucille Ball’s early film-career friend of many years; she, Lucille, and Judy Garland write a song while on Hollywood Cavalcade bond tour, 1943; with Lucille and Desi Arnaz, A Star Is Born World Premiere 1954; with Lucille, Dean Martin Celebrity Roast: Jimmy Stewart, 1978; as well as appears with Lucille, via archival footage, Entertaining the Troops 1994; dies this date in 1996.

People Magazine: “Ten Greatest Romances” - Number 7, Lucy and Ricky Ricardo,” published in 2009.

Eddie Carroll, guest, Desilu-Productions' and Desilu Studios-filmed Mission: Impossible 1966; as well as cast guest star, Life With Lucy 1986, as reported on The Lucy Lounge, dies this date in 2010.

Working With Lucy: A Conversation With James E. Brodhead - starring, archivally, Steve Allen, Gale Gordon, Ed McMahon, Vivian Vance (Lucy's Ethel Mertz), Mary Wickes, among others, is released this date in 2010.

April 7

Walter Winchell, Lucille Ball co-star, 1933, voice only, with writing credits; Sorrowful Jones, narrator, 1949; Desilu Productions’ The Walter Winchell File, as himself, 1952; as Host and himself, 1956, and 10 episodes, as himself, between 1957-1959; additional year, 1960, as himself; Desilu Productions’ The Scarface Mob, aka The Untouchables, 1959, The Gun of Zangara, 1960, both as Narrator/voice only; Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse, 2 episodes, 1959, and The Untouchables, 118 episodes, as narrator; The Lucy Show, 1966, as narrator– (Lucille and Desi Arnaz’ sometime friend, sometime not, reporter held responsible for the ‘blind item’ in his column about Lucille’s alleged membership in the Communist party); is born this date in 1897.

James Garner, of Maverick and The Rockford Files fame; guest co-star, Desilu Productions’ Here’s Hollywood, 1962; appears with Lucille Ball on The American Film Institute Salute to Henry Fonda, 1978, as well as with Lucille, via archival footage, The Carol Burnett Show: A Reunion 1993, is born this date in 1928.

David Frost, Lucille Ball guest co-star, (“Here’s Lucy”), 1971; with Lucille and Lucie Arnaz, Night of 100 Stars II, 1982; as well as with Lucille and Desi Arnaz, via archival footage, Off the Menu: The Last Days of Chasen's 1997; is born this date in 1939.

The Andrew Sisters (LaVerne, Maxene, and Patty) appear with Desi Arnaz and the Desi Arnaz Orchestra, in LA, California, this date in 1951.

Desi Arnaz and Orchestra, perform, (“I Love Lucy”) “The Marriage License,” revolving around the legitimacy of Lucy and Ricky’s marriage due to misspelling of names, (in a short six months, or 26 episodes later) - the first television program, breaking a television record (first program in practically every major city in the nation to be seen by 10,600,000 homes) - based on American Research Bureau (ARB), one of the rating services operating in the early 50’s - 30,740,000 viewers - 9.8 million men; 13.5 million women; and 7.4 million children; remembering that, in 1952, there were only 15 million television sets in operation in the United States, with veteran supporting cast members, Irving Bacon and Elizabeth Patterson, a year before she was hired as Mrs. Trumbell, the episode airing this date in 1952.

Lucille Ball attends Walter Winchell's birthday party, held at the famed Sunset Strip Nightclub, Ciro's, with 20th Century-Fox mogul, Darryl F. Zanuck, Betty Grable, Marilyn Monroe, Winchell, Jane Russell, Louella Parsons, as well as famed songwriter, Jimmy McHugh, on this date in 1953.

(“I Love Lucy”) “Ricky Needs An Agent,” an episode with veteran supporting co-star, Parley Baer, wherein Lucy pretends to be Ricky’s agent, is filmed this date in 1955.

CBS’ The Lucy Show – 30-minutes, black & white – not a misprint, nor Miss Ball’s classic 1960’s sitcom. Re-runs of (“I Love Lucy”) Sundays had done so well for CBS they decide to add this extra night of (“I Love Lucy”) Saturdays, early evening. New graphics are made to reflect the change of title and sponsor this date in 1956.

Time: “The New Tycoon,” published this date in 1958.

Louis D. Merrill, guest cast member, (“I Love Lucy”), 1953; guest star, Desilu-Productions' The Lineup, 1959, as well as Angel, 1961; dies this date in 1963.

Desilu Productions', The Greatest Show on Earth “Love the Giver”, starring Jack Palance, as Johnny Slate, co-starring, Brandon DeWilde and James Whitmore, among others, airs this date in 1964.

Joseph Crehan, veteran, 360+ films; uncredited co-star, William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz), 1942; with Lucille Ball and Frawley, uncredited, 1945; with Frawley, uncredited, 1946; with Frawley, uncredited, 2 films, 1950; with Lucille, uncredited, 1950; guest, Desilu Productions', Those Whiting Girls, 1955; as well as guest cast member, (“I Love Lucy”), 1955; dies this date in 1966.

Desi Arnaz Productions', Desi executive producer, The Mothers-in-Law, “Jealousy Makes The Heart Grow Fonder”; co-stars, Beverly Garland, as Audrey Fleming, among others, with regular cast members, airs this date in 1968.

CBS’ The Lucy Show - Each of Lucille Ball’s series always goes on summer hiatus, selected re-runs of the show are aired in prime time instead of a summer replacement series, commencing March 24. The remaining weeks are re-runs for the first time in color from the series’ last three seasons (1965-68), on this date in 1969.

Alberto Morin, supporting cast member (“I Love Lucy”), 1952, 1953; guest, Desilu Studios'-filmed, The Lineup, 1955; guest, Desilu Productions', Wire Service, 1957; Desilu Studios'-filmed, Man With a Camera, 1958, Yancy Derringer, 1959; as well as guest, Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse, 1959, dies this date in 1989.

John Agar, Lucille Ball co-star, 1951; Desilu Productions’, Whirlybirds, 1960; as well as guest star, Desilu Studios'-filmed, Family Affair, 1967, dies this date in 2002.

Hartford Courant, “Retiree From Florida Buys Lucy’s (Lucille Ball’s Celoron NY) Childhood Home,” published this date in 2002.

Desi Arnaz, IV, and Lucie Arnaz, guest star, along with many other former sitcom stars: 'The Travel Channel’s Television Documentary, Road Trip, hosted by John Ritter, on this date in 2002.

Barry Nelson, Desi Arnaz co-star, 1944; guest, Desilu Productions’, The Greatest Show on Earth, 1964; as well as Vacation Playhouse, 1967, dies this date in 2007.

The Lucy Lounge Blogspot - courtesy: 'mickee': “Hallmark Channel has scheduled another (“I Love Lucy”) marathon Sunday, May 2, from 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.”, posted this date in 2010.

April 1

Wallace Beery, Lucille Ball (uncredited) co-star, United Artists' The Bowery, 1933; as well as appears with Lucille, via archival footage, The Big Parade of Comedy, 1964; is born this date in 1885.

Jack Chefe, co-star, Lucille Ball, early film-career, 2 films, 1936; one film, 1942, co-star, William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz), one film, 1942, again with Lucille, one film, 1947; and with Frawley, one film, 1950; as well as guest cast member, (“I Love Lucy”), 1955, 1956; as well as the Arnazes co-star, 1956; is born this date in 1894.

Ned Glass, Lucille Ball early film-career co-star, 1938; guest, Desilu Productions’, Sheriff of Cochise, 1956; Whirlybirds, (unknown year); Those Whiting Girls, 1957; The Walter Winchell File, (unknown year); Official Detective, 1958; U.S. Marshal, (unknown year); Harrigan & Son, 1960; Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse, 1960; Desilu Productions’, The Untouchables, 1960, 2 episodes, 1961, one episode, 1962; Guestward Ho! 1961; Fair Exchange 3 episodes, 1962; Glynis 2 episodes, 1963, co-star, Julie Newmar, Desilu-Productions', Vacation Playhouse, 1965; co-star, unsold pilot - Desilu Productions', Good Old Days, 1966; as well as Mannix, 1968, is born this date in 1906.

Louis D. Merrill, guest cast member, (“I Love Lucy”), 1953; guest star, Desilu-Productions' The Lineup, 1959; as well as Angel, 1961; is born this date in 1912.

Mel Shavelson, two-time Academy Award-nominated writer and director; wrote Lucille Ball/Bob Hope screenplay, 1949, Desilu Studios-filmed Make Room For Daddy, story consultant/script consultant, 7 episodes 1953-55; Lucille Film, Yours, Mine & Ours, 1968; with Vivian Vance (Lucy's Ethel Mertz) Director, The Great Houdini 1976, is born this date in 1917.

Jane Powell, appears with Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz, Toast of the Town, 1954; with Lucie Arnaz, Night of 100 Stars, 1982; with Lucille and Desi, American Masters: Judy Garland: By Myself, 1983; with Lucille and Lucie, Night of 100 Stars II, 1985; with Lucille, That's Dancing, 1985; with Lucille, Happy 100th Birthday, Hollywood, 1987; as well as with Lucille, via archival footage, That's Entertainment! III, 1994, is born this date in 1929.

Debbie Reynolds, appears with Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz, A Star Is Born World Premiere, 1954; with Lucille, Hedda Hopper's Hollywood, 1960; guest, Desilu Productions', Here's Hollywood, 1962; archivally, with Lucille, Hollywood Without Make-Up, 1963; with Lucille, archivally, Women I Love: Beautiful But Funny, 1982; with Lucille and Desi, archivally, Hollywood Out-takes and Rare Footage, 1983; with Lucille, archivally, That's Dancing! 1985; with Lucille, Happy 100th Birthday, Hollywood, 1987; with Lucille and Desi, archivally, Off the Menu: The Last Days of Chasen's, 1997, is born this date in 1932.

LA Examiner, Behind the Makeup, Harry Crocker: “Keeping fit requires many strange taboos for movie stars for screen work; the one imposed on Lucille Ball tops them all: In It Comes to Love, Lucille plays a part of a pale invalid but, has been working with Desi Arnaz outside at their ranch and has attained a deep tan. She, for the part, must now hide from the sun and be pallid in the spring when the filming starts,” published this day in 1942.

Lucille Ball appears with Bing Crosby on NBC Radio’s Kraft Music Hall, this date in 1943.

Screen and Television Guide - April Edition: “Article, with pictures of Lucille Ball, Desi Arnaz, June Havoc, (Lucille and Desi's long-time friend) and husband, Bill Spier, vacationing in wintry Skyland, while Lucille is filming Sorrowful Jones, with Bob Hope, reveal the two couples having an enjoyable couple of days, with Screen Guides' photographer, along, filming the fest; June is sister to Gypsy (Rose) Lee”, published in 1949.

Lucille Ball and co-star, Richard Denning, appear, My Favorite Husband “April Fool’s Day,” episode #38, produced and directed by Jess Oppenheimer; written by Jess Oppenheimer, Madelyn Pugh & Bob Carroll, Jr., featuring Ruth Perrott, as Katy the Maid, original music by Marlin Skiles; conducted by Wilbur Hatch; announcer, Bob LeMond, sponsored by General Foods, JELL-O; with veteran supporting cast member, Jerry Hausner, Jack Edwards, and Gerald Mohr, airing this date in 1949.

Desi Arnaz and Orchestra record the background music for (“I Love Lucy”), Episode #94, guest co-star, Tennessee Ernie Ford, which is filmed this date in 1954.

(“I Love Lucy”) “Housewarming” - welcoming in-home intercom system and great chemistry generated by Lucy, Ethel & Betty (veteran supporting cast member, Mary Jane Croft, as Betty Ramsey), Ray Ferrell, as Bruce Ramsey, Keith Thibodeaux, as Little Ricky, airing this date in 1957.

Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz star in their final television episode, of 13, together, with Vivian Vance, William Frawley (The Mertzes), and Keith Thibodeaux, as Little Ricky; CBS’ Westinghouse Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Show: “Lucy Meets the Mustache,” Desi, Executive Producer/Director, and Jack Aldworth, Assistant Director; Bert Granet, Producer; co-starring Ernie Kovacs and Edie Adams; Lou Nicoletti, as the Hotel Clerk; Paul Dubov, as Crandall; Norman Leavitt, as the Chauffeur; and Dick Kallman (a protégé of Lucille’s from the Desilu Playhouse) as the Bellboy, - getting Ricky a job; but, having Little Ricky offered a job; with Bob Schiller and Bob Weiskopf, Writers; Madelyn Davis and Bob Carroll, Jr., Script Consultants; W. Argyle Nelson, Production Supervisor; James A. Paisley, Production Manager (last of eight episodes, 1958-59); Wilbur Hatch, original music; Eliot Daniel, Composer, Theme Music; Hal King, Makeup Artist and Irma Kusely, Hair Stylist; Edward Stevenson, Miss Ball's Wardrobe; with Costumer for twelve episodes, Della Fox; with Charles West, Art Department; as well as Rerecording Editor, Jerry Rosenthal, and airing this date in 1960.

The Lucy Show “Lucy and Viv Take Up Chemistry” - the girls enroll in an adult education course, airing this date in 1963.

Lucie Arnaz appears on The David Frost Show, with Eubie Blake, Siobhan McKenna, and Jeannie C. Riley, on this date in 1971.

Chicago Tribune, Gene Siskel: “Put the Blame on Mame, Boys,” published this date in 1974.

Desi Arnaz appears in an eighty-minute music documentary by Fania Records, Salsa, on this date in 1976.

Desi Arnaz, IV, stars in House of the Long Shadows, co-starring Vincent Price, Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee, John Carradine, among others, released in April of 1984.

Jerry Hausner, veteran supporting cast member, (“I Love Lucy”), 1951-54; Desilu Productions', Our Miss Brooks, 1955; Desilu Studios-filmed, The Dick Van Dyke Show, 5 episodes, 1962-63; Desi Arnaz Productions', The Mothers-In-Law, 1968; as well as (“Here's Lucy”), 1973; dies this date in 1993.

Marion Strong VanVlack, Lucille Ball’s life-long hometown friend, name frequently used on (“I Love Lucy”), dies in Jamestown, NY, this date in 1996.

Gene Evans, guest star, Desilu Productions', Wire Service, 1956; Yancy Derringer, 1958; as well as Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse, 1959, dies this date in 1998.

Desert Sun (Palm Springs): “Gary Morton, Husband to Lucille Ball, Dies in Valley,” published this date in 1999.

Philadelphia Inquirer: “Lucille Ball's husband, Gary Morton, has died,” published this date in 1999.

The Faulkner sons, Lloyd and Milton, sold their family home (and Lucille Ball's childhood home) the property now known as Lucy Lane (8th Street, Celoron NY) to a Florida resident on this date in 2002.

Philip J. Amelio, II, cast member, grandson, Kevin, Life With Lucy, dies this date in 2005.

Lucy-Fan Website: Vivian Vance had a successful Broadway stage career before she was hired for (“I Love Lucy”) as Ethel Mertz. Vivian’s stage productions are covered extensively in the new Fourth Edition of Lucy A to Z: The Lucille Ball Encyclopedia. When Vivian was just beginning on Broadway; in 1939, she was also co-starring in her first non-musical hit, supporting star, Gertrude Lawrence, in Skylark”, posted this date in 2008.

Turner Classic Movies' Special: “Attitudes and Morals of the 1950's” - production codes at the time dis-allowed; but, lifted, to allow, Lucille Ball to appear pregnant on television's (“I Love Lucy”), the first time a real-life portrayal of pregnancy was allowed on-air, in April, 2009.

John Forsythe, of Dynasty and Bachelor Father, fame, appears on stage, with Vivian Vance (Lucy's Ethel Mertz), 1947; appears with Lucie Arnaz, Night of 100 Stars, 1982; with Lucille Ball and Lucie, Night of 100 Stars II, 1985; with Lucille, The American Film Institute Salute to Billy Wilder, 1986; as well as with Lucille, Hostess, America's Tribute to Bob Hope, 1988, dies this date in 2010.

April 2

Dolores deAcha, Desi Arnaz' mother; whose father, Alberto deAcha a founder of Bacardi Rum, is born this date in 1896.

Buddy Ebsen, Beverly Hillbillies’ and Barnaby Jones, fame; Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz guest co-star, Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse, 1959; with Lucille and Vivian Vance (Lucy's Ethel Mertz), CBS: The Stars' Address, 1963, appears with Lucille, co-host, part III, - CBS: On The Air, 1978; with Lucille and Desi, American Masters: Judy Garland: By Myself, 1983; archivally, with Lucille, That's Dancing! 1985; as well as That's Entertainment! III, 1994; is born this date in 1908.

Elaine Shepard, co-star, William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz), 1938, 1946; Lucille Ball early film-career co-star, 1940, 1946, is born this date in 1913.

Widowed DeDe Ball, her 18-year-old sister, Lola (Cleo’s mother), and Lucille moved in with DeDe’s parents, the Hunts, Fred’s birth imminent; (soon after World War I broke out, DeDe took a job in a factory to provide for her family, where she met Ed Peterson, destined to become her second husband), in April 1917.

Motion Picture Herald, What The Picture Did For Me: “Stage Door – Boy, what a swell show. Our hats off to RKO. The lines were so fast and furious that the audience did not get all of them due to the laughter of the previous remark. The little girl, we did not catch her name (Lucille Ball–Motion Picture Herald) who read the letter . . . will go places. Watch her smoke,” published this date in 1938.

Lucille Ball appears on the cover of Sunday News: NY’s Picture Newspaper, this date in 1944.

Lucille Ball and co-star, Richard Denning, appear My Favorite Husband “April Fool,” episode #82, with veteran supporting cast members, Hans Conried and Hal March, airing this date in 1950.

William Frawley (Lucy’s Fred Mertz) and Bob Hope co-star in Paramount Pictures' Lemon Drop Kid, a Damon Runyon story, with Robert (Bob) O'Brien writer, costumes by Edith Head; and music by Ray Evans and Jay Livingston, co-starring Marilyn Maxwell, Sid Melton, Ida Moore, Lloyd Nolan; as well as Lucy veterans, John Doucette and Jack Krushen, in uncredited roles, released this date in 1951.

(“I Love Lucy”) “Too Many Crooks,” is a re-run of Episode #75, with new footage, revolving around Lucy misplacing her wedding rings in Switzerland, airing this date in 1956.

William Frawley (Lucy’s Fred Mertz) stars in NBC's No Place Like Home, co-starring Andy DeVine, Gordon and Sheila MacRae, in April of 1960.

TV-Radio Mirror: Lucille Ball shares the cover with Carol Burnett – “The Tragedy of Being Funny: What They Paid For Love – And What They Didn’t Get,” published in 1964.

Photoplay, Liza Jones: “Lucille Ball: First Ten Years of Marriage,” published in 1971.

Desi Arnaz IV stars as Walter Nebicher in 20th Century Fox TV’s Automan, “Death by Design”, starring Chuck Wagner, as Automan, Robert Lansing and Gerald S. O'Loughlin - Desi's partner - Dino, Desi & Billy combo - Billy Hinsche, composer, theme music, airing this date in 1984.

CBS’ - The Lucie Arnaz Show, “The Old Boyfriend”, starring Lucie Arnaz, as Jane Lucas, co-starring Lee Bryant, as Jill; Karen Jablons-Alexander, as Loretta; Tony Roberts, as Jim Gordon; as well as Todd Waring, as Larry Love; each appearing in 6 episodes, this episode, guest starring John Getz, series premiere on this date in 1985.

Buddy Rich, Lucille Ball co-star, 1943, Lucille Ball guest co-star, (“Here’s Lucy”) 1970; as well as with Lucille, via archival footage, The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson 1992; dies this date in 1987.

Life: “The Show That Changed America: 60 Years of Network Television,” published in 1999.

Jack Kruschen, co-star, William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz), 1951; co-star in Arnazes film, 1953; Desilu Productions’ Our Miss Brooks 1955; The Untouchables 1959; Harrigan and Son 1961, and Here’s Hollywood 1961, dies this date in 2002.

Silver - A 55+ Magazine for WNY and Northern PA - Volume IV, Issue IV - published by The Post-Journal, Jamestown NY - travel - Touring Rural Museums: Part II - Chautauqua County, by Ruth Seebeck, author, Warren, PA - “The Lucy-Desi Museum documents the life stories of these two American icons. Inter-active story boards share their childhoods: hers, as a small-town urchin; his as a member of a privileged Cuban family. Neither had an easy time becoming successful; neither had an easy time navigating the path of fame. TV monitors throughout the museum broadcast episodes from some of their best shows and movies. It's a joy to remember and laugh as Lucy learned to drive, tried to manipulate Ricky in some way, or performed with her friend, Carol Burnett. You will also see many of their costumes and personal possessions. Next door is the Desilu Playhouse, featuring sets from the famous show and other memorabilia,” for this month in 2009.

April 3

Jan Sterling, co-stars with William Frawley, 1952; guest, Desilu Productions' The Untouchables, 1960; guest Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse, 1960; Desilu Productions' Mannix, 1968; as well as co-stars with Desi Arnaz IV, 1976; is born this date in 1921.

Doris Day appears with Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz, A Star Is Born World Premiere 1954, Hollywood Out-takes and Rare Footage, 1983; archivally, with Lucille, That's Dancing! 1985, and Fame in the Twentieth Century, 1993; with Lucille and Vivian Vance (Lucy's Ethel Mertz), via archival footage, 50 Years of Funny Females, 1995; with Lucille, via archival footage, That's Entertainment! III, 1994; as well as with Lucille and Desi, archivally, Judy Garland's Hollywood, 1997, is born this date in 1922.

Marlon Brando, appears with Lucille Ball, he a presenter, she in audience, The 28th Annual Academy Awards, 1956; uncredited, with Lucille and Desi Arnaz, archivally, Fame in the Twentieth Century, 1993, ABC 2000: The Millennium, 1999; with Lucille, archivally, Moguls and Movie Stars: A History of Hollywood, 2010, is born this date in 1924.

LA Examiner – Behind the Makeup – by Harry Crocker: “Did You Know: That Lucille Ball, who will spend most of her time in a wheel chair for her role in RKO’s It Comes Up Love, actually spent three years in a wheel chair at the aftermath of a bobsledding accident when she was 17?” published this date in 1942.

Wayne Newton, Lucille Ball guest co-star, The Lucy Show, 1965, as himself; (“Here’s Lucy”), 1968, 1970, both as himself, with Desi Arnaz, 1976; appears with Lucille and Desi, via archival footages, ABC 2000: The Millennium, 1999; as well as with Lucie Arnaz, Desi Arnaz IV, (“Here's Lucy”): On Location, 2009, is born this date in 1942.

Jamestown Post Journal: “Lucille Ball starring in Without Love, showing tomorrow at the Winter Garden Theater,” published this date in 1946.

Jamestown Post Journal: “Lucille Ball in NY; Plans to Visit Here Uncertain” – Jack Gaver, United Press: “Lucille Ball, Jamestown’s contribution to the movie greats, is in NYC for a two-month rest. This is the film star’s first real vacation in years and she’s going to do nothing but loaf here for at least two months. Eventually, she’ll go back to the MGM Studio, being under contract, (Local friends hoped she might stop in Jamestown to view the Fairmount Avenue site of the Little Theater (now Brigiotta’s Farmland Warehouse, for which she contributed $1,000 in the recent building drive)”, published this date in 1946.

Lucille Ball is featured in a radio episode of The Martin and Lewis Show this date in 1949.

Love, Lucy, by Lucille Ball: “I talked to some FBI men for several hours at an arranged meeting at the Ranch, regarding being named to the California Central Committee of the Communist Party. I told them this was news to me, and if my name was there, it was listed without my knowledge or consent, as during 1936, I was working at RKO Studios six and seven days a week; seldom home, and knew nothing about political meetings in my home. This seemed to satisfy the FBI men,” this date in 1952.

Lucille Ball leaves rehearsal of (“I Love Lucy”) “The Publicity Agent” to attend a closed meeting regarding her intention to vote on the Communist Party ticket in 1936, wherein she explains fully her “daddy” (Grandfather Hunt’s) peculiar ideas and life-style, and her subsequent registration only to the Party – no word of this meeting ever went beyond the committee room after which meeting, and she is completely cleared – this date in 1952.

Lucille Ball and infant son, Desiderio Alberto Arnaz IV, appear on TV Guide, Volume 1, Issue 1, cover - first national edition - “Lucy’s $50 Million Baby” – (Most Valuable TV Guide in existence) in 1953.

Desi Arnaz and Orchestra record the background music for (“I Love Lucy”), Episode #59, filmed this date in 1953.

CBS’ Sunday Lucy Show: 30 minutes black & white: This is a collection of (“I Love Lucy”) programs, (beginning April 3 until October 30) - with “The Ballet” (episode #19). Because so many home viewers requested to see the early episodes, as they did not have television sets when they originally aired, CBS and the Arnazes re-ran these shows in the late afternoon on Sundays, this date in 1955.

Desilu Productions', Cavalcade of America “The Doll Who Found a Mother”, airs on this date in 1956.

Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz’ son, Desi Arnaz IV and (“l Love Lucy”) Little Ricky, television son, Keith Thibodeaux, appear on NBC’s The Dinah Shore Chevy Show. This is Desi IV’s first television variety show appearance - the two perform on drums and conga drum, stopping the show with “Babalu”. This is Desi’s only TV appearance in connection with (“I Love Lucy”), except for two cameo performances in 1957 and 1958 and the last major performance by Keith, who will be relegated to bit parts on different Desilu series over the next few years, this date in 1960.

Desi Arnaz makes a guest appearance on The Hollywood Squares, co-starring Cliff Arquette (as Charley Weaver), Wally Cox, Nanette Fabray, Peter Marshall, Valery Harper, Michael Landon, Paul Lynde, and Jan Murray, on this date in 1972.

Lucille Ball appears on NBC's Cher and Other Fantasies, with Cher living out her fantasies, and Lucille, as an old cleaning woman - guests include Elliot Gould, Andy Kaufman, among others,airing this date in 1979.

April 4

Bea Benaderet, co-star, Lucille Ball’s CBS’ Radio series, My Favorite Husband - had her schedule allowed at the time, would have become Lucy’s Ethel Mertz; guest co-star (“I Love Lucy”), 1952, and star of long-running television’s Petticoat Junction; with Lucille and Vivian Vance (Lucy’s Ethel Mertz), CBS: The Stars' Address 1963; as well as with Lucille (both via archival footage), You Know the Face, among many other stars, 2009, is born this date in 1906.

Frances Langford, one of the co-stars in Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz’ first movie, Too Many Girls, 1940; guest vocalist, Desilu Productions', Cavalcade of Stars, 2 episodes, 1950; with Lucille and Desi, A Star is Born World Premiere, 1954; as well as with Lucille, Bob Hope's Overseas Christmas Tours: Around the World with the Troops 1941-1972, 1980; with Lucille, That's Dancing, 1985; with Lucille, via archival footage, Entertaining the Troops, 1994, as well as, with Lucille, archivally, Bob Hope: Hollywood's Brightest Star, 1996, is born this date in 1913.

Richard Coogan, star, Desilu Productions' The Californians, as Marshal Matthew Wayne, 54 episodes, 1958-59, is born this date in 1914.

Gene Reynolds, today, one of most-respected writer, director, producers in television; cast member, (“I Love Lucy”), 1957; guest, Desilu Productions' Whirlbirds, The Lineup, 1957; director, 75 episodes, while William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz) was part of the cast of My Three Sons, 1962-64; as well as director, Desilu Productions' Mannix, 1967, is born this date in 1923.

Modern Screen Magazine, Elisabeth Badger: The Ball’s A-Rollin’ - Lucille Ball says: “The Annabel Series has helped me a lot; but, taking pratfalls when no one else would do it for Lily Pons has helped me, too,” published in 1939.

Lucille Ball appears on CBS Radio’s, The George Burns-Gracie Allen Show, airing this date in 1944.

Radio and Television Mirror: Full-color cover of Lucille Ball, promoting My Favorite Husband Radio Program, published in 1950.

William Frawley (“I Love Lucy’s Fred Mertz) appears on TV, The Ed Wynn Show, co-guesting with Joe E. Brown, in his Television debut, airing this date in 1950.

Desi Arnaz and Orchestra record the background music for (“I Love Lucy”), Episode #31, filmed this date in 1952.

Desi Arnaz and Orchestra perform (“I Love Lucy”) “Hollywood Anniversary,” centering on Lucy’s anger at Ricky never remembering the date of their anniversary, Kathryn Card, Ross Elliott and Robert Jellison, supporting cast members, an episode inspired by Desi's surprise anniversary party for Lucille on their 13th anniversary, and airing this date in 1955.

(“I Love Lucy”) “The Ricardos Dedicate A Statue,” the last of the half-hour format, in which Lucy wrecks the town’s memorial to a Revolutionary War soldier, is filmed this date in 1957.

Desilu Productions', U.S. Marshal “Armored Car”, starring John Bromfield, co-starring Ruta Lee and James Griffith, among others; with W Argyle Nelson, Production Supervisor, James A. Paisley, Production Manager,(fourth of 7 episodes, 1958-59) and Dann Cahn, Editorial Supervisor, airs this date in 1959.

Byron Foulger, veteran supporting cast member, (“I Love Lucy”), 1953, Desilu Productions' The Untouchables, 1959; as well a Lucille's guest, The Lucy Show, 1965, 1967, dies this date in 1970.

Oakland (CA) Tribune – Stage & Screen - by Robert Taylor – “Lucy in Distress” – dealing with Lucille’s performance in Mame, published this date in 1974.

Edgar Buchanan, guest star, Desilu Studios'-filmed, 4 episodes, Cavalcade of America, 1953-55, Make Room for Daddy, 2 episodes, 1953-56; Desilu Productions', Whirlybirds, unknown year, The Californians, 2 episodes, 1958-59; Desilu Studios'-filmed, The Adventures of Jim Bowie, 1958, The Barbara Stanwyck Show; The Andy Griffith Show, 1961; with Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz, all via archival footages, Hollywood Out-takes and Rare Footage, 1983; as well as with Lucille Ball, both via archival footage, You Know the Face, among many other stars, 2009, dies this date in 1979.

Gloria Swanson, Desi Arnaz co-star, 1941, with Lucille Ball, Hedda Hopper’s Hollywood, 1960; dies this date in 1983.

Lucille Ball appears on NBC, Bob Hope in Who Makes the World Laugh, Part 2, a sequel to an earlier special done in April of 1983, much of which is film clips, airing this date in 1984.

Gary Gray, guest, Desilu Productions; The Lineup, Cavalcade of America, December Bride, and Desilu Studios-filmed The Adventures of Jim Bowie, 2 episodes, 1956; (“I Love Lucy”), 1957; as well as Desilu Studios-filmed, The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp, 1957; dies this date in 2006.

MediaPost website: We love Lucy...more than ever – by Geoff Williams – “Every two years, a study put out by Marketing Evaluations, Inc./the Q Scores Company is released that rates the popularity of dead celebrities, designed to help marketers conclude what a celebrity endorsement is worth. Elvis Presley, the most familiar dead celebrity to the public (98% of the public recognizes him). Close behind: Lucille Ball (95%); but, while Elvis is best known, that doesn't mean he's the most beloved. His Q score, rating his popularity, is 36%, while Lucy's Q score is 52%”, posted this date in 2008.

The Post-Journal – Arts Appreciation – “Teresi, 10,000 Maniacs Among Award Winners” – by Nicholas L. Dean – “Jamestown Mayor Sam Teresi, The Post-Journal, and 10,000 Maniacs are among the winners named in the Arts Council for Chautauqua County’s second annual Arts Awards. Arts Organizations Winner is Great Lakes FX for its community arts and eco-arts activism and Lucille Ball Little Theatre, Jamestown Community Theater and one of the oldest community theaters in the country; Business Supporter of the Arts – Bodell, Overcash and Anderson for their support of Lucy-Desi events,” published this date in 2008.

The Post-Journal – “Lucy-Desi Center Seeks New Board Members” – by Kristen Johnson – “The Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Center is searching for four people to serve on its Board of Directors. The terms of three ‘appointed’ members expired last month (the three resigned March 26, during a Board meeting); and, the fourth ‘open’ seat was occupied by Board President Fagan, who resigned in December. ‘An important critical action took place,’ according to Daly, ‘the renewed relationship between the Arnaz’ seniors’ children, Lucie and Desi, Jr., when a new licensing agreement was signed’”, published this date in 2009.

April 5

Spencer Tracy, Lucille Ball co-star, 1934, 1945; with Lucille, Hollywood Without Make-Up, 1963, and The Big Parade of Comedy, 1964; with Lucille and Desi Arnaz, Hollywood Out-takes and Rare Footage, 1983 (all via archival footages); with Lucille and Vivian Vance (Lucy's Ethel Mertz) 50 Years of Funny Females, 1995 (all by archival footages); as well as with both Lucille and Desi, ABC 2000: The Millennium 1999 (all via archival footages), is born this date in 1900.

Bette Davis, Lucille Ball early-film career friend, with William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz), 1941; with Lucille, 1943; nearly co-star of the Arnazes (“I Love Lucy”), she fell and broke some bones, however, and had to cancel her already-agreed-to contract, 1957; Desilu Productions’, Here’s Hollyood, 2 episodes, 1962; Hostess, Desilu Productions’, ABC's Wide World of Entertainment “Warner Bros. 50-year Salute” 1973; appears with Lucille, The American Film Institute Salute to Henry Fonda, 1978; Bob Hope's Overseas Christmas Tours: Around the World with the Troops – 1941-1972, 1980; with Lucie Arnaz, Night of 100 Stars, 1982; with Lucille, All-Star Party for Carol Burnett, 1982; with Lucille and Desi (all via archival footages), Hollywood Out-takes and Rare Footage, 1983; with Lucille, The Kennedy Center Honors: A Celebration of the Performing Arts – Bette Davis, Honoree, 1987; with Lucille, via archival footage, The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson, 1992; with Lucille, both via archival footage, Entertaining the Troops, 1994; as well as with Lucille and Desi Arnaz, all via archival footage, ABC 2000: The Millennium, 1999, is born this date in 1908.

Gordon Jones, William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz) co-star, 1936; Lucille Ball co-star, 1949; guest, Desilu Productions', Cavalcade of America, 1956, guest, Desilu Studios'-filmed, The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp, 1956, The Adventures of Jim Bowie, 1957; guest, Desilu Productions', The Ann Sothern Show, 1959; guest, Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse, 1960; guest, Kraft Mystery Theater, 1962, as well as The Lucy Show, 1963, is born this date in 1911.

Gregory Peck, with Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz, Toast of the Town, 1956; guest, Desilu Productions’, Here’s Hollywood, 1961; with Lucille, Salute to Stan Laurel, 1965; with Desi IV, Billy Two Hats, 1974; with Lucille, NBC: The First Fifty Years – A Closer Look, 1976, A Tribute to Mr. Television: Milton Berle, 1978; with Lucille, The American Film Institute Salute to Henry Fonda, 1978, with Lucie Arnaz, Night of 100 Stars 1982, The American Film Institute Salute to Billy Wilder, 1986; as well as Happy 100th Birthday, Hollywood, 1987, with Lucille, via archival footage, The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson, 1992; is born this date in 1916.

Gale Storm, whose comedy television show, My Little Margie, was the summer replacement for (“I Love Lucy”), for the 1951-52 ‘season’, and Gale, as Margie Albright, went on to star in 76 episodes, 1952-55, and as Susanna Pomeroy, 83 episodes, 1956-60; Desilu Productions', Shower of Stars, 1957, The Gale Storm Show, (filmed the 1959-60 season at Desilu Studios); co-star, Desilu Productions’, You Don’t Say, 1964; as well as with Lucille, via archival footage, Bob Hope's Bag Full of Christmas, 1993, is born this date in 1922.

Hollywood Citizen News, Elizabeth Yeaman: “. . . Lela Rogers (early acting teacher, mentor-friend of Lucille Ball, and mother of Ginger Rogers) did not abandon her hobby of producing plays with new talent . . . she’s been signed to a contract at Radio Pictures where she’s in charge of new talent and its development. She will train, present, and direct them in plays performed free of charge, and open to the public at NBC’s broadcasting theater of the studio. The first play, Love is Laughing, will co-star Lucille,” published this date in 1935.

Hollywood Citizen News, Have it Your Own Way: “. . . Lucille Ball in principal role for RKO-Radio, which signed supporting players today,” published this date in 1940.

Lucille Ball’s stepfather, Ed Peterson, encouraged her love of theater (profoundly influenced Lucille’s early interest in theater and taught her the love of reading - Zane Grey and tales of the old West). Lucille, walking home from a movie late one evening, is accosted by a friend of Ed’s; (Ed suddenly appears on the scene – the man disappears from town soon thereafter), dies at the age of 58, this date in 1943.

Hollywood Citizen News, In The News: “Lucille Ball has been chosen to co-star with Bob Hope in Paramount’s Sorrowful Jones,” published this date in 1948.

LA Examiner, Louella O. Parsons: “Lucille Ball is hurrying back to town, getting the acting plum of Gladys in Sorrowful Jones, Bob Hope’s next picture. Bob requested: ‘Lucille Ball, and no one else,’ to co-star,” published this date in 1948.

The (“I Love Lucy”) “Family” appears on Life Magazine cover: “TV’s First Family,” this date in 1953.

(“I Love Lucy”) “Lucy Writes A Novel” - Ricky and the Mertzes unhappy about the plot, try to dissuade her - only time during the entire run of the series there is a fire in the living room fireplace, with veteran Lucy supporting cast members, Bennett Green, Desi Arnaz’ stand-in; Dayton Lummis and Pierre Watkin, airing this date in 1954.

Desilu Productions', You Don’t Say, Tom Kennedy, Host, with Barry Sullivan and Betty White, Guest Panelists - where two teams of players compete against each other to determine the name of a famous person, one member of the team giving clues to his/her teammate, premieres this date in 1963.

Desilu Studios'-filmed, The Bing Crosby Show, “What's A Buddy For?”, starring Bing Crosby, as Bing Collins; Beverly Garland, as Ellie Collins, Lloyd Nolan, as Harvey, Frank McHugh, as Willie, and others, the last episode of 27, airs on this date in 1965.

Paul Power, supporting cast member, (“I Love Lucy”) 1953, 1957, dies this date in 1968.

Brian Donlevy, co-stars with William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz), 1936, 1946; appears with Lucille Ball, The Big Parade of Comedy, 1964; guest, Desilu Productions' The Texan, 2 episodes, 1959; guest star, Desilu Studios-filmed, The Red Skelton Show, 1960, as well as guest star, Family Affair, 1967; dies this date in 1972.

Stanley Farrar, supporting cast member (“I Love Lucy”), 1954, 1956; Desilu Studios-filmed The Real McCoys, 2 episodes, 1958, 1959, The Andy Griffith Show, 4 episodes between 1961-65; guest co-star, Desilu Productions’ Angel 1961, The Untouchables 1962; as well as the Lucille Ball special, Mr. And Mrs. 1964, dies this date in 1974.

The Village Voice, Arthur Bell: “Bell Tells” - article referring to the Mertzes, published this date in 1976.

Lucille Ball and Lucie Arnaz appear on NBC Tom Snyder’s The Tomorrow Show - Lucille, for this occasion, shedding her “star” status, appearing dressed down, with little make-up and answering personal questions, one looking forward to being a grandparent, this date in 1981.

Vito Scotti, supporting cast member, Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse, 1959; Desilu Productions’ The Californians, The Texan, 1959; Lucille Ball co-star, The Facts of Life, 1960; and The Lucy Show, 1962, dies this date in 1996.

Henna Hopper’s Hollywood . . . News From the Wonderful World of Lucy – “Katharine ‘Kate’ Desiree Luckinbill, daughter of Lucie Arnaz and Laurence Luckinbill, beloved granddaughter of Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz, will wear the queen’s crown at the 75th Shenandoah Apple Blossom Festival [May 3, 2002] in Winchester, Virginia – Lucille having been the Festival’s grand marshall in 1964,” published this date in 2002.

Charlton Heston, appears with Lucille Ball, 1967; appears with Lucille, 4th Super Comedy Bowl 1, 1971, Happy 100th Birthday, Hollywood, 1987; with Lucille (via archival footage) The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson, 1992; as well as with Lucille and Desi Arnaz (via archival footage) Off the Menu: The Last Days of Chasen's, 1997, dies this date in 2008.

The Latest From Everything Lucy website – “Jamestown, NY – Lucy-Desi Center Seeks New Board Members – The Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Center is searching for four people to serve on its Board of Directors. ‘The terms of three former board members: Bill Daly, Chuck Ludwig and Caroline Seymour, expired near the end of last month’, said Mike LaTone, the Board’s President. The fourth open seat was occupied by former board president Ed Fagan, who resigned from that post in December”, posted this date in 2009.

April 6

Joi Lansing, guest, Desilu Productions’, December Bride, 2 episodes, 1955, one episode, 1957; guest cast member, (“I Love Lucy”), 1956; guest, Desilu Productions’, Cavalcade of America, 2 episodes, 1956, Fountain of Youth, Desi Arnaz, Executive Producer, Orson Welles, Writer/Director; by Orson Welles, 1958, The Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse Presents the Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Show, 1959; guest, Desilu Productions’ The Untouchables, 960; as well as guest, Desilu Studios-filmed, The Joey Bishop Show, 1963, is born this date in 1929.

LA Daily News, Eleanor Barnes: “Public is invited at no charge to NBC Studio stage, RKO’s Love is Laughing, with Lucille Ball, published this date in 1935.

Susan Tolsky, Lucille Ball guest co-star, (“Here’s Lucy”), 2 episodes, is born this date in 1943.

LA Evening Herald Express, Harrison Carroll: “Everyone at MGM is raving over Lucille Ball’s drunk scene and general performance in Easy to Wed, published this date in 1945.

MGM’s Ziegfeld Follies’ star-studded cast includes Lucille Ball, a panther tamer – a novelty of a film, with no plot, two-years in the making, also features William Frawley (Lucy’s Fred Mertz), in a skit “A Sweepstakes Ticket.” Ziegfeld Follies is one of the top-grossing films this year, with upwards of 5.3 million dollars in ticket sales, although costing 3.2 million dollars to produce. This film wins the Cannes Film Festival Award for Musical Comedy, and is released this date in 1946.

The Arnaz Family (Lucille, Desi, Lucie and Desi IV) appear on Life Magazine cover: “Lucy’s Boys: One at Home Means Pair on TV,” this date in 1953.

The US Patent Office awards a Patent to Jess Oppenheimer March 1, 1960 - (“I Love Lucy”) , the original request for a “prompting apparatus for camera’s Patent,” is submitted this date in 1953.

Lucille Ball appears on Life Magazine cover: Cover Story: “Lucy’s Boys,” published this date in 1953.

(“I Love Lucy”) “Lucy is Jealous of a Girl Dancer,” a re-run of Episode #10, with new footage and flashback sequence, airs this date in 1953.

Desilu Productions', Desilu Studios'-filmed, The Texan, “Private Account” - Desi Arnaz, Executive Producer; Rory Calhoun, Producer; starring Rory Calhoun, as Bill Longley; Jesse White, as Wheeb Martin; Joe DiReda, as Johnny Hinshaw; among others; W. Argyle Nelson, long-time associate of the Arnazes, as Production Supervisor, 31 episodes, 1958-1960, Bill Heath, Editorial Supervisor, Original Music, E. C. Norton, Kerwin Coughlin, Casting; airs this date in 1959.

Desilu Productions', Angel, created by Jess Oppenheimer; as Associate Producer and co-composer, theme music; starring Annie Farge, as Angel, – “The Dentist”, co-starring Parley Baer, Bennett Green, Don Keefer, Alan Ray, Doris Singleton, Marshall Thompson; with Eliot Daniel, co-composer, theme music; Wilbur Hatch, original music; Irma Kusely, hair stylist; W. Argyle Nelson, Production Supervisor, and James A. Paisley, Production Manager, airs this date in 1961.

Keith Thibodeaux, (“I Love Lucy’s ‘Little Ricky’”) appears, as Johnny Paul Jason, on Desilu Studios-filmed The Andy Griffith Show “A Deal is a Deal”, with Jim Nabors, as Gomer Pyle, as well as all regular cast members, on this date in 1964.

Desi Arnaz IV appears on The Alan Thicke Show, with Todd Bridges, Gary Coleman, and Shari Lewis, airing this date in 1981.

Greer Garson, Lucille Ball’s early film-career friend of many years; she, Lucille, and Judy Garland write a song while on Hollywood Cavalcade bond tour, 1943; with Lucille and Desi Arnaz, A Star Is Born World Premiere 1954; with Lucille, Dean Martin Celebrity Roast: Jimmy Stewart, 1978; as well as appears with Lucille, via archival footage, Entertaining the Troops 1994; dies this date in 1996.

People Magazine: “Ten Greatest Romances” - Number 7, Lucy and Ricky Ricardo,” published in 2009.

Eddie Carroll, guest, Desilu-Productions' and Desilu Studios-filmed Mission: Impossible 1966; as well as cast guest star, Life With Lucy 1986, as reported on The Lucy Lounge, dies this date in 2010.

Working With Lucy: A Conversation With James E. Brodhead - starring, archivally, Steve Allen, Gale Gordon, Ed McMahon, Vivian Vance (Lucy's Ethel Mertz), Mary Wickes, among others, is released this date in 2010.

April 7

Walter Winchell, Lucille Ball co-star, 1933, voice only, with writing credits; Sorrowful Jones, narrator, 1949; Desilu Productions’ The Walter Winchell File, as himself, 1952; as Host and himself, 1956, and 10 episodes, as himself, between 1957-1959; additional year, 1960, as himself; Desilu Productions’ The Scarface Mob, aka The Untouchables, 1959, The Gun of Zangara, 1960, both as Narrator/voice only; Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse, 2 episodes, 1959, and The Untouchables, 118 episodes, as narrator; The Lucy Show, 1966, as narrator– (Lucille and Desi Arnaz’ sometime friend, sometime not, reporter held responsible for the ‘blind item’ in his column about Lucille’s alleged membership in the Communist party); is born this date in 1897.

James Garner, of Maverick and The Rockford Files fame; guest co-star, Desilu Productions’ Here’s Hollywood, 1962; appears with Lucille Ball on The American Film Institute Salute to Henry Fonda, 1978, as well as with Lucille, via archival footage, The Carol Burnett Show: A Reunion 1993, is born this date in 1928.

David Frost, Lucille Ball guest co-star, (“Here’s Lucy”), 1971; with Lucille and Lucie Arnaz, Night of 100 Stars II, 1982; as well as with Lucille and Desi Arnaz, via archival footage, Off the Menu: The Last Days of Chasen's 1997; is born this date in 1939.

Desi Arnaz and Orchestra, perform, (“I Love Lucy”) “The Marriage License,” revolving around the legitimacy of Lucy and Ricky’s marriage due to misspelling of names, (in a short six months, or 26 episodes later) - the first television program, breaking a television record (first program in practically every major city in the nation to be seen by 10,600,000 homes) - based on American Research Bureau (ARB), one of the rating services operating in the early 50’s - 30,740,000 viewers - 9.8 million men; 13.5 million women; and 7.4 million children; remembering that, in 1952, there were only 15 million television sets in operation in the United States, with veteran supporting cast members, Irving Bacon and Elizabeth Patterson, a year before she was hired as Mrs. Trumbell, the episode airing this date in 1952.

Lucille Ball attends Walter Winchell's birthday party, held at the famed Sunset Strip Nightclub, Ciro's, with 20th Century-Fox mogul, Darryl F. Zanuck, Betty Grable, Marilyn Monroe, Winchell, Jane Russell, Louella Parsons, as well as famed songwriter, Jimmy McHugh, on this date in 1953.

(“I Love Lucy”) “Ricky Needs An Agent,” an episode with veteran supporting co-star, Parley Baer, wherein Lucy pretends to be Ricky’s agent, is filmed this date in 1955.

CBS’ The Lucy Show – 30-minutes, black & white – not a misprint, nor Miss Ball’s classic 1960’s sitcom. Re-runs of (“I Love Lucy”) Sundays had done so well for CBS they decide to add this extra night of (“I Love Lucy”) Saturdays, early evening. New graphics are made to reflect the change of title and sponsor this date in 1956.

Louis D. Merrill, guest cast member, (“I Love Lucy”), 1953; guest star, Desilu-Productions' The Lineup, 1959, as well as Angel, 1961; dies this date in 1963.

Desilu Productions', The Greatest Show on Earth “Love the Giver”, starring Jack Palance, as Johnny Slate, co-starring, Brandon DeWilde and James Whitmore, among others, airs this date in 1964.

Joseph Crehan, veteran, 360+ films; uncredited co-star, William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz), 1942; with Lucille Ball and Frawley, uncredited, 1945; with Frawley, uncredited, 1946; with Frawley, uncredited, 2 films, 1950; with Lucille, uncredited, 1950; guest, Desilu Productions', Those Whiting Girls, 1955; as well as guest cast member, (“I Love Lucy”), 1955; dies this date in 1966.

Desi Arnaz Productions', Desi executive producer, The Mothers-in-Law, “Jealousy Makes The Heart Grow Fonder”; co-stars, Beverly Garland, as Audrey Fleming, among others, with regular cast members, airs this date in 1968.

CBS’ The Lucy Show - Each of Lucille Ball’s series always goes on summer hiatus, selected re-runs of the show are aired in prime time instead of a summer replacement series, commencing March 24. The remaining weeks are re-runs for the first time in color from the series’ last three seasons (1965-68), on this date in 1969.

Alberto Morin, supporting cast member (“I Love Lucy”), 1952, 1953; guest, Desilu Studios'-filmed, The Lineup, 1955; guest, Desilu Productions', Wire Service, 1957; Desilu Studios'-filmed, Man With a Camera, 1958, Yancy Derringer, 1959; as well as guest, Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse, 1959, dies this date in 1989.

John Agar, Lucille Ball co-star, 1951; Desilu Productions’, Whirlybirds, 1960; as well as guest star, Desilu Studios'-filmed, Family Affair, 1967, dies this date in 2002.

Hartford Courant, “Retiree From Florida Buys Lucy’s (Lucille Ball’s Celoron NY) Childhood Home,” published this date in 2002.

Desi Arnaz, IV, and Lucie Arnaz, guest star, along with many other former sitcom stars: 'The Travel Channel’s Television Documentary, Road Trip, hosted by John Ritter, on this date in 2002.

Barry Nelson, Desi Arnaz co-star, 1944; guest, Desilu Productions’, The Greatest Show on Earth, 1964; as well as Vacation Playhouse, 1967, dies this date in 2007.

The Lucy Lounge Blogspot - courtesy: 'mickee': “Hallmark Channel has scheduled another (“I Love Lucy”) marathon Sunday, May 2, from 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.”, posted this date in 2010.

For Debbie Reynolds, you could have added that she was supposed to do the NEXT Lucy Desi Comedy Hour but then they divorced so it fell through.

April 1

April 2

April 3

April 4

April 5

April 6

MGM’s Ziegfeld Follies’ star-studded cast includes Lucille Ball, a panther tamer – a novelty of a film, with no plot, two-years in the making, also features William Frawley (Lucy’s Fred Mertz), in a skit “A Sweepstakes Ticket.” Ziegfeld Follies is one of the top-grossing films this year, with upwards of 5.3 million dollars in ticket sales, although costing 3.2 million dollars to produce. This film wins the Cannes Film Festival Award for Musical Comedy, and is released this date in 1946.

April 7

For Doris Day, you could have added that she attended Lucy's Thalians tribute AND was interviewed by Lucy for her radio show Let's Talk to Lucy.

For Doris Day, you could have added that she attended Lucy's Thalians tribute AND was interviewed by Lucy for her radio show Let's Talk to Lucy.

WOW - thanks for the information - had NOT run across that one.... Thanks, also for Davis and Garner 'clips'....Keep 'em coming!

Love, JK

From TV Guide April 4-10, 2011 article on pages 14-15 "In Memoriam Elizabeth Taylor" by Matt Roush

"At the height of Liz-and-Dick mania, the couple guested on a wacky 1970 episode of Here's Lucy, with Lucille Ball getting Taylor's 69 carat diamond stuck on her finger."

There are also two pictures of Lucy in the article. One of Lucy, Liz & Richard Burton on the cover of TV Guide; The caption reads: "Taylor graced the cover of TV Guide Magazine in September 1970 with Richard Burton and Lucille Ball".

The other picture is of Liz trying to pull the stuck ring off of Lucy's finger with the caption: "On Lucille Ball's Here's Lucy (1970) Taylor's 69-carat diamond was insured for $1,500 per day".

From TV Guide April 4-10, 2011 article on pages 14-15 "In Memoriam Elizabeth Taylor" by Matt Roush

"At the height of Liz-and-Dick mania, the couple guested on a wacky 1970 episode of Here's Lucy, with Lucille Ball getting Taylor's 69 carat diamond stuck on her finger."

There are also two pictures of Lucy in the article. One of Lucy, Liz & Richard Burton on the cover of TV Guide; The caption reads: "Taylor graced the cover of TV Guide Magazine in September 1970 with Richard Burton and Lucille Ball".

The other picture is of Liz trying to pull the stuck ring off of Lucy's finger with the caption: "On Lucille Ball's Here's Lucy (1970) Taylor's 69-carat diamond was insured for $1,500 per day".

viv: Many thanks for this information - shall enter it...JK

Re Paul Lynde of The Hollywood Squares, he once thanked Lucy ON THE AIR, on the show, for a shirt she had sent him, i forget if it was for Christmas or his birthday.

Thanks, Claude; can you give me an idea where you get these tidbits of information? Especially, the one about Garner - ballpark date on the Griffin show if, in fact, it was that? Thanks....JK

Thanks, Claude; can you give me an idea where you get these tidbits of information? Especially, the one about Garner - ballpark date on the Griffin show if, in fact, it was that? Thanks....JK

Where i get them is i was watching on tv like everybody else, Jim was a huge star with Rockford Files so i assume it was the seventies, I knew Lucy was very frugal so i was shocked when she presented him with the bag. But i dun't thin she was ever careful when it came to giving gifts to anyone but in true cheapskate fashion, she did tell him how expensive it was. I can't even be sure it was Merv, could have been Mike Douglas, but it was definitely one of the two, they were the Kings of daytime back then. You could always take the easy way out and say she gifted Garner a bag or man purse full of his favorite snack, chocolate chip cookies which she had heard he loved when they both guested on an aftertoon talk show one time in the seventies, LOL! I swear on my mother's soul that it did happen. Oh and i also saw the show where Paul Lynde thanked Lucy for the sweater or shirt.

Where i get them is i was watching on tv like everybody else, Jim was a huge star with Rockford Files so i assume it was the seventies, I knew Lucy was very frugal so i was shocked when she presented him with the bag. But i dun't thin she was ever careful when it came to giving gifts to anyone but in true cheapskate fashion, she did tell him how expensive it was. I can't even be sure it was Merv, could have been Mike Douglas, but it was definitely one of the two, they were the Kings of daytime back then. You could always take the easy way out and say she gifted Garner a bag or man purse full of his favorite snack, chocolate chip cookies which she had heard he loved when they both guested on an aftertoon talk show one time in the seventies, LOL! I swear on my mother's soul that it did happen. Oh and i also saw the show where Paul Lynde thanked Lucy for the sweater or shirt.

Thanks for the information; now, some for you - Jamestown 'folk' frequently named on ("I Love Lucy"): Marion Strong - 4/30/11 - 4/1/96; L. Pauline Lopus ('sassafrassa') 9/4/10 - 8/1/96; and Rose Malta ('McGillicuddy') 5/8/11 - 7/6/95; now, one thing from you, if possible - where can I find information about interviewees, etc., Let's Talk To Lucy? - is there such a 'site'???

Thanks - your, and others', information is invaluable to this project; on the candid side; I'd not included those things, and obviously, those things can be dealt with more if I ever get to a 'second' volume.... keep dreaming, Kellogg!!!

Love, JK

Thanks for the information; now, some for you - Jamestown 'folk' frequently named on ("I Love Lucy"): Marion Strong - 4/30/11 - 4/1/96; L. Pauline Lopus ('sassafrassa') 9/4/10 - 8/1/96; and Rose Malta ('McGillicuddy') 5/8/11 - 7/6/95; now, one thing from you, if possible - where can I find information about interviewees, etc., Let's Talk To Lucy? - is there such a 'site'???

Thanks - your, and others', information is invaluable to this project; on the candid side; I'd not included those things, and obviously, those things can be dealt with more if I ever get to a 'second' volume.... keep dreaming, Kellogg!!!

Love, JK

What do you mean about the info on Let's Talk to Lucy, i get it when the interviews are included on the Lucy discs, as for those we have not seen yet, they are on a signature wall in the backdrop of said interviews. There's also been a listing of some of the names in some books when mentionning the radio show. I can't believe BOTH her best Jamestown friends died the same year, even the other one whose name i never heard died a few months before both of them.

Archived