David Frost Epis. on HL - Where Were the Censors?

This evening I watched "Frost Nixon" and that prompted me to view the David Frost episode from Here's Lucy Season 4.

I was more than a little surprised to see a very clear shot of David Frost's middle finger being waved about for a few seconds in the 2nd act of this episode. I may be imagining this, but both he and Lucy seem to be enjoying an "inside joke", judging from the smiles on their faces.

QUESTION: Were the censors so dense that they didn't catch the significance of that finger wave ?

I'm not an expert on the history of cursing, but surely by 1971 most adults would have known the meaning of waving around one's middle finger.

Any comments ?

This evening I watched "Frost Nixon" and that prompted me to view the David Frost episode from Here's Lucy Season 4.

I was more than a little surprised to see a very clear shot of David Frost's middle finger being waved about for a few seconds in the 2nd act of this episode. I may be imagining this, but both he and Lucy seem to be enjoying an "inside joke", judging from the smiles on their faces.

QUESTION: Were the censors so dense that they didn't catch the significance of that finger wave ?

I'm not an expert on the history of cursing, but surely by 1971 most adults would have known the meaning of waving around one's middle finger.

Any comments ?

Maybe, the director missed it in editing.

I mentioned this episode to someone at work today. She thought that the middle finger may not have signified anything back in 1971. This could be.

I'm certainly no expert on cultural history (esp. as it pertains to cursing).

Right after I saw the shot of Frost's finger, I literally leaned forward to grab the remote to rewind a few seconds to make sure I wasn't imagining something. And sure enough - Frost is definitely giving the finger to all us viewers out in TV Land. Amazing !

I mentioned this episode to someone at work today. She thought that the middle finger may not have signified anything back in 1971. This could be.

I'm certainly no expert on cultural history (esp. as it pertains to cursing).

Right after I saw the shot of Frost's finger, I literally leaned forward to grab the remote to rewind a few seconds to make sure I wasn't imagining something. And sure enough - Frost is definitely giving the finger to all us viewers out in TV Land. Amazing !

Don't take it personaly, he wet it first and was taking the temperature of the room. Or the wind direction.

Well... I'll be damned!

lucy_helps_david_frost_go_f_u.jpg

:hlLOL:

Well, there ya go, i was too lazy to go dig out the show, but darn if he or she wasn't right, he's giving Lucy the finger and she's laughing about it, LOL! Lucy apparently asked him what he thought of her and he answered YOU'RE NUMBER ONE in my book honey!

Maybe this was filmed when they were rehearsing that scene and they mistakenly included in the final editing of the show. Like what Lucy did in "Home Movies".

"SMILE, WHEN YOU ARE USING THAT FINGER!"

How do you get such good screencaps? Is there some screen grabbing program you use? I sometimes use one but it has a watermark on it.

On my old laptop I could only take screen caps using the Fraps program which can be downloaded for free. SInce I got a new computer at Christmas 2009 though I have been able to take screep captures just by running the DVD in Windows Media Player or the built-in HP player and just pressing Print Screen and pasting the result into Paint or Photoshop.

On my old laptop I could only take screen caps using the Fraps program which can be downloaded for free. SInce I got a new computer at Christmas 2009 though I have been able to take screep captures just by running the DVD in Windows Media Player or the built-in HP player and just pressing Print Screen and pasting the result into Paint or Photoshop.

Did it but how do you post a picture on here without having to upload to a website first?

I might get that, how much does the dentist charge for screen CAPS?

Did it but how do you post a picture on here without having to upload to a website first?

If you have saved the capture to your computer, you can either upload it to a place like Photobucket or attach it directly to a post here by using the full editor and attaching the file like you would to an email.

Archived