Arthur Marx, LIFE WITH LUCY writer

Shemp

So sad to hear of Arthur Marx's passing.

I have that book. It is *very* revealing!! :lucyshock:

A great book. I think it is still available on things like Amazon marketplace. Did it actually get published in America, it got published here in the UK, but I think it was removed from bookshops not long after - I think there was legal threats from Hope (or his family/legal reps)

A great book. I think it is still available on things like Amazon marketplace. Did it actually get published in America, it got published here in the UK, but I think it was removed from bookshops not long after - I think there was legal threats from Hope (or his family/legal reps)

It is a great book! It was published here in America and is available used from Amazon's marketplace. I don't know if there were any legal threats here, though.

Yes it also reveals that Hope was probably 2 or 3 years older than he admitted, he was very tight-fisted with money - even to his family, and was very homophobic. Fascintating book by Arthur Marx though. Haven't read any other of his books though.

A homophobe too huh? Doesn't surprise me much. Had an ego the size of Detroit too i heard.

Here's Amazon's page on the book. Some very interesting (and BIZARRE!!!! :lucywow: ) reviews:

http://www.amazon.co...03012139&sr=8-1

I looked for it today in one of our bigger and better used book stores here in the valley, to no avail. I'm so curious now about what was written that I'm going to keep looking for a copy and if no luck after awhile, just may break down and get a used although pricey copy through Amazon. lucyshock.JPG

Trivia: just so happens the dry cleaner I frequent is located directly across from Hope Enterprises (which, I believe, is still in operation for some reason) in a little Toluca Lake strip mall, of sorts, just off Riverside Drive and the 134. HALKING.gif

Here's Amazon's page on the book. Some very interesting (and BIZARRE!!!! :lucywow: ) reviews:

http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Life-Hope-Arthur-Marx/dp/186105274X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1303012139&sr=8-1

Wow, thanks for the link, i am petty sure i had that book, read it like i read all show business bios but got totally bored with it and gave it away pronto, i think it's that feeling of being totally deceived by someone, like when i read Carson had all his shows scripted also, all his brilliant ad libs written by well paid writers, same as Bobby here.

Archived