Desi Arnaz Cocktail Hour CD

chedderchester

I just ordered this CD off of Ebay and I LOVE it! Has most of his memorable classics, like "Babalu," "Guadalajara," "Cuban Pete," "The Matador," "Similau," (aka the "African Wedding Dance) "Carnival in Rio" - which features LUCY and one of my absolute favorites, "Without You" which can be heard on the "Lucy/Desi a Home Movie." At first, I wasn't wild about "Carnival in Rio" but listening to it again, I like it, especially Lucy's part. She goes

"Peter Piper picked a pack of pick-led peppers, a pack of pickled peppers, Peter Piper picked. Did Peter Piper pick a pack of pickled peppers, how many pickled peppers did Peter Piper pick" (or something to that effect.) I think they sped up her voice a bit because it sounds too chipmunk-y.

I love hearing this CD because it was recorded in 1946-1947, before the I Love Lucy days.

At first, I wasn't wild about "Carnival in Rio" but listening to it again, I like it, especially Lucy's part. She goes

"Peter Piper picked a pack of pick-led peppers, a pack of pickled peppers, Peter Piper picked. Did Peter Piper pick a pack of pickled peppers, how many pickled peppers did Peter Piper pick" (or something to that effect.) I think they sped up her voice a bit because it sounds too chipmunk-y.

Yeah that part of the song always makes me laugh!

Im going to have to get it out the boxes when they arrive and give it another spin, especially like Lucy's bit :-)

It was released in 2000 . . . did most of you buy it back then? I mainly wanted it for the "I'm Lost without you" featuring Amanda Lane, which is so beautiful, and another favorite is "Mi Vida" featuring Jane Harvey. I look forward to sunny summer days when I can take long drives out through the country just floating with this beautiful music and leaving all my troubles behind.

I wish SOME stores would've still carried it but noooooooo. But hey at least I got it for less than 10 dollars and it arrived in 2 days!

It was released in 2000 . . . did most of you buy it back then? I mainly wanted it for the "I'm Lost without you" featuring Amanda Lane, which is so beautiful, and another favorite is "Mi Vida" featuring Jane Harvey. I look forward to sunny summer days when I can take long drives out through the country just floating with this beautiful music and leaving all my troubles behind.

I wish SOME stores would've still carried it but noooooooo. But hey at least I got it for less than 10 dollars and it arrived in 2 days!

Not sure, it was after then but before 2004 I think.... Havent listened to it since back then!

Archived