Stone Pillow

What do you think of that movie? Hard to believe that's LUCY! :blink:

Funny parts are when she (Flora) says "I hassa go bathroom" and that lady steals her cart. And when she sticks her tongue out at the staff member at the shelter. And when she's on the bus and some lady gets pushed onto her and she says "Get your fat *lady screams* off of me!" And when she sees a kitty eating food and eats some of it. I also like the word "persnickety" now.

I think it was very clever to disguise a bathroom as a closet with a "WET PAINT" sign on the door so she can hide her cart somewhere.

Saddest parts are when she is telling Carrie about life back on the farm and when her husband & Sonny left her when she came home from the hospital. Just the way she says "they was gone! Never came back." And when she has that flashback when she's in the dark alleyway at night after leaving the shelter.

But poor Lucy, the weather couldn't have been more fickle. Under all those layers! Ugh.

I have a soft spot for this movie. Lots of critics labelled it as a "flop" as it wasnt something Lucy was known to do.

But I appreciate the storyline as it showed so much emotion and heart.

I was telling my boyfriend the other day that if I had all my Lucy movie's infront of me, "Stone Pillow" would be one of the one's I would choose to watch. Lucy truly put her all into this movie, and at her age she proved that she still had it.

It's my singing idol - Frida (the red head from ABBA). I love her as much as I love Lucy. I must have a thing for red heads LOL! Do you like ABBA?

The Frida who left the famous Abba turd in Priscilla Queen of the Desert??? LOL! I L O V E Abba and all their music hits, listen to them all the time!

LOL! Glad to know you love ABBA

Always have, always will, the best thing about the movie Mamma Mia besides proving Meryl Streep can do anything is that terrific ABBA soundtrack. You never saw Prscilla queen of the desert? The Abba fan in there went in the bathroom after she'd used it and kept one of her turds in a jar, LOL! I'm sure Lucy's fans have done the same over the years, LOL! Just wanted to bring it back on topic, Lucy was shown USING the bathroon in Stone Pillow.

Always have, always will, the best thing about the movie Mamma Mia besides proving Meryl Streep can do anything is that terrific ABBA soundtrack. You never saw Prscilla queen of the desert? The Abba fan in there went in the bathroom after she'd used it and kept one of her turds in a jar, LOL! I'm sure Lucy's fans have done the same over the years, LOL! Just wanted to bring it back on topic, Lucy was shown USING the bathroon in Stone Pillow.

LOL! Yes, I have seen PQOTD but I had forgotten about that part but it does ring a bell now. You think Lucy fans have done the same thing!? :lucythrill::lucydisgust:

I have always loved this movie and was ECSTATIC when it came out on dvd. I remember when it first aired, a special news bulletin cut the end off and I was sooo upset. Then, when I caught a rerun, I was able to record it but still something interfered with the end.

I didn't think this was a flop for Lucy at all. I was blown away by her performance and loved every minute of it. It's an amazing movie. Great story! And she pulled it off. I would say this is actually one of my favorite movies along with "Come Back Little Sheba" with Shirley Booth, "The Ghost & Mr. Chicken" with Don Knotts and "That Touch Of Mink" with Doris Day.

Archived