THE NEW LUCY TALLY!

C L A U D E

Ok, now, on DVD, here's what we have and dun't have . . . I Love Lucy and The Lucy Desi Comedy Hour, we have everything. The Lucy Show and Here's Lucy, we have F O U R of the S I X seasons with only TWO more to go for each series. Life with Lucy is next, with 13 episodes to be released probably as a one dvd with all 13 on it. We got the I Love Lucy movie and a special singe disc of the BEST features of ILL released for those who did not want to rebuy that boxed set to get that one disc.

CBS Salutes Lucy, the First 25 Years. One of the BEST Lucy specials EVER as it has highlights from her entire career. AND the 50th anniversary one ruined by the appearance of stars who had nothing to do with her and a certain Latin number that went on forever. There's LUCY retrospectives and LONG LOST footage of very early appearances but what i'd like to see released are the Variety Clubs Tribute to Lucy maybe released with others as well like the Carol Burnett one that Lucy appeared on also. The TV Hall of Fame presentation and The Kennedy Center Honors induction of Lucy, again as well as others Lucy participated in like the Sammy Davis one where she inducted him. Bob Hope's Love Affair with Lucy, a tribute special he made for her of their best material together and it has Betty hite in it to help sell it to the public, LOL!

The Lucy Specials, two have come out as doubles and two as singles although the Lucy Moves to NBC one is not out yet but coming very soon. Seeing as we also have one of her BEST specials, out as a feature on one of her show season discs, that leaves just Lucy in London and Lucy in Nashville to get out and we are all hoping LIL makes it on The Lucy Show season five as a special feature like Mr and Mrs did before it.

Of course that leaves all her GUEST appearances on other people's shows. Some of these have already come out as little clips on discs as Special Features and maybe that's the best way for them to be released but once we have all the show seasons, that'll be all we have left to look forward to so thank God there's pplenty of them to look forward to in the future to keep us going. The only one i know of that's out now is that Password collection that included many important stars and features Lucy with gary and the kids.

Then there are the Lucy movies, most major ones have already made it out but there is room for the many limited appeal ones, or the B pictures as they were known, maybe the RKO Lucy collection or another Turner Lucy collection but this time on DVD instead of VHS. The Lucille Ball collection was terrific but only had five titles, the Turner classic one coming out very soon only has Four of them and of course Lucy movies did come out in other stars' collections like Kate Hepburn, Bob Hope and Esther Williams among others.

I can't believe that I only have two more seasons to go on "The Lucy Show". I never thought I would own them for home viewing.

Yeah, now some of us have to figure out what to do with our COPIES of those shows. So much of my priceless Lucy collection is now OUT on DVD for all to get.

We have been sooooo lucky to have ALL of these great DVD's! Who would have thought!

Can't wait to see what else is in store for us!

I would have thought, i've been telling you guys for years now, how could they release one show and not do her others? EVERYTHING she ever did will eventually come out but of coutrse they will come out with a new format by then and we'll have to start all over again but i hope i'm dead by then, cause i ain't got the patience no more, as Sid Ceasar said on that Variety Clubs tribute to her, LOL! :hlLOL:

Actually, what got me to thinking about this thread was i took out all my Lucy dvds and put them out on a living room shelving unit, they looked so purdy all together like that, brought a little tear to my eye. It's no longer just about I Love Lucy, thank God! :lucy2:

Yeah Ive got all my Lucy DVD's together. And all in order too! I.e Lucy's movies together side by side, the ILL boxed sets together, TLS DVD's together, HL DVD's together and all her specials next to eachother. Hehe im very precise! :lucythrill:

Doesn't it make for one beautiful sight?

Mine are all hinding up at the back of my wardrobe shelf. Mostly to keep them out the way of tiny little sticky grubby destructive fingers LOL!

Well, it makes sense that they are HINDING like that then. I had mine in a special bureau so that they could avoid dust and hot or cold air, but now i wanted to see them and enjoy the look of 17 years of 21 on TV for our favorite redhead, just to enjoy the LOOK of it all together like that. :ill::lucy2:

Archived