Peter Falk has died at 83.

Brock

The CBC is reporting that Lucy's neighbour and all-round person of groove Peter Falk has died at 83. :( :(

U.S. actor Peter Falk, best known for his portrayal of a rumpled detective in the TV series Columbo, has died. He was 83.

"Falk died peacefully at his Beverly Hills home in the evening of June 23, 2011," according to a statement from his family.

He had been suffering from Alzheimer's.

Falk won four Emmy awards for his work on Columbo and was nominated for Oscars for his roles in 1960's Murder, Inc. and 1961's Pocketful of Miracles.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/story/2011/06/24/peter-falk-obit.html

Aw, scuse me, hate to bother you but what did he pass on of, what was the actual cause of death, do you know, oh and one more thing, did he go peacefully? Did he state any unrealized goals and accomplishments in this life that he never got around to oh and pardon me, does anyone know if his family was around him at the time of his death. Oh sorry, one more thing, what are YOU going to be watching to pay tribute to this fine actor tonight in tribute shall we say? Well, me and the mrs are gonna take in Pocketful of Miracles, Mrs Columbo and I just love Mr Falk in that feature, thanks for your time, thank you very much oh and one more thing, i loved him as an actor and he will be missed.

Aw, scuse me, hate to bother you but what did he pass on of, what was the actual cause of death, do you know, oh and one more thing, did he go peacefully? Did he state any unrealized goals and accomplishments in this life that he never got around to oh and pardon me, does anyone know if his family was around him at the time of his death. Oh sorry, one more thing, what are YOU going to be watching to pay tribute to this fine actor tonight in tribute shall we say? Well, me and the mrs are gonna take in Pocketful of Miracles, Mrs Columbo and I just love Mr Falk in that feature, thanks for your time, thank you very much oh and one more thing, i loved him as an actor and he will be missed.

Is the "Columbo" series on DVD/Blu-Ray? He was wonderful in "Pocket Full Of Miracles". I saw Peter Falk in Wim Wenders 1987 film "Wings Of Desire". I would love to see this film again in honor of his passing. I am hoping for a film tribute on TCM.

Is the "Columbo" series on DVD/Blu-Ray? He was wonderful in "Pocket Full Of Miracles". I saw Peter Falk in Wim Wenders 1987 film "Wings Of Desire". I would love to see this film again in honor of his passing. I am hoping for a film tribute on TCM.

YES, Columbo is out now on DVD. He was absolutely terrific in that series.

Archived